Constantly dizzy- back from the wilderness

Dont worry about a few nortys when you feel poop hunny! We all go through it. When I had my Bells palsy I was on 60mg of steroids for 10 days and they made me so hungry I could have eaten my own arm! lol

So give yourself a break init!! xxx

Thanks hunni, I woke up at 4 this morning blimming starving :sigh: I just dont get why they make you soooo hungry ? :eek:

Bells Palsy....not nice :( I have to have botox treatment at hosp every 3 month for hemifacial spasms which give a similar appearance to palsy when Im in full spasm :cry: thats why I had the original brain surgery...to stop the spasms- but the op failed and messed everything else up with my balance :sigh:

Steroids are what got me here to start with! Bloody things.

But they make you better and that, CD, is what's important here

xxx

They are flipping awful things aint they :mad: Ive had them before when things have gone on my chest and I just know Im gonna bloat :sigh: BUT...like you say they do make you better!

Still feeling ropey, but I think the tabs are starting to get a grip on my bugs.

Im just feeling like a human waste disposal unit at the moment tho :sigh: Im eating something - and thinking about what I can have next :eek: (how bad is that:eek:)

Its not ALL rubbish that im eating...I am TRYING to be good, but I kind of start the day with good intentions and it goes 'tits up' when I have an uncontrolable urge that cant be satisfied with whats in front of me :eek: (hence the jam & toast)

I dont think I did toooo badly yesterday tho If I remember rightly this is what I ate through the day:-

2 alpen light

big dish of potato, peas, swede, carrot & 2 syn bisto gravy ( x 2 as I had it again for tea) lazy poorly girl meal :rolleyes: but was lush

1 fibre plus

2 satsumas

apple

plum

1 mullerlight

2 ww dessert recipe yog

1 choc option drink with milk

2 slice jam & toast (white bread :eek:)

today so far Ive had

bacon & tom in 1 slice wholemeal

2 muller yogs

If I can be bothered Im going to make some soup later, got a bag of cheats chopped soup veg from asda in the fridge so all I need to chop is some leeks & celery and open a few tins (can you tell I'm in a laaaaaazy mood)

Is it me or is it Realllllly cold today?? I think my Blankie has lost is special magic heating powers!:confused:

Right Im off to get a shower - who knows I may even get dressed today instead of just pyjamas :eek:

well yesterday went quite well, I grazed on free foods most of the day :) and OH defrosted & nuked some sw spag bol sauce and a big serving of pasta shells for tea,followed by a 3 satsumas to bump up the superfrees more

.....then about 9pm when I settled down to watch the re runs of outnumbered on GOLD I had an attack of the food fairies :eek: but it was the 'sweet tooth fairies' I had 3!!! ww dessert recipe yogs...didnt work. So I made a choc options drink and had 2 alpen light fudge things (this just just made things worse :sigh:) so I made another choc options drink & a jam sandwich in 2 slices of wholemeal from a large loaf :break_diet: Oh BUM :break_diet: then I decided to go to bed which is the furthest place from the fridge :rolleyes: I sometimes really hate this apartment with its open plan livingroom/kitchen setup :mad:

My OH is going to make sure he is home tonight in time to run me to class to WI and bring me straight home, I still feel pretty crap so dont want to go with my usual lift & stay, but I dont want to miss another weeks WI as I just know that its going to be the start of a slippery slope for me if I do (I know ive got a gain to face....with bruges, and now being poorly and on the steroids eating all manner of stupid things :eek:) but Im ready to face it and take it on the chin so I can try at least use the 'shock factor' as a kick up the bum to stop me carrying on the cycle of naughtyness :)

Want to place any bets on the gain over 2 1/2 weeks including the trip to bruges & the steroids? :rolleyes::eek:

Anyway from today I WILL BE GOOD !!!!!!! If you see any further sillyness appearing on my diary then please feel free to give me a good kicking ;)

My C once told me, that while steroids can make you crave rubbish, the tablets themselves do not force the food down your throat. She was right, but when you feel ill, you need to eat what makes your appetite. Your being quite sensible with what your eating, your trying to stick within plan, and believe me thats awesome.

My C once told me, that while steroids can make you crave rubbish, the tablets themselves do not force the food down your throat. She was right, but when you feel ill, you need to eat what makes your appetite. Your being quite sensible with what your eating, your trying to stick within plan, and believe me thats awesome.

