Consolidation CONSO COMPLETED, DIARY CLOSED

Hope you're having a lovely sleep Robin... nothing better (in my book) than an early start, then feeling your eye lids get heavy after lunch... preferably next to a log fire... awh! zzzzzzzz

Hope you're having a lovely sleep Robin... nothing better (in my book) than an early start, then feeling your eye lids get heavy after lunch... preferably next to a log fire... awh! zzzzzzzz

Good for you Laura!
:D Not possible for everyone on a weekday though - I just nearly nodded off too (5.40 start :(), but can't afford the nap! At least I'm not at work!

I thought, on the continent, it was ok to have a siesta... (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!). Guzzling a Nescafe to keep awake! Stronger than that, and I'll be awake all night!

Hmm you'd have to be fairly far south for an official siesta :) though 'Mittagsruhe' is not unheard of in Germany (you were supposed to keep things quiet between 1 and 3pm) though largely superseded these days I think.

Mine's gone now Sarah too... it was a temporary high at the beginning! Probably just relief at being back in control!

I'm all for bringing in an official siesta hour!

No siesta here! Feel fine though (it did help that I had plenty of sleep, I suppose) and managed an hour on exercise bike:D and finished my book (on library duty tomorrow, so just in time).

Off to make soup! Then games night (where I will won't eat cake).

Weighed myself this morning - scales up 400 gr since Friday. Today is first PV-day-of-the-week-to-compensate-for-not-having-PP-Thursday hence the weigh-in. I'll weigh tomorrow and see if the PV day makes much difference.

So, food -

B - porridge
L - fish in white sauce, ratatouille, fromage blanc
D - roast chicken with cabbage, green beans, yogurt
S - rhubarb and custard

Looks nice (if cold) outside, so a long walk too.

Morning!

Another WI this morning (after PV day) and I'm down 200 gr on yesterday. That might have happened anyway though as I did a bit more exercise than usual, so I'm none the wiser. We'll see what Friday brings but I think I'll stick to 2 PVs during the week instead of a PP day and if I've had a weekend of partying (fat chance!) or whatever, then I'll do a PP day to compensate then.

So food today

B - porridge, apple
L - split pea and veg soup, omelette and swiss chard, orange
S - bread and cheese
D - roast chicken and veg, pear and custard (not Dukan)

Hi there Laura. That soup sounds lovely you lucky thing!

That sounds a really good plan. Less dramatic than sort of starving yourself one day a week.
Maintenance is always going to be the hardest part, and am very interested to see how it works for you.

Soup was lovely, thanks!

I've noticed, too, that I don't feel bloated despite having carbs a lot the last few days. Think it comes down to the type of carbs, so will banish pasta, etc and see how I get on with that.

Looking good Robin...
By the way, I thought of you on Sunday when I watched the episode of Ice Road Truckers that I'd recorded Friday... they swore!! I cringed and hoped your little ones hadn't been chanting the swear word all weekend!!

We only watched the first half hour, Jo. They'd already seen it on W9 (unknown to me) and of course, much more interesting in French:(.

However, have recorded a 'paramedic on motorbike' documentary which was also on Ch 5 (eldest wants to be a fireman and both boys - and Mr R - interested in motorbikes) so hopefully that will be more captivating for them. They'll be blasé about any possible bloodshed, they've seen worse here (accident-prone Papa and eldest has had a few scrapes on his bike) so think it should be OK for them - might watch beforehand to check.

:-D

Morning!

PV Thursday

B - porridge
L - white fish and spinach/white sauce, fromage blanc
D - smoked salmon, chicken and brocoli, yogurt

Mmmh nice I'm jealous! :jelous:

Morning (just)!

63.1 on the scales this morning, probably because I've had no gala meals. Good to know a PV day is almost as effective. Not expecting (or wanting) to lose next week though, so maybe will only do PV on Thursday (as the calorie intake is very low on those days despite the veg).

Food today
B - porridge and baked apple
L - chicken with quinoa and green beans, fromage blanc, orange
D - soya bolognaise with swiss chard, bread and cheese
S - banana

Back