Considering Exante for fast wedding weight loss!

TaraTeal

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I am currently following slimming world, and as much as I enjoy the plan, the results are slow. I am considering doing exante and rotating between TS and WS depending on my work rota.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me, your own stories and if you would reccommend it.

I get married in June and my dress is a 14-16 I currently am an 18. I'd love to get down to 170-180lbs.

Any advice would go a long way, thank you!!!

Also, it would be a good idea for someone to start a exante before and after photo thread. So we can see exactly how well everyone has done who wishes to post their photos. I find threads like that are a huge inspiration!

Hiya,

I am doing Exante for my wedding this year. It depends how soon your wedding is, but you could easily lose a stone in your first month and possbily a stone every month after that, it wouldn't take you long to reach your goal.

It's a hard thing to do, I don't know if you've ever tried vlcd before but it takes extreme willpower and determination to battle through the first week and then to keep resisting food thereafter, especially with birthdays etc etc.

But if you have the mindset it flies by.

If you need any more info theres a thread on here I think explaining it. Also check out the website. I'm sure there are a lot more knowledgeable people on here than me who will reply to you soon.

Miss Bean xxx

You could easily get down to 180lbs by June - sorry didn't see your date there.

Also this time around (I've done this before) I have a bit of chicken/tuna or whatever with salad if I want it. I think the key to this diet as everyone will tell you is to make it suit you. If you can cope with 100% TS then that's great, but there is no shame in having a salad, it's mainly water anyway. As long as all the ingredients are Ketone friendly you might have slower weight loss but at least it keeps your mind on track xxx

Hi,

Thanks for replying! It's just sometimes nice to know there are other people out there doing the same, almost helps with that feeling of 'missing out'. I get married 2nd week of June, I'd love to be down 3 stone by then. I think I will give exante a go from february and use the rest of my time on slimming world to low carb and up my water intake to help. I love lean meat and veg's so think WS is going to be good for me.

Congrats on your loss so far though, thats quite a loss for 1 week! Well done! I always thought, if reducing calories by a little is so hard to stick to, how am I going to stick to something like Exante/CD. But I think it's all mind over matter and theres no harm in trying, the fast results must keep people going.

Good luck with your wedding weight loss!!!

If you start in february you will easily lose 3 stone in time for your wedding, possibly even more than that :)
Exante say a stone a month so you could lose 4!

Oh and we do have a photo thread, it's a sticky up the top called before/during/after photos. x

I did Cambridge diet for my wedding in 2010 and lost almost 3 stone in just 9 weeks! Althought I had a lot more to lose than you and started at a size 24.

You could always do exante for a little blast maybe two months before the wedding and go back to SW after to keep the weight off.

But I agree with the others, if you start in Feb and stick to it you should have no problem losing 3 stone by Jun xx

Thanks for the replies, I am going to start exante in february for sure. Will try it and see how I get on, hope to stick to it for at least feb and march, but would love to keep it going for a third month and then for may go back to SW to keep the weight off and tone up.

Did you exercise with your weight loss Mini Mummy? I am a little worried about skin hanging in the arm region, due to my dress being strapless, but I am planning to tone all the way through.

Tara, congrats on the wedding. I too am on the diet to get into my wedding dress. It is perfectly possible to lose the weight you need to before June. Although you will find it different mentally to SW; but I find having the wedding as a deadline to lose the weight really motivating.

Thanks Bella, Good luck to you with your wedding weight loss. I have always struggled with dieting hence why I am in this situation now, 5 months to go and in a panic about the dress, looking like a walrus in it etc.

I just need to stay positive and remind myself of why I am doing it! I think I need to start mentally preparing for exante, I've started today upping my water intake, I've eaten less than I would normally too. There have been such fantasic weight losses on here that I simply have to give it a go, and if it's not for me at least I tried it!

I would suggest the WOrking Solution first as you may find it easier coming from SW. You also have plenty of time.

I have 49lbs to lose before May hence am doing the Total Solution.

You will manage it and there definately won't be any walrus comments!!!

Haha, maybe we can keep eachother going once I start then, we can compare notes and motivate eachother, I can totally see why people come on here and post diaries so often! It helps to talk to people going through the same thing!!!

I'm sure you can do it too, how long have you been on TS then? and how is it going?

Tara x

Been doing it three days and lost 6lbs already. I am a size UK 18.

Have tried other vlcd before with little success at staying on them - your head has to be in the right place for it to work, it is a lot different this time round because I am ready to tackle it once and for all.

Happy to motivate each other :)

I am a UK18 too and want to be comfy in a 14 again, haven't been for a long time. I am the same as you, tried other diets (no vlcd's) and have always had a hard time sticking, never really had much motivation, always felt alone or 'missing out'. This time I have my goal, the wedding dress, and also now I think well I 'miss out' on feeling confident, and feeling happy when I look in the mirror, I miss out on the nice clothes I want to wear. I always chose things that cover me up, I sit on the sofa and put a cushion on my lap to cover my tummy.

This time I am determined. I am considering starting exante even sooner, the more I read about it, peoples experiences, the more I want to start and experience it for myself.

Just been speaking to a work colleague and she said to go for it for next week, think I will, happy to get going really. It would be ace to get down to the next stone in the first week!!!

The only exercise I did was swimming and walking. I think the swimming really helped tone up my arms but other than that I didn't have a problem with lose skin xx

I think the progress will keep me going, it's the slow results that I find impact my choices when on a diet. I sometimes think, 'oh what's the point' But everyone is having such fantastic losses on exante, and it's received such good reviews I have to try it!

I'm getting married 2nd June, I have 1stone left to go have already lost over a stone on this diet before. I want to get down to 9st for my wedding. I'm currently a size 10/12 but would love to be an 8/10

I'm sure you can do it crims! I am ordering my products today, having a last supper today! having a bit of what I enjoy and then tomorrow to sun low carbing and upping water to prepare myself for next week!

Thanks mini! I am just planning to do circuit training twice a week and I have a cross trainer I use most days x

Back