Conventional woman i am not,but i will find a weight loss plan that suits my needs !!

Woohoo roch :D

Absolutley fantastic news about the counselling. tis great that it's one to one too.

Don't let anything get in the way of your appointments, they are 'your time' :p

Chuffed to hear you sounding soo positive, how about if you make a list of all the reasons why you want to loose weight, and all the embassasing moments, so you know you're not going back there??? Be worth a try...

All the best for tomorrow, you can do it girlie :D

love
geri
x

Hello Roch,

Well done:)

Big hugs for taking the first step to the new you.

I have recently been finding it very difficult to stick to my LL plan.
I decided to look back at why I had started this journey, and what I really wanted from it, and it was just the business to set me right. I wrote everything down. I instantly felt positive again.
I have kept a diary of many things which I beleive hindered my success at losing weight, and I am determined never to allow "negative" opinions and thoughts to lead me in the wrong direction again.
Dealing with our fear and pain is the key to our freedom.
I have drawn a lot of inspiration from the advice on this site. The care which everyone gives to each other is absolutely priceless. We are all behind you 100%

Lyn
x

Hi wobbly,thanx for your message,i know i have so many good reason to be slim and helathy and not 27 stone but i cant help beng so worried about failing as it seems to be my middle name over the past 5 years or so and i always seem to let my chatterbox rule me and to tell u the truth i am scared as i dont know if i will manage to ever get to goal weight.I know i have to take it day by day but i cant help being scared as i feel if i fall off the wagon this time i really dont feel i have the strength to get back on again.

Barb i get what u r saying and i would luv 2 think about being normal but there is a long road ahead of me till i get there and i know there will be many obstacles in front of me i just hope i dont fall down at the first obstacle.

Hey geri,how u doing girl,long time !!
If i think all the lists i have made about the positive things concerning losing weight i could fill a book but that does still not stop me eating when i cant cope with emotional probs,hopefully my sessions with the therapists will help me banish alot of demons and acknowledge the woman i am.

Hi Lyn,u r soooo righ by saying"dealing with our fear and pain is the key to our freedom" and thats why i must deal with things from my childhood which i believe lead me to emotional eat for comfort right after my mum died when i was 8 yrs old and from that time on i was put on a constant diet untill i left home at 17,as well as other issues from my childhood i need to deal with these memeories and put them to rest so i can sucsessfully change my life and be free.

Thanks to all of u for all your messages am looking forward to starting tommorow,sorry if i sound a bit down but when u have failed so many times it seems hard to believe in yourself.

Well i have sat here the past hour and read all the posts on this thread and suddenly realised to myself how i am sounding and to me i am sounding negative and i know those kind of negative vibes are not going to help me,so from ow on i am going to try and forget thinking about negative things and just concentrate on being positive.

I know i have a long journey ahead of me and i hope to get to goal weight by dec 31st 07 which is 15 months away and i want to lose approx 16 stone which works out approx a stone a month which is what they say we r expected to lose whilst ssing.
I am also going to take this journey of mine as learnng experience and keep a diary as i go along and hopefully day by day feel stronger and more motivated to get to goal.
The longest i have managed to ss b4 has been 17 days so for my first mini goal i am not going to set a weight i want to reach but instead to manage to ss for 20 days as that will be 3 days over what i have ever been able to achieve in the past.
So it is now 11.42 pm on Saturday 9th September and as if now i am officially ssing,small steps and posiitve vibes are going to be my motto from now on and no more negativity.

Goodnight,take care and sleep well xxx

It's nice to hear you being positive - good luck today. Keep posting through these rough first days. Aim for that day 20!!!

Good luck and Take care. xx

Hey geri,how u doing girl,long time !!
If i think all the lists i have made about the positive things concerning losing weight i could fill a book but that does still not stop me eating when i cant cope with emotional probs,hopefully my sessions with the therapists will help me banish alot of demons and acknowledge the woman i am.
write a book then Roch - nothing is imposible!! :D

I'm doing fine, day 5 for me today, which could be a problem if I let it be, but I won't!! coz I didnt get passed day 5 the last time!

