Conso Diary. I need all the help I can get!!!

Day 8 on conso 59.1kg

Loving conso!!! Loving my slice of bread, fruit and cheese even thought i am not having it everyday. I am taking it slowly, one day I have cheese and fruit, the other day 20grs of cheese and bread and so on. Still haven't had a gala meal or a starchy meal, too scared!

I have tripled the amount of exercise. I so wish I had done that since the beginning of the diet because I just feel so much better! I have been really careful about having some carbs before my runs and it's working.

When I started this diet I promised to myself I was going to give 100% and do everything right. However, I think I made 2 huge mistakes: not to exercise religiously and delay going into conso. I hope my post will alert my fellow dukaners.

Today I had almost all my conso allowance for breakfast before the gym. It made such a difference! I did a 1 hour power circuit class plus 12 min on the bike. Never thought I would say that but I am actually loving the gym.

Bkf
40gr toast
20gr cheese
3 slices of turkey breast
1 pear

Lunch
1small thigh, 1 small drumstick + cherry tomatoes
Some raw salmon (sashimi)
Some rice for the first time in 5 months.
Now, let me talk about this....sushi is my favourite food of all times. If I could chose to eat one thing forever it would be sushi. My son has been asking me to make it for ages but I manage to make him forget about it. I had no idea how I was going to react in front of a plate full of sushi. Today there was no way out, he wanted sushi.... So, first I decided to turn this into my starchy meal. Then I thought, "can we eat regular rice at all"? I think it has to be wholemeal, right? So then I decided I was going to make it but not eat it. I resisted bravely at first but in the end couldn't resist having 5 small pieces of sushi (salmon, cucumber and mango inside).
I have to say, IT WAS NOT WORTHY IT! I felt SO guilty that I didn't enjoy it at all! What did I learn? NOTHING! If I hadn't had it I wouldn't feel so guilty now BUT I would be craving it for a long time. So, what is the right thing to do ladies? Have to think about that...

Monday, conso day 14

Bkf
1 toast +20 gr cheese
1 pear

40min treadmill (20 running)
20 min weights

Lunch
Broccoli and leeks soup with
250grs extra lean mince
Jelly
Rhubarb

Snack
Dukan biscuits (oatbran, wheatbran, egg, sweetener)

Dinner
2 turkey breast steaks
1 bowl soup
3 small thighs (with curry+yogurt)
Jelly

Last edited:
Bkf
1 egg
Smoked salmon
Toast with Philladelphia

Lunch
1chicken thigh
1 courgette with tomato sauce and extra lean mince
2p jelly

Snack
Dukan bread
30grs cheese

Gym
30 min circuit class
25 min cross trainer (hill interval!! Super hard but I finished!)

Snack 2
1 medium latte

Dinner
Salmon steak with leaks
Jelly
Some quark with sweetener

Last edited:
I'd consider your sushi meal your gala meal for the week, in which you can eat whatever you like. Remove the guilt. Sushi is great! OK it's white rice, which isn't the best for your "starch" reintroduction, but you are allowed a gala meal too which I'm sure you've not been having to date!

I'd also be so bold as to advise you plan now next week's gala to be a decent sushi meal, with a starter and a pud too. And savour and enjoy.

Dieting through Conso is not the best idea. I understand you freaked out when you regained a little, but it can take a few weeks for things to settle after a long period without carbs (and removing them again isn't the answer).

Remember the meals you had in Cruise (plenty of protein + veg). That's how your meals should be composed in Conso. Nothing has changed. You are to ADD things, not take them out. (1 chicken thigh and 1 courguette wouldn't fill most people!!).

Good luck! Anja talks a lot of sense in her Conso diary if you can dig it out.

Bless you Jo for not letting me feel guilty over my sushi!

I was planning a great conso but this trip to Brazil is driving me crazy. I don't know if you will understand what I am going to say but.... Looking slim feels wonderful but looking slim in front of your family, your competitive sister and all your childhood friends feels UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

Do you get it? Consciously or unconsciously I am trying to lose as much as possible before going home. But I can see now how silly this seems....

Will plan my gala soon!

Btw, the thigh was just the starter! My true lunch yesterday was a bolognese sauce made with 250grs of lean mince and 1 tin of canned tomatoes!

Decided to have a pp wednesday due to the total lack of vegetables in my fridge and lack of time to buy them!!

Bkf
1 dukan bread
Philadelphia
Smoked salmon

Lunch
Prawns
250grs extra lean mince
Rhubarb
1 tbsp Greek yogurt

The day started as a pp day and finished with a gala meal!!!

I decided you were all right and that I have to give conso a chance! So, as my husband worked from home today I decided to go out for diner and enjoy a regular meal like a "Normal" human being!

We went to Tgi Fridays because I had my heart set on a nice pudding! I shared a chicken nacho plater with my husband and didn't feel like a main course. Wow, that was a victory already! I listened to what my body wanted to eat, ate it slowly and thought that was enough! Then we ordered a big ice cream which I shared with the kids. It felt great! I tried my hardest not to feel guilty and I didn't!

Right now I feel quite sick to be honest. I don't know if it was because of the meal or because of the prawns I had for lunch...

I am quite curious to see what is going to happen with the scales on Saturday. I am fully aware it was just a meal and I will go back to the diet tomorrow. I can see clearly now the purpose of the gala meals! I can see how psychologically important they are. Maybe it is too soon to say that but I am glad I did it!

Found a pp day very hard after a gala meal! I had to remind myself I was back on the diet!

Bkf
Dukan bread with quark and smoked salmon

Lunch
Rost chicken from saisburrys.... Almost whole!

Snack
Jelly

Dinner
5 chicken thighs...
Rhubarb with Greek
Jelly

Gym
36 min treadmill (26 jogging)
20min weights

I'm glad you managed a PP day (cos I was a bit concerned that you leapt into a gala after my "legalising" your sushi meal lol!!). Remember now that the rest of the days this week are PV as on Cruise with plenty of protein and veg, PLUS the small wholemeal bread and low fat cheese allowance.

Ref rhubarb on PP - my understanding is (and this might have evolved so don't hesitate double checking and correcting me) that it's 50g only on PP and only advised if very constipated... if this has changed, let me know...

In any event, on Conso, I'd personally avoid rhubarb on my once a week PP

Back