confused newbie

tinytiger

I notice on a few threads there is talk of Asda and Tesco bars. What are these? Can you have them instead of exante ones?

I also cant stomach the soups. Really loathe all of them. Love the milkshakes. I drink all of them hot. I also drink my water warm. Im weird like that but if I have anything cold (except wine) I feel physically sick.

I have worked out what totm and oh are. Whats TS and WS?

After the first weigh in what is the average weekly loss?

Im really obsessed withe the forum now and fnd it so inspiring and my strength when Im weak.
x

I notice on a few threads there is talk of Asda and Tesco bars. What are these? Can you have them instead of exante ones?

Yes you can http://www.minimins.com/exante/194450-other-diet-bars.html

I also cant stomach the soups. Really loathe all of them. Love the milkshakes. I drink all of them hot. I also drink my water warm. Im weird like that but if I have anything cold (except wine) I feel physically sick.

I have worked out what totm and oh are. Whats TS and WS?

Total solutions and working solutions

After the first weigh in what is the average weekly loss?

A stone a month

Im really obsessed withe the forum now and fnd it so inspiring and my strength when Im weak.

Welcome aboard

x

Welcome to our merry band Tiger, it's a great place to be.

TS = Total Solution (i.e. just 3 packs a day and no other food)
WS = Working Solution (3 packs a day and a 4-600 calorie meal, usually low carb)

Typical weekly losses (after first week) are 3-4lbs

Asda Measure Up bars, Tesco Ultra Slim and Biggest Loser - only the meal replacement bars for each of these, not the snack bars, can be used instead of an Exante bar as one of your 3 packs a day. You should not have more than one bar (whichever bar you choose) in a day, as they have higher carbs than a shake or soup pack.

Remember you can add herbs, spices etc to the soups to jazz them up a bit, also, you may find it better to mix them up with more water than it suggests (likewise with the shakes).

Check out the diary threads, and you can always start one of your own, to help keep you motivated on this journey.

Anyway, welcome and good luck as you get started :D

Hi Tiger

I've just started on Exante too. 1st weigh in tomorrow. Think we're both in the same boat with similar BMI and weight to loose. Good luck with your 1st weigh in. xx

Thank you Starlight and Cybill for explaining to me. Will try the Asda bars in the future. You have both done really well and inspire me to carry on. Will add some flavourings to the soups, had two milkshakes and a bar today. Couldnt stomach the veggie soup. Dont want to waste them so will keep trying with the soups with the spices.

No1mum, its great to do this together. Good luck with your weigh in tommorow. I work longisg hours and not always on the forums but would love for us to support each other. 100% today- really proud of myself and drank lots of water too, about 4.5l throughout the day.

xx

Welcome Tinytiger, I prefered the soups to the shakes to begin with and wasn't too keen on the tomato or the chicken but after a week I retried them and actually like them! Maybe abstinence changes your tastebuds as well as your waistline!! Good luck x

Thanks geordiebear. I hope the taste buds improve coz I took one sip of the chicken and I couldn't stomach it. Had to throw down the drain and made strawberry instead.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I didn't like the chicken one much but I use tabasco sauce to liven it up a bit and in the tomato one I grind loads of black pepper into it. I'm sure if you give it another try soon you might be suprised. Good luck x

Back