Confused over weight gain ☹️

Pizzaface

I started slimming world 2 weeks ago, last week I lost 7.5lb!!! Was so happy! So this week I stuck to plan again, had a cheeky weigh yesterday morning and it said I’d gained 3lb!! I don’t actually get weighed properly until the morning but now I’m shitting myself because I don’t know why it said I’ve gained as I’ve really stuck to plan ☹️ Has this happened to anyone else when they first started?

Bodies can be sneaky , and annoying.
You had a real good loss the first week, so don't be too disheartened if you have had a gain, I'm sure your hard work will show on the scales next week. And yes, I do speak from experience. 😀

I started slimming world 2 weeks ago, last week I lost 7.5lb!!! Was so happy! So this week I stuck to plan again, had a cheeky weigh yesterday morning and it said I’d gained 3lb!! I don’t actually get weighed properly until the morning but now I’m shitting myself because I don’t know why it said I’ve gained as I’ve really stuck to plan ☹️ Has this happened to anyone else when they first started?
Do you menstruate? If so, check where you are in your cycle - if I was week three (bloating, constipation, water retention) I would nearly always either maintain or put on 1.5 lbs, even when I'd stuck to plan. Also, check how much water you're drinking and then increase it! Good luck.

Back