Aww thanku Hunni :eek:

Right 2lb on last night :eek:
BUT that is over 2 1/2 weeks including the bruges trip (chocolate/cream/icecream waffles) beer :sigh:

BUT line drawn under it and im now going to be super dooper good from now (promise :D)

my plan for the week

Im going to try and drink more water (this has been rubbish this week)

eat melon.....this seems to work when I can be bothered prepping it

not eat jam & toast

soooooo watch this space :)

Im off now as I have to go to Pinderfields Hosp for a Brain Scan & to see my neurologist re my headaches again, really not looking forward to it but I cancelled when we had the bad weather so I really need to go to this one :sigh:

just back from the hosp, was an awful journey on the M62 with the wind ......no not from my bum with the Dyno Rod soup
smiley-fart005.gif

Ive had my scan, dunno what it said as they have to get someone to look at it and call me back for another appointment. My Neurologist Is giving me some Tryptans (sp?) now to try, as my migraines are reduced to just 2 a month with the other tabs they have me on so fingers crossed with a bit of trial and error they can find one that works and stops the remaining ones as they happen.

Food wise Ive had an ok day so far, not had anything silly :D

green day

B muller 2 satsumas teas & milk 1/2 HEA

1 alpenlight in the car 1/2 HEB

L big bowl of DynoRod soup, 2 ryvita 1/2 HEB 2 madcow light 1/2 HEA

T more DynoRod & some sw chips (going back to my school days here :rolleyes:.....soup & chips when I was feeling icky) part frozen strawb muller

HEB2 fibre plus

syns
2 choc option drinks 4
????????? maybe a penguin wafer 4.5

May have to edit this later :eek:

What on earth is dyno rod soup anyhow hun?

Here you go, I got this from MSE I get very err bunged up with my meds and this soup works wonders in that dept so I changed the name :D

The now re- named famous Dyno Rod soup
biggrin.gif
for its......clearing properties lol. Tastes like Heinz veg soup....tis very lovely!!

Speed food Soup (syn free on Green and EE)

1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils (or handful of dried)
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
1 each green, red and yellow peppers
2 vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)
Chop all vegetables. Put them and everything else into a large pan, cover with water, bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are soft (about 30 mins). Once cooked, the soup can be left chunky or blended smooth.

Had a really good on plan day yesterday - wooohooo !!! ....but i didnt drink enough water with being out all morning at hosp (excuses excuses :sigh:)

finished the day using only 6.5 syns :D
1 choc options drink & 1 penguin wafer :)

I am officially 1 day back on the wagon :bliss:

today has started on a good note too, Im feeling a little better (tho I still think I need to go back to the doc as I dont think my chest is quite right as it still hurts)

food wise im going EE

B 1 slice wm large loaf bacon & toms
milk HEA for teas

I will be back to update later as I havent decided what we are eating for the rest of the day yet

Oh hell yes it makes a mahooosive amount!! I have a huge stockpot that it fills to the brim. It freezes really well so no probs with that. I have to take Movicol because of my meds and sometimes cant 'go' for days - but eating Dyno Rod really does help (tho it does make me botty burp a lot ha ha) But the best bit is....because of all the speed foods in it it helps the weight loss aswell-bonus!

Hmmm. Just popped in to say hi - but it seems like not a very *delicate* place to be at the mo. TMI, methinks!

Anyway, hi all! Fortunately I'm not a sensitive little flower *guffaws at the very thought* so I'm ok with this conversation.

Silvermane, the other name for the soup is Billy No Mates - so it's well known for its *ahem* "effects" in many circles!

I love it - I make mine really spicy, and leave it chunky, and it's like a meal in itself. Though I can usually force something else down as well, but that's cos I'm a peedy grig.

I've just made a big pot of it this morning.
And a big pot of carrot & coriander soup.
And a big pot of leek & butter bean soup.

I've got some room in the freezer at the moment, for once, so I thought I could deal with it. But also I had the idea that, as a fundraiser for Nepal, I could offer people at work soup for lunch, as well as cakes at coffee time. So I thought I'd take some in this week as tasters. What d'you think? Good idea? Stupid idea?

Well, I'll try it. People can always say no.

Anyway, I'm off to do a bit more stalking around the place. Catch you later, no doubt.

Back