Confused about SS+ and 200kcal meal...

laurenmay

Gold Member
So I've opted for the SS+ plan on step 1.. & will be having 3 shakes a day, along with the 200kcal meal.

The book states the meal options, one of them being 170g of chicken breast.. But 170g of chicken breast works out at 221 calories as the chicken breasts I have are 130kcal per 100g.

Do I have the recommended 170g, or do I only have about 150-160g to keep below the 200kcal meal mark?

Confused!!!

I would keep below the 200 cal mark babe xx

laurenmay said:
So I've opted for the SS+ plan on step 1.. & will be having 3 shakes a day, along with the 200kcal meal.

The book states the meal options, one of them being 170g of chicken breast.. But 170g of chicken breast works out at 221 calories as the chicken breasts I have are 130kcal per 100g.

Do I have the recommended 170g, or do I only have about 150-160g to keep below the 200kcal meal mark?

Confused!!!

Are you using raw chicken? Measurements are probably for a raw amount rather than cooked. I think I'd text your CDC to see as its important to follow the correct amounts x

It's frozen chicken breasts, and it says that their 130kcal per 100g cooked weight :/ so I think I'll have to give my CDC a text and ask her what she thinks! x

that would bring you to 191cals for the chicken I think, so I would just take it down a few grams just so you have enough cals for your veg. Did you buy them frozen? Sometimes frozen chicken has been plumped with stuff which may be making up the added cals.

silencemylips said:
that would bring you to 191cals for the chicken I think, so I would just take it down a few grams just so you have enough cals for your veg. Did you buy them frozen? Sometimes frozen chicken has been plumped with stuff which may be making up the added cals.

Well 170g of it works out at 221kcals.. and I really hate veg, any type of veg I can't stand & all the ones on the allowed list are a big no no so I'll just be having chicken by itself.. Worked out that 150g of chicken will be 195kcals so I'll just do that I think :) and yeah I buy them frozen, so much cheaper than fresh!

haha, so it does, massive fail on my maths, this post made me go look at the package from my chicken think I mixed it up with my numbers! Tell me about it, a lot cheaper, so chicken is tasty but expensive!

Its because cambridge balance carbs, protein and calories. Your meal doesn't need to be 200 calories or under, it's just for the measurements thats the "average" x

Oh I see :) I might opt for 170g of chicken then, it's only like 21 calories over and I want as much chicken as I'm allowed! Lol.. I absolutely hate veg though, I'm not sure if broccoli was on the list or not but if it was I'm sure I could steam some & try forcing it down.. Maybe if I put it on my fork with the chicken & eat them together then the broccoli wont taste so bad?!

Back