Consolidation advice from Dukan

slimdreamer

I thought the below may be of interest to some here on the forum that are already in consolidation or approaching. It was posted on the Dukan forum and was given as advice to someone that wrote in because she was concerned about putting on a few kgs.

Sorry for the colour of the font, I copied and pasted from the site and I cannot see how to change it to black.

Therefore, make sure that you read everything fully and apply your instructions precisely To give you some reassurance, be aware that the further you get into this consolidation phase by getting further away from your slimming, the less vulnerable you will be to the risk of a backlash. As the days go by, your body will detect that the time of plundering it reserves has come to an end. And each day that goes by with its new foods will calm it and reassure it a little more. All the more reason to absolutely not upset everything by attempting, whether consciously or not, to lose weight, by cutting back on the consolidation foods. This would be the best way of opening up hostilities again, of putting your metabolism in a state of panic and of rebelling against this consolidation which we are so ardently pursuing.

did they offer advice on what to do if you've had a bad day i.e. ate something you shouldn't?

it's all well and good Dukan telling us to be good and eat what we're meant to but this is the real world where we're only human...

I eaten a couple of things today that would normally make me super strict the following day i.e. have a PP day, but the Dukan advice doesn't seem to encourage that....

:confused:

Last edited:
In Consolidation, it's important to stick to the plan as he says. A "bad day", as you say, CG with a few not normally ok ingredients, I'd count as your gala for that week.

In Conso, it is just as important as in Cruise (if not more so) to keep "real life" at bay - and I acknowledge how much easier it is in Cruise to do just that! ;)

<I know, I know!>

i'm really struggling in Conso, put on a kilo already but TOTM is looming...

and I swear I can hear those mince pies in the cupboard calling my name...:eek:

If you can bear to listen to "advice" from one who's never quite managed Conso herself(!), I'd advise to pre plan all your menus initially, as you did for Cruise, hence leaving nothing to chance. In Cruise, ketosis keeps our hunger at bay and so helps tremendously with temptations. In Conso, without that crutch, some of "us" wobble... if your meals are planned, and foods you're introducing placed in those menus, and you only eat what you say you will, it'll be plain sailing...

Have you read Anja's Conso thread? It has probably dropped back a few pages now but it's well worth a read.

Back