Extra Easy Confused about EE...

Sapphire

I'm very old school SW, i've only ever done red or green days, but I like the sound of EE...it just seems confusing and different! So just to check, you can mix red and green foods in each meal (3 meals a day) but you must have 1/3 of your plate superfree, so veggies, eggs, quorn etc from the pages in the book. (my book's old, it's got a strawberry on the red side and star fruit on the green side).

Between meals are you only supposed to have superfree food, is that right?

And 1 HEXA and 1 HEXB a day..but from which lists?

So say I was going to have pasta with tuna or something..i'd have to chuck in 1/3 superfree veggies, or would some fruit afterwards count?

Sorry i'm feeling dim! I like the sound of this though, it would force me to get my 5 a day in!

Hi there, i'm pretty new but i'll do my best to answer your questions. I'm sure someone more expreienced will give you more info.

1/3 of your plate should be superfree, this is just fruit and veggies i think, eggs and quorn are just 'free' in my book. They should make up the other 2/3.

Between meals your supposed to reach for the superfree first, but if your still hungry there's nothing stopping you having something else.

I only know of 2 HEX lists, the A list is dairy, like cheese and milk. The B list is fibre, such as bread and cereal.

The fruit after your jacket potato would be fine, although i think the idea is to have the third on your plate to help you feel full and take in less of the other food. I do have fruit after breakfast though, i'm being flexible, i want this to be a life style change and not too many rules!

Hope that helps xxx

Ah thank you! I think my book must be out of date then, i've got a superfree section with fruit, veg, eggs, quorn, cottage cheese etc.

Green days and red days have different healthy extra lists, like you're allowed low far soft cheese as a B choice on green, but not red, that's what's confusing me :confused:

I could have veggies with most of my meals, but don't know what to do if I have something like scrambled egg on toast for brekkie, i'll probably have fruit after like you I think :)

Yes quite right Choc bananas (great name btw!!) But only fruit & veg that is free on both red and green are classed as superfree, so basically anything except peas, sweetcorn, potatoes, sweet potatoes....(which aren't free on red!I may have missed some so check your book) Just stick loosely to the rules but don't worry too much if not every meal has 1/3 sf on the plate! If you're happy with your losses keep going the way you are, if they start to slow down, then try upping your sf! It's meant as a guide to aid your losses so don't feel restricted by the plan! X

Ah thank you! I think my book must be out of date then, i've got a superfree section with fruit, veg, eggs, quorn, cottage cheese etc.

Green days and red days have different healthy extra lists, like you're allowed low far soft cheese as a B choice on green, but not red, that's what's confusing me :confused:

I could have veggies with most of my meals, but don't know what to do if I have something like scrambled egg on toast for brekkie, i'll probably have fruit after like you I think :)

I think the reason they chuck some cheeses into the HEXb on green is to make sure you're getting extra protein that you might be lacking by not following red or EE! You'll notice that there are some cheesy B choices on green that you can't have on EE and this is because they don't have enough calcium to qualify for A choice status!!! Hope that clears things up!X

Back