Constantly dizzy- back from the wilderness

I suffer with constant vertigo, my balance centre got damaged because of inflammation. I can really sympathise as I get drop attacks that come on suddenly and end up on the floor. I get no warning. I prayed that it was caused by my inner ear and very disappointed it wasn't. There is no treatment. For the most part I have got used to the milder attacks. But I hate feeling dizzy all the time. So I can totally relate to you.

Oh I feel for you hun :cry: I had full on vertigo for 3 1/2 years after my 1st brain surgery, It brought on a type of surgery induced menieres disease :( (dont know if thats what diagnosis they've given you?)its very distressing & scary - especially with the drop attacks you describe.

This latest Op ive had to totally remove my inner ear has thankfully stopped the 'spins' but my balance is shot at & I now suffer with oscillopsia (bouncy vision when I move) The surgeon couldnt give me any guarantees with this Op just how much balance I would get back as iv got some complications from the brain op....but the vertigo was too awful to live with :( So its a wait & see kind of thing now, possibly another 12 months.....and an awful lot of Physio & being sick :eek:

I have vertigo because I have brain lesions that block the signals from getting through to my balance centre. The lesions were caused by inflammation. My ears are actually healthy it's my brain that's the prob. I can't be treated for it as they still don't understand what causes the damage in the first place. I have had so many accidents it's unreal. I use a stick to help my valance. I'd it's really bad i use two. Its certainly very frustrating! I had physio but they made it worse! They tried medication but it gave me migraines. So am I'm limbo.

I get bouncy vision! I described it to my Gp and he didn't have a clue, thought it might be similar to nystagmus because I get that. Couple of times I got bad double vision. So then they thought I had brain stem involvement but turned out not to be the case. I find it hard getting them to listen sometimes. :(

I have vertigo because I have brain lesions that block the signals from getting through to my balance centre. The lesions were caused by inflammation. My ears are actually healthy it's my brain that's the prob. I can't be treated for it as they still don't understand what causes the damage in the first place. I have had so many accidents it's unreal. I use a stick to help my valance. I'd it's really bad i use two. Its certainly very frustrating! I had physio but they made it worse! They tried medication but it gave me migraines. So am I'm limbo.

Aww hun, its not good is it :( its definately frustrating when you have no balance. Hope they can get to the bottom of the problem for you & find a solution.

My physio is the pitts- it makes me hideously sick, but apparently its supposed to :confused: gradually as my brain learns the new signalsfrom the movements the sickness lessens so I can do some of them without throwing up ;) the problem Ive got at the moment is I had a 4 week break while we were on holiday- plus the week before because I couldnt get out in the snow, now my brainhas forgotten all the early stuff & we have to start again :sigh: Im getting better at standing in one spot unsupported now....but cant actually walk unaided yet, I think I'm still a fair way off losing the crutches - would be lovely to even get onto a stick for the summer :eek:

I get bouncy vision! I described it to my Gp and he didn't have a clue, thought it might be similar to nystagmus because I get that. Couple of times I got bad double vision. So then they thought I had brain stem involvement but turned out not to be the case. I find it hard getting them to listen sometimes. :(

Its very hard getting people to listen.....or to fully understand just HOW BAD it is :( GPs dont seem very clued up with this type of thing as its not 'the norm'

The bouncy vision...does it feel like every step you take your whole surroundings shake as you put your foot down each step? & if you're in a car it a lot worse the faster you go?

like someone is running while filming thru a video camera

google oscillopsia it might help you understand it a bit more x x

Yes it does feel like that! Sometimes patterns set me off, like cobbled pavements or even railings, if I look at them in the wrong way. The last bad one set off bad double vision. The GP was concerned but at at a loss. My Neuro said Its caused by inflammation but despite many many tests they can't get to the bottom of it. They 'think' it might be a auto immune disease and my GP thinks I will have to get worse before they can pin point the cause, which to be Frank for me is far too late. It affects my life. I got medically retired at 36 because I was unemployable under health and safety. I want to work so bad!!!! I had lots of accidents at work cos of the vertigo they medically retired me :( no one will employ me, soon as I mention the vertigo they don't want to know.

I hate it more than anything!

Yes it does feel like that! Sometimes patterns set me off, like cobbled pavements or even railings, if I look at them in the wrong way. The last bad one set off bad double vision. The GP was concerned but at at a loss. My Neuro said Its caused by inflammation but despite many many tests they can't get to the bottom of it. They 'think' it might be a auto immune disease and my GP thinks I will have to get worse before they can pin point the cause, which to be Frank for me is far too late. It affects my life. I got medically retired at 36 because I was unemployable under health and safety. I want to work so bad!!!! I had lots of accidents at work cos of the vertigo they medically retired me :( no one will employ me, soon as I mention the vertigo they don't want to know.

I hate it more than an.thing!

You sound like you're affected exactly like I am :rolleyes:!(except my spins have stopped since the destruction surgery) I cant even Iron stripey things lol.

How are you in supermarkets with the lighting & aisles etc? they are my big problem at the mo....especially when they are busy it makes my vision go worse with all the different stuff going on.

Im in the same boat as you there hun with the job thing :( I was 38. Its a real downer I know, I tried to go back to work but my employers made it soooo difficult for me they basically managed me out of my job. I had HR involved but they still medically retired me on health grounds.

Im having a green day today

brekkie activia yog 2x satsuma

lunch JP cottage cheese, tomato

tea Dyno Rod soup, 1 HEB worth of Ryvita & 1 HEA of mad cow lights, part frozen activia yog

HEA milk for teas this morn still have HEB to use so I will have a fibre plus nomnomnom

Syns ??? penguin wafer 4.5 (might even have 2) :p:eek:

OR

OH is bringing himself home a white uncut loaf to have with this soup (yep I know he's supposed to be following SW with me....but keeps deviating from the plan with the odd white loaf & extra syns all over the place :sigh:)
Anyway I might use some syns and weigh myself a slice of it for the soup- what do you reckon?

I reakon they are your syns and you can do what you like with them huni!!

I'd see what i fancied personally, if i wanted 2 wafers then id have those and if the bread took my fancy i'd have that! Or you could work out what one wafer and some bread are then you can have both :)

xx

I reakon they are your syns and you can do what you like with them huni!!

I'd see what i fancied personally, if i wanted 2 wafers then id have those and if the bread took my fancy i'd have that! Or you could work out what one wafer and some bread are then you can have both :)

xx

Oh noooo now I have even more decisions to make ha ha ha ha

Don't forget to syn butter....you can't have proper bread without proper butter!! xx

:sigh: now this is true :sigh: awww bugger
smiley-confused013.gif

28g of white bread is 3.5 syns so

*gets out calculator*
*finds one syn (28 divided by 3.5)*
* x's 1 syn by 8*

for 8 syns you can have 64g :) that doesnt seem tooooo bad!! if you think a w/m roll is 57g - decent amount for soup bread! xx

28g of white bread is 3.5 syns so

*gets out calculator*
*finds one syn (28 divided by 3.5)*
* x's 1 syn by 8*

for 8 syns you can have 64g :) that doesnt seem tooooo bad!! if you think a w/m roll is 57g - decent amount for soup bread! xx

Oooooh you are a clever little pesty :D:D x x x x x x x x

I agree with Kirsta -
Well done team !!!!

Back