Constipation - help! (sorry lol)

Debs154

Trying again!!
Hi
I've been drinkink around 3 ltrs of water a day but haven't 'been' for 6 days! I took some senakot yesterday and still no success.
Has anyone got any tips?

Thanks

I add i tablespoon of wheat bran to my oatmeal every day and that works for me. For the immediate problem though a doctor recommended glycerin suppositories to me.

I suffer terribly with constipation on this diet, not sure why with the veg and water? I take 2 dulcolax for reliable overnight relief, I usually take them twice a week, I would suggest the first time you use them you take them on a night where the following morning you don't have to go anywhere, just so you can relax about 'going'. I have tried wheat bran and senna but no success these work brilliantly for me :sign0131:

I resort to Dulcolax Pico Perles (find them milder than the original ones in that they don't give me such bad stomach cramps). I too take them twice a week otherwise I get in trouble / agony (TMI!).

I had those pearly ones but I overdid it .

If you don't think there working don't take any more like I did :0/ was horrible !!!!!!

Personally I wouldn't have them
Again !! I had terrible tummy ache x

Last edited:
I resort to Dulcolax Pico Perles (find them milder than the original ones in that they don't give me such bad stomach cramps). I too take them twice a week otherwise I get in trouble / agony (TMI!).
Yes thats the ones, original Dulcolax can be a bit more 'effective' than you require:sick0019: and I would only ever advise 1 of those :D

I have wheatbran and seem to be ok, I would recommend that. Milk thistle is also really good and Fibrogel

Thanks everyone - the sena worked inthe end but might get some wheat bran.................and Dulcolax!

Can you take ANY laxtive?

I was looking and all of them had sucrose in which is sugar i think?? or glycerin which is also sugar? (i may be wrong)

was worried about it affecting ketosis?

munchbunch said:
I had those pearly ones but I overdid it .

If you don't think there working don't take any more like I did :0/ was horrible !!!!!!

Personally I wouldn't have them
Again !! I had terrible tummy ache x

I used the Dulcolax Pico Perles for the first time on Tuesday night. I took 4 when probably I shouldn't have. I was awoken at 6am with excruciating stomach pains and nausea. My legs went like jelly and I nearly collapsed I felt that bad! I had to get someone to help me down the stairs. I am never taking 4 again even though it says 2-4 on the pack. I have just taken 2 to help me go tomorrow and I pray that 2 wont make me feel like death again lol. If they do it will be the last time I take Dulcolax.

The weird thing is, although I took 4 and was in so much pain I still didn't have much of a number 2.

MummyPigsBigTummy said:
Can you take ANY laxtive?

I was looking and all of them had sucrose in which is sugar i think?? or glycerin which is also sugar? (i may be wrong)

was worried about it affecting ketosis?

I was wondering the same thing. I noticed the next day I felt very weak and very hungry, hunger that wasn't in my head... I honestly thought I had been knocked out of ketosis but it might have been because I took too many and it just took it out of me.

Luv2BSlim said:
I used the Dulcolax Pico Perles for the first time on Tuesday night. I took 4 when probably I shouldn't have. I was awoken at 6am with excruciating stomach pains and nausea. My legs went like jelly and I nearly collapsed I felt that bad! I had to get someone to help me down the stairs. I am never taking 4 again even though it says 2-4 on the pack. I have just taken 2 to help me go tomorrow and I pray that 2 wont make me feel like death again lol. If they do it will be the last time I take Dulcolax.

The weird thing is, although I took 4 and was in so much pain I still didn't have much of a number 2.

I have to say , I'd defo never take them
Again !!! I felt exactly the same as you except it was like turning the tap on and I was in agony
(Sorry of tmi)

munchbunch said:
I have to say , I'd defo never take them
Again !!! I felt exactly the same as you except it was like turning the tap on and I was in agony (Sorry of tmi)

I was quite worried taking them again but hoping having just 2 won't cause me to feel like I did Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday I was a bit silly, I took 2 initially then 3 hours later took 2 more because I convinced myself they wouldn't work like other laxatives haven't for me... Eek!

That's exactly what I did !! Lol

Typical us inpatient lol , fingers crossed 2 should be ok x

Oh I definitely wouldn't suggest taking 4 to start off with. Try 2, then 3 if that doesn't have the desired result and then 4 if you absolutely need to.

Plus they can take 12 hours to work so don't take more thinking that nothing has happened for at least 24 hours!

4 oh my no wonder you were in agony, 2 should be more than enough :)

bajoleth said:
4 oh my no wonder you were in agony, 2 should be more than enough :)

Learnt my lesson , was a while ago when I was on lipotrim luckily I havnt needed anything like this yet on here x

Back