Considering Exante

paigesmum30

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Claire and i've previously been on lighterlife. I managed to lose 2 stone but i've put 10lbs back on over the summer holidays :(

Although LL was very good, it's far too expensive for me.

Could anybody tell me more about exante? I'd never heard of it until i came on the forum. I'm currently following Atkins which i've tried before but i think i need to jump into a vlcd to kick this extra weight and another stone too.

Thanks in advance,
Claire

Hi Claire,

Exante is like LL, but without the scream of pain when you pay for a month's supply. And without the counselling.

I did LL about 8 years ago and the CBT taught me nothing other than that I am very self-conscious discussing myself in front of 9 other people.

As you say, Exante is also about one third of the price, which is a huge bonus.

I've been doing it for three weeks and my weight loss is a lot lower than many people's, but I am very happy with Exante and the weight loss.

There are three "solutions", which are listed on the Exante website, Total Solution being like LL, the others having meals added to increase the calorie intake.

Again, like LL, you can have a combination of soups, shakes and bars, as you choose.

Obviously personal taste plays a big part, but I find all the "food" palatable and some of it even enjoyable.

hi i did lighterlife in 2008 and have just swapped from lipotrim to exante and its great i lost 4lb this week on my 1st week of exante. you can have 3 or 4 shakes,soups, or bars they recommend 4 if your very active or have alot of weight to lose. im breastfeeding so im having 4 and still lost 4lb. good luck in what you decide.

Claire,

The total solution is like LL in that you only have 3 or 4 packs/bars a day (no "normal" food) and drink at least 2 litres of water. This gives you about 600 calories a day.

You do this for the first four weeks and in the fifth week you need to add a meal each day to increase your calorie intake to about 1200.

The website is exantediet.com :)

Me again! Yes Lipotrim is similar, the main difference being that you buy the food from a participating chemist and get weighed weekly by them. I think the cost is around £35 a week. :)

Claire,

The total solution is like LL in that you only have 3 or 4 packs/bars a day (no "normal" food) and drink at least 2 litres of water. This gives you about 600 calories a day.

You do this for the first four weeks and in the fifth week you need to add a meal each day to increase your calorie intake to about 1200.

The website is exantediet.com :)

Great, i'll have a look now x

It's 600 calories a day :)

its around the same as having 4 packs on LL
but with exante you can split the packs :) so have half one time and half another :) the shakes are nice and thick :)

I absolutely love this diet! I have 4 packs a day as I exercise a lot. I split 3 of them so I get 6 mini 'meals' and even at half strength they are lovely and milky (I had wondered if they would get watery but they don't at all). I then use a vanilla pack in place of milk in my coffee through the day which is lovely. I lost 9lb the first week and hope for another good week this time. After the first couple of days I haven't been hungry at all and have my usual high energy levels. I love it!

I add 200ml or so to half a pack. The flavour isn't overly strong, but I find it milky enough - almost like a weak Nesquick if that makes sense? I think its lovely!

i just tried half a pack with 300ml as i usually do a full pack with 600ml and it was still quite nice and i had a large cup of boullion hot drink too which made it feel like i was having a veg soup. so i think i mite split all my packs from now.

Back