Cookie's CD Diary

keep going cookie. and i agree, its stupid to weigh veg on a spoon. whoever invented that piece of bonkersness!!!??

Isn't it ridiculous!

Well Ive had a strange weekend. Nibbled a miniscule corner of a cookie yesterday then felt guilty for ages. Then went to a party at work. My husband asked the chef if he could put some dry chicken aside for me while the others all had stroganoff (cant spell). So I got all excited about eating with other people, then he forgot to do it and pretended he had never said it!! So, out comes the tetra. Oh and a munch on a mushroom dipped in a sauce. Then checked my ketostix when I got home, and it told me I wasn't in ketosis! How much, or little can I have to knock me out?!

Anyway, had to come home from the party early from a call from the sitter saying Eva was screaming in agony. We were both up ALL night with her... ear infection. She hasnt had one before. My word. So much pain. So today has been tiring!

Checked again this morning and the dial thing said I am still in ketosis so have no idea.
Went to friends for Sunday lunch tho, armed with my 120g packet of chicken and half a courgette. Ate some carrots tho and now am worried about that as they are not on my list to have. Do you think Ill come out of ketosis from some carrrots? Maybe I havent quite understood all this. No idea. Anyway, was nice to at least eat something with my friends, even if it wasnt the beef, yorkshires, roasted veg and crumble.... xx

Hi Cookie, how are you doing? Sorry I've been so scarce lately. My broadband is STILL playing up! :mad: Anyway, I'm back at work now and on day 2 of my CD restart. So far so good.
How are you getting on after your last post?
Look forward to catching up with you.
Have a good weekend. :)

Hello all and hello Tess - good to hear you are back on track! I really dont know how you do nights you know! Take my hat off to you!

Well, all week I have been in between SS+ and 810. My CDC said I was having a little too much chicken, but I dont really see the problem, so I carried on! Have been very good - 3 CD meals during the day and my small chicken/prawn/fish protein, with small amount of veg. Saturday was my first take away! Dad's birthday so I had to help him celebrate! I had 4 bits of chicken tikka, scoop of mushroom bhaji and lettuce. Probably slightly more than I should have but hey. Stomach going MAD after I eat food tho! Really odd. BUT, I do keep nibbling which is not good. Not much, just when testing my daughters meals to see if they have cooled, so I guess its not bad. Still dropping weight tho so thats cool. My next weigh in is tomorrow, only 5 days again this week. We shall see! I bet its about a pound. Im not that bothered if I dont lose the last few pounds really but I guess I should. I found my old size 12 jeans and trousers and can JUST about fit into them! I am so pleased with myself, so pleased that people now address me as 'skinny' (haha!) and can even go out wearing my lycra jogging bottoms and a t shirt!!!

Have really reduced my water intake tho especially when I am not at work. Need to step that up. Makes such a difference to me feeling hungry or not. Still look forward to my sparkling in the evening tho! Sad!
Best go and search for some houses - we accepted an offer on our house so need to find one to move to! Stress!
Hope youre all doing well. Spolly where are you!?
xx

Hi Cookie, nice to hear from you again. I don't know how I do nights sometimes either, to be honest! ;)
It sounds like you're doing amazingly well as you only have those last few pounds to lose! Wow that's brilliant. Chat soon. x

Hello! Hope you have all had a positive week!
Ive been shattered this week - my own fault. Went to see Guns n Roses on Wednesday and didnt get in until 2, then my daughter woke up for another hour!
Been having my 3 shakes and one small meal in the evenings. Done quite well I think, not been hungry at all in the day. Love the fact I can eat loads of prawns!! Had trouble when i went to the o2 tho - didnt bring a tetra with me so had to eat something. The choices were not great - burgers etc. So I found a chinese fast food place and had veg stir fry. Only trouble was that the box was mostly rice and a stupid amount of veg on the top. It was the best of a bad bunch. Didnt eat the rice, only ate the veg. Spent rest of the night with terrible wind and indigestion.
I am finding that this happens quite alot now I am eating. I go to bed with tummy ache. I am a bit worried that I wont be able to eat properly ever again!!Which I doubt, but hey. Its making me not want to eat at all, would rather have my peanut bar!!! I was supposed to meet my friends last night at the chinese restaurant, but cancelled as I didnt want stomach ache again!
People are commenting on the weight loss so much its wonderful. Getting a bit embarrassing sometimes tho. Two people at work have started it as I have inspired them! Its making me carry on and be good - love seeing the scales go down. BUT...people keep saying when am I going to stop, and it keeps popping into my head that I dont want to yet. Does anyone else feel like that?! Im nearing goal, but think I can go further, despite the fact that I probably shouldn't. I feel so rubbish when I do eat, that I would rather not. And thats not good. Oh well, I will speak to my CDC on monday. Cant really live off peanut bars forever. I think I'd be ok having breakfast too next week, but cant be bothered with lunch so might just have my bars.

