Consolidation and stabilization

LVLLM

Gold Member
Has anyone got their book handy to note down some of the extras we have in each of these less talked about phases?

i.e. extra food allowed, time of exercise, oatbran etc?

thanks

Stabilisation is 3 tablespoons of oatbran, one VERY STRICT - like attack - PP a week, and do whatever you can the rest of the week! (Really NOT a phase he goes into great detail on... on French websites I've frequented, most people end up doing something like "chrono nutrition"... or they start looking more closely at calories and "healthy eating" so as not to regain.

Consolidation - didn't we do this recently?
six days a week you PV.
six days a week you have 2 slices of (preferably baker's) wholemeal bread
six days a week you have 40g cheese
six days a week you have 1 piece of fruit (except banana, cherries, pineapple)

[either one or two* gala meals a week / either one or two* 200g cooked weight pasta/rice/couscous... with preference for pasta]

one day PP
2.5 tablespoons oatbran each day

* in book he says two... in official coaching French site he says first half of Consolidation do one, second half two.

Thanks Jo.
You are right about the book. it basically says eat ehat you want but one day PP each week and 3 tbsps oatbran.
What about exercise?

Which way is the wind blowing?!! (ie, on the website he put a lot more than in the book... I figure he realised that more exercise was required to keep svelte than he'd first thought!!).

I think it's a very individual thing... once in Stabilisation, you're back in the real world... and so the rules of "calories in / calories out" takes over.

However, if you count calories in Conso towards the end, you see that it's still rather "low calorie" over a week... so you can't suddenly shoot them up to "normal" eating in Stabilisation unless you're going to run a marathon each weekend...

I think ill still use my fitness pal TBH as its really helping me :D thanks again Jo xxx

Absolutely - those of us who've previously attempted Stabilisation have all reached the same conclusions... that you need to keep pretty vigilant on the old food and exercise front once eating "freely" again, else the old pounds soon find their way back.

I ate lunch today with my online friend who has managed to stabilise her weight... she seems to eat pretty "normally" (for her, at least, but admits to not having a big appetite...)

normally ...as in sandwich for lunch?

She likes beer. She loves McDo. She ate chips at lunchtime.

But, as she says, not EVERY day...

oooh and when you mentioned having "toast" for breakfast, methinks you might be a little disappointed if Dukan English version says 40g wholemeal bread only... cos it's a dinky amount, and not enough to stick in the toaster! you'd never get it out!

Another question perhaps for the official website? The French book says two slices of "pain complet" without any specifics. But then we were told (I think on the official site, but could have been through "whispers" onto the other site I use - where several paid his £100 to visit him in his office for 45 mins including presentations) to prefer baker's bread... and 40g only per day.

Did I tell you I walk past his office most mornings?! Yes I do wave... no I've never seen him else I'd ask ALL your questions!

slice of nimble is 22g :D
wow really? e should all come and bombard with eggs...i mean questions :D

But nimble isn't proper healthy wholemeal bread so not allowed... we've had this discussion before. You either "consolidate" or you don't, but the idea is to introduce GOOD carbs... like wholemeal bread... gently and slowly so that you don't gain a stone like me each time to glance sidewards at a bread roll! Consolidation isn't about calorie counting... and nimble is full of fresh air!

:p
bottom_wholemeal.jpg

cripes! another one for the website then, cos over here it's proper HEAVY "pain complet" which doesn't bear a passing resemblance to light and fluffy nimble!

can't beat decent bread - had a machine :) it set itself on fire (with a little help from me)....ooh scrumptious... knocks socks off supermarket carp...

even atkins diet has changed now to 'feed the masses' so to speak anyway.

Lots make their own bread over here once in Conso... and definitely in Stab...

I had a go once... in the country we have a log burner, so I left the bowl to prove near it overnight... the smell in the morning when I came down the stairs was to DIE FOR...

I remember Nimble from my days in England as being really disgusting! Maybe it's improved? But it used to be all soft and pappy! Definitely not the "introduction to carbs" we need, methinks...

Oh i might start making my own.

omg I'm having a craving aside from the gherkins (think I'm having a sympathy pregnancy for cheryl)... can't say what it is for as it's very VERY naughty! :(

Gherkins are ok... (in PV... "normal" quantity portion)

The "other" isn't... whatever it is!

I'm surprised that you (and I think it was Sarah too) are having cravings... normally in ketosis we don't? Did you eat enough at lunch?

Do you "dine" early? I'm always amazed at how early people eat their dinner/tea in England! (OK I know that diet books say not to eat after a certain silly early time, but some of us are at work late!)

Back