Extra Easy Confused new starter!! :(

skkendall

Hi everyone :)

So.... I started slimming world yesterday morning and got weighed and have been sticking to the diet ever since and even went to an hour long body pump gym class last night but today I am 4 pounds heavier?

How is this possible? xx

Take no notice, the only WI which matters is the one at group. You're weight will fluctuate during the week, best to keep off the scales;)

Have a look at the thread about sneaky weigh ins, a lot of us do it, me included, but it does more harm than good. Your weight can go up/down a crazy amount day by day so only EVER take notice of your offical weigh in, once a week.

I sneakily weighed in yesterday and my scales said I'd gained 2lbs. At weigh in tonight I actually lost 2.5lbs. Don't trust at home mid week weigh ins!

My scales told me yesterday I'd lost 2lb. At WI this evening, I'm 6lb down. Definitely don't trust any other scales lol

Ooh ok thanks.

I'm going swimming tomorrow for an hour so that should help burn some calories :)

Stop worrying about burning the calories - yes any exercise you do is good for you and will help, but the priority is to TRUST THE PLAN it does work (with or without exercise) x

Putting 4lbs of food and water in your stomach is no different to putting it in your pocket - it still has WEIGHT. It takes time to digest. You wouldn't put 4lbs of bricks in your pocket and expect to weigh the same would you? Also no two scales are identical. As the others have said get weighed once a week at the same time every week and use that wright only as your guideline. Good luck x :)

You cannot judge one day after starting and also your body will be various weights througut the day - You should try to get weights at the same time and after the same routine each time you are weighed to give the most accurate reading.

Back