Sorry. Am rambling now. Ill shut up and go to bed with my indigestion.
Hope youre all ok
xx

Hi Cookie, how are you? From your previous post it seems you're doing really well. How was the show at the O2? That's really great that people are starting to notice your weightloss and that it's keeping you on track. Only you will know when you've lost enough weight, I think. You basically need to decide when you feel comfortable at a certain weight.
I'm aiming for 10st, but if I get there and I want to lose a bit more I will.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Take care. x

new to c.d

hey all....
i have started the cambridge diet today...so far so good. i just hope tht im able to lose some weight in my first week like every1 else. i would be so dissapointed in my scales show zero loss at the end of the week.

Hiya, welcome to the boards! As long as you stick to CD 100%, you will definitely lose weight. Good luck. :)

hey all....
i have started the cambridge diet today...so far so good. i just hope tht im able to lose some weight in my first week like every1 else. i would be so dissapointed in my scales show zero loss at the end of the week.

Hello - yes Tess is right - if you are 100% then it will drop off! Especially the first week. Good luck!

Thanks Tess - yes it is good with everyone noticing. I am 2 pounds off what I wanted to be at - but still half of me wants to keep going and doesnt want to start to eat properly, which is odd after all this time. Its got into a habit now. The other half of me knows I can eat a bit, and has started to pick the wrong things. If I am given an inch I take a mile - I knew I would thats why I wanted to have no choice of eating at all. My CDC told me yesterday that I must move up to 1000 on monday as I am going on holiday to Salzburg but may have to come back down when I get home if I put on. Hoping I dont. It could go either way. Anyway, best go and eat my omelette as am starving!

x

Thanks Tess - yes it is good with everyone noticing. I am 2 pounds off what I wanted to be at - but still half of me wants to keep going and doesnt want to start to eat properly, which is odd after all this time. Its got into a habit now. The other half of me knows I can eat a bit, and has started to pick the wrong things. If I am given an inch I take a mile - I knew I would thats why I wanted to have no choice of eating at all. My CDC told me yesterday that I must move up to 1000 on monday as I am going on holiday to Salzburg but may have to come back down when I get home if I put on. Hoping I dont. It could go either way. Anyway, best go and eat my omelette as am starving!

x
Hi Cookie, you are doing so well, Hon. It will take time to reintroduce food. I am also a bit apprehensive when it comes to it, but I still have a long time to go before I reach my goal. I hope you have a lovely holiday, and don't stress too much. Remember, if you do put on a little bit of weight, you have the tools to take it off again very quickly. When are you going, Hon?
Anyway, chat soon. x

Hey - were off on monday early. I guess it wont be so hard to lose a bit if I put it on. Hope I dont. Really feeling for you - made me sad to read your post. Hope youre ok. Big hugx

Thanks Hon, you're a good friend. I hope you have a wonderful time and don't worry about anything. (any room for me in the suitcase?;))
I'm sure I'll chat to you before then, though. Have a good evening. x

:missing: Cookie! Come out, come out...wherever you are!

Are you ok, Hon????????
Hugz. x

Hello all,

Ive missed writing on here! I have been in Salzburg for a week - absolutely fantastic to get away with my husband and daughter. It is so beautiful at this time of year.
BUT
Even though I stepped up to 1000 cal on Sunday last week, and even tho I took 2 sachets with me each day... I totally came off CD for the whole time and ate 3 meals a day. Ooooooops.
Before I left I weighed myself and actually was 3 pounds lighter than my goal of 11stone 7. I had loads for breakfast, but limited myself to one piece of toast, had boiled egg, fruit, yoghurt every day, then a tiny lunch then chicken salad EVERY night (covered in dressings). Plus the cake in the hotel was free everyday so HAD to have one a day..
Only put on 2 lbs tho, so was still under goal! So was pleasantly surprised.
But have moved myself down to 810 again since we got home as I now have changed my goal to see if I can get in to the 10 stones. Its a real challenge, I know I need to stop, but I dont want to!
Went out for a pub lunch today, had my chicken salad, but then munched on more cake when I got home, so not having anything other than my sparlkly water for tea. Oh well, I think I'm obsessed now.

Tomorrow we have more people coming to view the house - Im still on half term so my day will be spent clearing up toys and cleaning the mess that is my house. SO need to sell it and get somewhere bigger!!

Hope to hear from you all - let me know how youre doing.
Cookiexx

aw cookie!! you are doing marvellous girl.

Well I just cant do it. I have 3 sachets/bars, then an omelette. I think hooray Ive done a day being on 810, then eat a blasted cookie that my daughter brought home from a birthday party. So now I feel guilty and have cheated. I am desperate to lose these next 5 pounds so I can hit 3 stone. But because I have hit my initial goal and have moved the goalposts, I think thats it. So I eat bad things. But then I feel crap! arrgghhh!
Desperate to get back into ketosis but think I might have to wait until I go back to work next week. I have no temptations there and there is nothing else to eat. We shall see. I will try really hard tomorrow.

Anyway! I have just had my hair coloured and cut which has made it a little bit better! Plus my mum nearly cried today when she was telling me how gorgeous I look now (still dont believe it - never will), but that was really nice. One day I might like to look at myself and think wow! God, I am going on now!! Sorry!! Sleep well!xx

Hi Cookie, how are you? Don't beat yourself up, Hon. Just look at what you've achieved so far. You're doing amazingly well. Just draw a line under it and start again. Hugs. x

Back