Conventional woman i am not,but i will find a weight loss plan that suits my needs !!

Thanks everyone for your messages but i am just going to take some time out as i feel sooo upset.
The damage is done,like i said in the first posts that i understand where they r coming from and the reasons they are giving for me not ssing and i am fine with that decision,i understand that it is to protect my health,but should i not of been their first port of call b4 they contacted my cdc, considering they got that info off my diary thread,.

Over the last month or so i have put some very private info on my diary thread and also about my health probs and it was not easy for me to open up and express my feelings and i feel hurt and need some time out to sort things out.
So thanks again and take care x

Please, please, please don't take time out. Please.

You were so positive and doing so well, don't let this obstacle make you turn back. Jump over it this time. Do a higher version of CD until it gets sorted.

The damage isn't done and by giving up, you are cutting off your nose despite your face.

If you stay on track (even if it is a higher cal allowance), won't you be proud of yourself? You would have conquered this and won.

What are you chosing? What do you gain from giving up?

Hi everyone,Well just wanted to say that i have sorted out the misunderstanding.
Well i spoke to a cdc a week or so ago and was told that becuase of low blood sugars cant ss but becuase it was only a tempoary problem and i thought because that it was only tempoary that i was ok to ss,but i was wrong and it can be very harmfull to me big time.
So my cdc was one of her team so she had to inform him as it could be very dangerous to me.
I will have a letter to take to my gp to see if she aggree to monitor me closely.
So will just do a low GI diet till then.
Sorry if this post has upset anyone,or caused any friction on the site as i value this site so much and i did not mean for that to happen but jsut felt so emotional.
So i spoke on the phone just now to the cdc and i understand why she was worried.
Still need some time out,so chat soon and thanks xx

Thanks Cheb u always post such nice caring messages x

Morning well have hardly slept last night and i decided that i would come on today to say i will be offline for some time.
I must admit that yesterday really hit me hard and getting to day 4 then binged i ate 4 packs of crisps,i chip sandwich and houmous and pitta bread then felt very sick,angry and frustrated.

I am so sorry again if i sparked off any bad feeling here on the site and i never meant to but i did feel very upset when i posted my initial posts last night.

I value this site so much and it has been my lifeline and helped me in so many ways and i feel like i was wrong to post last night because i did not want to cause any atmosphere,but it came as a serious shock to me when i got the phone call.

So i am taking some time out and will not be around for some time,but i wonr be giving up at all am going to low gi for the moment.
Hope u all have good weekend,thanks for all the support that u all have shown me,take care.

Last edited:
Just spoke to my cdc Noah,and told him that till christmas i am going to low gi instead and then if by christmas i have not had any probs with my blood sugars then i will ss again,he was very supportive and said that if there is anything he can do to help me for me to just call him,he is a decent guy and good cdc.

I am feeling a bit low but i will not allow myself to get any lower just sort out how i feel and start low gi diet in the morning.Am off to tesco to buy the Low Gi book and get the necessary shopping.
When u have set your mnd to do something and feel so positive about what u r doing its very hard when u feel u have failed and are back to square 1 again.
I felt this time i really was in the right frame of mind and could ss and was trying so hard and felt like it was the only way for me and it was such a shock to me 2 be told i cant ss for the moment.

Hi Roch,

Can you not do one of the other CD plans. Sorry if it's already been suggested.

Hope you have a good day whatever you decide.

Love Steffi x

We are your friends. So it was only right that you talk to us when you are angry. Don't feel bad about it. We all want you to succeed. Keep it touch.
Irene xx

Thanks Stefi for the sugestion but i have decided to just low gi for the moment,how r u doing.

Irene u always post such caring messages its nice 2 know that people care.

Well tonight at sunset is the start of the Jewish new year,it is a very special time in the jewish year and it is a time to remember your family and friends who are no longer with u,a very spiritual time and although i am not religious today is a specail day for me.

Like i said in my earlier post that i was going to take some time away as i felt bad about posting such an angry post,but since then i have had a lovely email from Mini and i have decided that staying away will not benefit me at all infact the opposite just send me back in to my shell and get withdrawn and depressed again.

So as today is meant to be a fresh start to the year i am going to try and make it a healthy and productive year for me and Aaron.

So i wish u all a happy and healthy new year xxx

Thanks Stefi for the sugestion but i have decided to just low gi for the moment,how r u doing.

Irene u always post such caring messages its nice 2 know that people care.

Well tonight at sunset is the start of the Jewish new year,it is a very special time in the jewish year and it is a time to remember your family and friends who are no longer with u,a very spiritual time and although i am not religious today is a specail day for me.

