Confused how do some peeps lose 4 + lbs a week?

size102b

Banned
Hi I have done ww many times but since coming on here I am very confused how some people lose 4-5 lbs a week after the first 2 weeks,I understand if they had a gain the week before or had totm and didnt lose the week before but its people who lose large each week HOW :confused: :confused:
They say if we lose more than 1-2lbs a week its muscle but is it? Anyone have a answer??? xx

Not being (rude) to anyone but my friend started WW at 26 stone and has lost 7 stone in 9months.! she loses between 3-5 pounds a week?

So maybe if people have alot of weight to loose?????
who know's i just think any loss is a good loss really and to be HAPPY!!

Very very few people lose that much and if they do its usually a one off unless they have loads to lose. When I started in 2007 I lost around 1 stone a month but that was because I had SO much to lose.

Dont be disheartened youre doing great :)

Hi thanks,yes any loss is a good loss but I think some people see peoples losses and feel they arent doing well not losing big and wonder? I never lose big losses this time Ive had a 3lb loss and was shocked so realise Ima slow loser but I do wonder how people lose big week after week,I mean the lighter people though? x

Ok im with you for the lighter people then lol!! ive always been 0.5/ 1.5 lb a week girl!!

first week lost 5 lbs never eveerrr again lol x

you also have to remember that you maybe replacing fat with muscle.

e.g one week you could lose 6lbs of fat but the scales only show a 2lb loss because you've gained 4lbs of muscle......

-6 (fat) + 4 (muscle)=-2 on scales..

Hi thanks,yes any loss is a good loss but I think some people see peoples losses and feel they arent doing well not losing big and wonder? I never lose big losses this time Ive had a 3lb loss and was shocked so realise Ima slow loser but I do wonder how people lose big week after week,I mean the lighter people though? x

Hey 102b, exactly how i feel, atm i know im having personal and body problems and painkillers, but even without these problems you lucky if i do lose a pound a week, i know i said im happy with a pound a week but last 2 week i didnt get any just 0.5 off. Like you say yes i feel im not doing this right and maybe like my friend was doing was taking really bad diet pills and weight was piling off her she was losing loads a week and ww so she said refused to keep seeing her cos she was losing 7lbs a week and she didnt have loads to lose, but i tell ya she cant keep any off her now, but i see ppl losing loads, maybe i aint got the fast mob what ever its called mine is like a snail hahahaha xxx

Thanbks everyone xx

Jacqui it just puzzles me when I did ww last year I was exercing alot and losing jusy 1/2-2lbs on a v good week,I suppose wmbb is right muscle....
I hope the need for the pills goes soon I know its hard mindset wise to do any plan when we are doing 100% and not seeing results,just remember if you werent doing plan then how much could you be gaining? xx ((hugs))

I know people with more weight to lose like myself can lose quite a lot until the weight comes down a bit and also people with faster metabolisms. Also people that exercise a lot but on the flip side, people that exercise a lot can gain muscle weight so I guess it works both ways. It must just really depend on the person though. I know how frustrating it is though when you have stuck to plan though and have a small loss! x

I lose 1lb a week, i exercise 5 times a week and eat all my points everyday, drink PLENTY of water.
I think thats going to be me from now on as its been the past 6 weeks or so, although when i did wendy and lost 2.5lbs.
I've noticed with my friends that have quite a large amount to that they can lose loads in the first few weeks.
x

I tended to lose 2-3lbs every week, with the odd 4-lb for good measure. Even the week I got to goal I lost 4lbs. I excercised a lot and was very strict with tracking and pointing though.
Mind you, my body has now decided enough is enough and I have had an extra 3lbs since xmas that just will not shift for anything!!!

It sucks doesn't it (well, if you're not the one losing 4+lbs a week), but weight loss can be like that. If you have a lot to lose, you tend to lose more, or if you are younger, or taller, or whatever.

It's not true that if you lose more than 2lbs a week it's muscle loss though.

Neither is it true that you'll gain muscle on a weight loss diet. It's highly unlikely.

However, you do increase health generally, burn calories and if you are doing resistance exercise, helping retain the muscle you have.

But you wont gain muscle.

Sorry, just had to clear that up cos it's one of my bug bears.

I personally think, every time you lose weight it is harder. So if you ahve yo yo d, and been on diets since you were 10 like me, it is that little bit harder every time. If you are coming to weight loss for the first time, you will mose more. I know I ahve lost and gained so many lbs and stones in my 30 years of dieting, and every time I do it it's harder. I think every diet decreases the metabolic rate!!

Lynda

I personally think, every time you lose weight it is harder. So if you ahve yo yo d, and been on diets since you were 10 like me, it is that little bit harder every time. If you are coming to weight loss for the first time, you will mose more. I know I have lost and gained so many lbs and stones in my 30 years of dieting, and every time I do it it's harder. I think every diet decreases the metabolic rate!!

Lynda
I am sooo with you on that Lynda! I keep telling people the same thing, but I'm sure they think I'm just making excuses! I've been a yo yo dieter for 17 years...I think the worst mistake of my life I made was going on a diet at 18 thinking I was overweight (5'9" and weight about 11.5 st) and i did lose a bit, but it made me obsessed with food and I ended up bigger than I was originally, and thats kept happening ever since, and no I'm 5 stone heavier than at 18! So I know where you're coming from lol. It gets harder to become motivated each time aswell, which is why it's taken me so long to get my "head in the right place" again. Anyway, I'm glad its not just me that feels this way lol x

I can only speak for myself here but I have had a couple of weeks of big losses. I honestly don't know why or how, other than I track religiously, rarely go over my points (I've been over by 2, twice in 6 weeks and worked the deficeit out during the week) and I exercise every day. It's not high intensity, I just walk between 4-6 miles a day (thanks to my pedometer for telling me this!).

I'm fairly young (25) and I have a lot to lose, but I have no idea what my metabolic rate is like - I wouldn't expect it to be high otherwise I wouldn't have got so overweight in the first place :D

All I can say is stick with it - I am fully expecting my weight loss to slow down dramatically next week.

Back