All the best for today, ride out the first few days and you'll soon be flying along :p

I Like Geri's idea - why not keep a journal that could become a book? After all your journey is going to be a real experience and you could inspire thousands of people with your progress and your ultimate success. I really think you should do it Roch, go on! Love

Love the positive attitude Roch. Do do your journal. It'll be great to look back on and give you something to focus on when you're tempted :)

Morning Helen,thanks for the message,possitivity is going to be my middle name from now on LOL x

U go Geri day 5,come on goal you will be at target by christmas u can do this make newyears 06 the last year u will be overweight,u have done so well so far !!
As much as i am going to be positive,me wriitng a book i really think that i could not achieve but i am going to keep a journal. xx

Morning Barb,how u doing,a journal i can do but even if it was good i dont hink i would ever let it be public.I was discussing a subject like this with my friend the other week and she asked me would i let the papers or any other media do an article on me wwhen i get to goal as i would of lost 16/17 stone and hopefully in 15 months starting today and i said i dont think i woukd like my pic splashed over any article telling anyone how much i used to weigh even though i got to goal.

Morning Karion,how u hun,yes a journal i am going to keep and u r right hopefully when times r hard i will read it to reming me how far i have come.

Most of my friends don't know about my mine.

They do now :D

i said i dont think i woukd like my pic splashed over any article telling anyone how much i used to weigh even though i got to goal.

I feel like that. With me it's a pride thing:eek: So mad with myself for getting so overweight in the first place. Don't want to broadcast it to the general public.

Stick with it Roch. I feel fantastic. I can't imagine how much better you will feel each stone (especially as you get down to the last few). It'll be amazing.

You could always write it as a 'ghost' writer, without needing to be identified. Pictures etc would not be necessary it would be your words that would inspire others. I really think it could become a project for you that could even lead to you making some money, which you are going to need for all your new clothes and those special holidays with Aaron! Love

Morning of day 1 and this time it is going to hopefully be the last day 1 for me on ssing.
As u might have noticed i took off my weight tracker off my signature as it was no longer valid,as i have gained most of the weight back on that i lost,although i know tha quite a bit of it is water retention so says the doc.

Anyway today is a fresh start for me .Sep 10th 2006 is now my first and only official day 1 all the other day 1`s are no longer valid or important to me.
Woke up with a stinking headache so just took some painkillers am sure it has got to do with not sleeping well,but headache will soon ease up.
TOTM will be here any day now most prob tonight,it started then dissapeared,hope it stays away LOL.
Have not told anyone of my friends that i am ssing not even my son as i want to do a week then tell my best friend but i am sick and tired of telling everyone i am restarting then for what ever reason day 2 never arrives,that scenario is out of the window for me for good.
Over the last few years since i have allowed myself to become a prisoner in my own body and home and i have not had a life outside my home,so i am looking forward to all that changing,becuase my very low self confidence i got to a stage in my life where i felt people just took liberties out of me,and there were plenty of them and i allowed it,and that is the first thing i am going to change from now on.

From today onwards i am going to learn to say no to people as i always do things that i dont want to do,my son is the only one that i say no to,and from now on i am going to stand my ground.

I used to be a very social person and knew lots of people but all that has changed and now i just have a few close friends.
My mum died when i was 8 then my grandparents addopted me and my brother and they are now both dead and although i have many cousins and my family i dont have a close relationship they are religious snobby jews and they dont approve of of me not being religious no more and especially having my beautiful son and not being married.
So when it comes to family and support i am very much on my own and have been for the last 20 yrs or so.
I was always told that the choices i made in my life were bad choices,becuase i decided to come away from my religion and i can put my hand on my heart and say that if i had a choice to turn back time 20 yrs ago the only thing i would of changed was to tackle my weight issues alot more seriously and not allowed myself to get to practically 28 stone and be a recluse so i could of given my son a better life.

Finding this site was a god send to me and the support and care that i have been shown is amazing and when i feel down or alone and i come on here and post 9/10 times my spirits are lifted.

Well as i said today is a fresh start for me emotionally and phyisically and when i weighed myself i weighed 27.4 so that is my starting weight and i am only 5.4 in height so my bmi is off the scale and i fall in the class of super morbidly obese,but thats cool as that is a class i am only going to be in for a few months and by jan 1st i know i will be morbidly obese and i look forward to that day.

So im off to get on with some things,and this is my first post on my first day to my new life !!!!

Okay Roch. Think now. What are you going to do differently this time? This is important. Once that initial enthusiasm has gone, what is going to keep you going?

You’re starting again with the diet, so hopefully you feel fired up, willpower is on tap and you are ready to go, but I find that willpower is only on a short term lease. It’ll keep you going for a while, and then it all seems to fizzle out. The obstacles stay though and you have nothing left to fight them with.