Like i said in my earlier post that i was going to take some time away as i felt bad about posting such an angry post,but since then i have had a lovely email from Mini and i have decided that staying away will not benefit me at all infact the opposite just send me back in to my shell and get withdrawn and depressed again.

So as today is meant to be a fresh start to the year i am going to try and make it a healthy and productive year for me and Aaron.

So i wish u all a happy and healthy new year xxx

Amen to that darling! And so glad you're staying around. Minimins just wouldn't be the same without you :)

Lots of love!

Hi Roch,
Hope you do really well on the GI diet....Also a happy new year to you and your son. I used to work for a large jewish wedding chain who are still in North London so know what today is all about.

I am doing really thanks....day 5 today but I have to keep at it don't I or I won't be able to get into my beachware in 7 wks time....

Love Steffi X

Happy new year to you Roch.
So glad you are not going off to suffer alone, that only makes things worse. I think you are doing the right thing by finding a plan that will work for you that includes food. Your health is the most important thing and youll still have good losses. What ever you decide makesure its something you feel you can stick to. The GI sounds good, a plan for life. I wish you success with whatever you choose.

Hi Roch

So pleased that you are sticking with us, reckon you need 'company' at this time more than ever as you've just had to face up to more disappointment on your weight loss journey. We want to support you whether you're dieting or not and by whichever method.

Plus of course you seem to always be around with kind words and thoughts when we need you, so please don't disappear!

Keep your chin up.

Thanks Cheb your kind caring posts 2 me always put a smile on my face xx

Well as it is today officially the first day of the jewish new year(it came in last night) i have done some serious thinking and made some new plans.

So i am not able to ss for the momment,so its not the end of the world,i have lost weight on other diets.
I have always been the kind of women who wants things now and not later and that is something in my life i have decided i seriously need to work on and i am doing my best to drum it in my head that "slower is better 4 me and and i will reach my goal but by taking smaller steps".

I will be 40 on April 18th 2008 and i want to get down to a size 14 by then,which is 19 months away and if i can lose on average 11 pound a month i will be at goal,so its foing to take me 6 months more that ssing,its not the end of the world,might even be a posiitve thing as i know i will need a tummy tuck(a big one) and a boob job as i dont want to be left with chicken fillets LOL but hopefully my legs will not need surgery if i do it slower and also i will have more time to save for my surgerys,so thats me being more positive.

I am going to start Low GI diet on monday and also keep a food diary so i can see if i am going wrong anywhere.
I have also decided to take away the pressure of the scales and just once a month take new pics of me and compare the difference and also the size of my clothes.
I took 2 new pics yesterday one front view and the other side view and it shocked me to see the side view looked like i was ready to drop a baby,even my friend who is 6 months pregnant her belly does not look as big as mine, that serioulsy disgusts me.

I need to focus on me and changing so many things emotionally learning to love myself and gaining self confidence and achieveing new goals in my life and these are the way forward for me for the start of the jewish new year.

Last night i lit a candle and said prayers for my beautiful mother who died when i was 8 and for my grandparents who addopted me and my brother and my beautiful baby niece who died just a few hours old and a few other people who are all now at peace but all played a very important part in my life and who for ever live on in my heart.

I also thank god for giving me my beautiful son Aaron who has helped me through some very difficult times and has been my reason to live.
As u all know 14 yr old teenagers can be trying at the best of times but sometimes i feel like if it was not for him then i would of given up on so many occasions he has helped me through so much really more than a teenager should and i want to be a slim mum for him as well as me.

So small steps and scenic routes are the only way for me at the momment.

Well my bedroom looks like a hurricane has hit it,got papers every where and also half of boots toiletries on my bed trying to sort them all out and put them back neatly.
So hope u all have a good day,take care xxxx

Roch, scenic is good because you are learning all the way and developing new habits that will stop you putting the weight back on. I am being very slow, 20lbs in 11 weeks but the thing is I am 20lbs less than I was and I am so happy about that. OK, if I'd done CD I could maybe be 3 stone or more less but I didn't and it doesn't matter. The destination is the important bit not the time it takes to get there and as soon as the weight begins to drop you feel better. I cannot believe that I am still swimming everyday,but I am, if you want something badly enough you will get it. Love

Roch sent me 2 pictures of her self this morning. I have to admit when I opened the first picture (the current), I was stunned. You are a really beautiful looking lady.

When I opened the future you, the one you will look like when you will reach that size 12, i was even more shocked!!

Here are the beautiful pictures of roch current/future:

roch_side.jpg

OMG roch, you are one hell of a stunner, love the way you have done those photos, I hope that it helps you in your journey, I know what you mean about all or nothing, Im very much the same, but, you will still get it all, just the scenic way like you said.

Wow, you must get all the blokes chasing you now, never mind when you get to your goal!!!!

Back