Extra Easy confused!!!

Amy2249

Silver Member
So I gained 2 lb then STS and this week it looks like a 4lb gain???? I know I shouldn't weigh at home but my scales are about 1lb difference from meeting scales.
I was 100% this week, only change is I started doing spinning again, I know exercise can make you retain water but I drink loads of water anyway and 4lb is massive gain and the biggest gain I've had. I have been off plan for a week and haven't gained that much. Any advice or reason for the gain will be great.... Thanks in advance.

I know I shouldn't weigh at home but my scales are about 1lb difference from meeting scales.

If you know you shouldn't weigh at home why on earth did you weigh at home!?!?!

My advice -
1) Ditch your scales in the nearest bin - its clearly not doing you any good
2) Remember that weight fluctuates from one day to the next, and from morning to afternoon to evening.
3) Post a food diary on here so that we can check you are actually following plan.
4) Read the many threads on here about boosting weight loss.

If you know you shouldn't weigh at home why on earth did you weigh at home!?!?!

My advice -
1) Ditch your scales in the nearest bin - its clearly not doing you any good
2) Remember that weight fluctuates from one day to the next, and from morning to afternoon to evening.
3) Post a food diary on here so that we can check you are actually following plan.
4) Read the many threads on here about boosting weight loss.

I know the scales should go in the bin but it normally gives me a reasonable idea of my weight loss for the week. WI is tonight so I will just bite the bullet and deal with it. :cry:

Stop weighing yourself at home - you are torturing yourself!
Plus, it means you are paying someone to do a job you have already done - quite silly really.

Try not to focus on this relatively small gain, and realise how far you have come and how much weight you have lost!
You are doing great, we all have little hiccups like this but the thing to remember is not to let it de-motivate you. In fact, make it a positive - let it give you that extra kick up the butt!

How about starting from scratch and going back to basics. After you've officially weighed in, pretend you are back at you're first week of SW. Keep a diary of everything that passes your mouth - just incase things are sub-conciously slipping in there.

Try not to lose heart, you are doing great! Best of luck xxx

Thank you princess_stevie.

After my STS last week I tried to get my first week head back on and I thought I had managed it but maybe not.

The scales have to go, I really do not know why I continue to torture myself and like you said I am paying for it as well :doh:

I will see what it says at WI tonight and take it from there.
I will continue exercising (even though I lost all the weight so far without exercising)
I know being more active can only be good for me.

Thank you for your advice.......

HOME SCALES WILL GO IN THE BIN!!!!!!

:ashamed0005:

I know when its my time of the month i gain about 3lbs? maybe its this?..... i agree though, ditch the scales :) just be 100% every day and it will come off :)

Good luck hun, you can do it!! xxx

Back