My plan was to move the obstacles so that I wouldn’t need to test my resolve too often. I know what I’m like. I usually know the things that make me eat, and once I’m at that point, no end of reading lists….have bath, read book, etc, will work. If I am at the point of wanting to eat, I will eat. So I had to make sure that I didn’t reach that point in the first place. I had to anticipate the hurdles. I knew I could completely blow the diet in such a small window of time, so I had to rearrange my day to make sure that window wasn’t there. I planned it ahead.

I knew that with one bunch of friends, I could stay strong, and with another bunch, I couldn’t, so the ‘other bunch’ just had to wait for me to finish the job. Okay, it was putting my life on hold, but in the grand scale of things, it wasn’t going to be for long, I just wanted this too much and I am not strong enough to fall off the wagon for an hour or so.

I also know that I get bored very easily. I can rarely watch a whole programme from beginning to end, my concentration span is just way too short. So I’d start to watch something that I was really looking forward to, and within 15 minutes I’d be thinking about food. It was no good waiting until this happened, because once I was there, I just couldn’t fight it, so I had to plan everything in advance in my head.

There is usually a fair amount of food hanging around the place as I live with 3 ‘men’, so I had to keep it pretty much out of sight. If they left things out (which they often did), I put it away before I had the temptation. Generally speaking, I didn’t consider food an option to have to think about. It wasn’t a case of ‘I really shouldn’t eat that’, but ‘its not mine to eat’.

Some obstacles I couldn’t move, but I needed to get my emotions and environment in the best possible place so I could move forward when my willpower had gone.

The lack of willpower showed itself in many different guises. For me, it meant eating, but it was also that little voice in my head that said

"It’s only for tonight, I’ll start again tomorrow....It’ll only be water weight, it’ll soon come off...I’ve done so well, I deserve a treat or 5. etc etc.

I found that when I had these thoughts, I needed to ask myself what answers I would have given right at the beginning of the diet, because that was when I was really reading the right map. I just forgot to read those instructions sometimes during the journey. I get easily confused
biggrin.gif

We also have different resources and talents so we all need to work out different strategies to suit us, but work them out we must. The diet won’t do that for us. Finding the right strategy takes time but unfortunately we often quit when the strategy isn’t apparent straight away. Problem comes when we don’t change what didn’t work the first time and then wonder what is up with us, and why on earth are we failing yet again.

I'm sorry...long post, but this is really important

So, what is your plan. How will you make this different?

Last edited:
Hi Roch,

I love your positivity, you sound like you are getting your head right and your body will follow. Have you read The secret diary of a reformed dieter by A J Rochester? It is the diary of an Australian girl who lost 55kg. Its funny and easy to read. She also consulted with a psychologist and it really helped her. She is now presenting Australias Biggest Loser.
Im looking forward to reading about your progress.

All the best.

Thanks Andi i will check out the book,what plan are u on x

Karion thanks for the post it was not 2 long but really made me think,read your post twice and really took it in.
SO WHAT IS MY PLAN !!!
Well to be honest i dont know what my plan is but i do know that i am going to take each day as it comes and be proud of myself for each day i achieve ssing.
When it comes to obstacles i have many of them and because i dont work i am at home 7 days a week and only go out when really needed,but what i am going to try and do is make an effort to try and go for a little walk even just 5 mins each day to get myself out of my flat.
I am going to keep a journal and note down how i feel about certain situations and how i coped with certain emotions without turning to food.
And most important if i feel like i am going to eat i am going to remind myself the reasons why i am ssing and the main reason is that i love my son so much that i have to do this to ensure that i am around to see him grow up and to make up for all the years that i was not able to do things with him because i was super morbidly obese.

That is really all i can say towards any plan that i might have. Is this attempt going to be any different from all the other attempts,the answer is deep down i dont know but i can say i will try my very hardest becuase i want to live !!!

Hi Roch, I am glad that your head is back in the right place and I wish you very well with your continuing journey.

I think Karion's post is amazing, there is so much good advice in there!

I hope that once you start seeing amazing losses again, you will be motivated to continue (like I am).

Keep updating your diary here regularly and I find that if I am even contemplating eating coming on here distracts me long enough for it to pass. The times I fall into trouble is when I don't come on here either for support or to just mooch and read!

Masses and masses of positive vibes coming your way!

Back