Cookie's CD Diary

OOh no, please whinge away! Are you just hungry then during your night shift? How much are you sleeping in the day? Do you space it out during the night instead of the day? I'd ask your CDC if I were you as it seems like you have more hours awake ? Dont give up! Keep thinking of the bigger picture again, drink loads of water and keep occupied. When you say 'messing up' are you eating things?

Hope youre ok
x

OOh no, please whinge away! Are you just hungry then during your night shift? How much are you sleeping in the day? Do you space it out during the night instead of the day? I'd ask your CDC if I were you as it seems like you have more hours awake ? Dont give up! Keep thinking of the bigger picture again, drink loads of water and keep occupied. When you say 'messing up' are you eating things?

Hope youre ok
x

Hi, I tend to cope ok whilst I'm at work as there's not really much for me to pick at here. It's when I get home or I'm driving that I feel I need to eat. It annoys me. I am struggling spacing out my shakes because I can be awake for up to 20 hours a day. Three shakes won't go very far. Even struggling on SS+, but don't really want to go up to 810 before I have significant losses.

I drink on average between 3.5 and 4 litres of water a day, so that's not the issue.
When I work nights, I usually manage to get between 3 and 4 hours sleep after I've dropped my little girl at the childminder. I am usually starving before I go to sleep and even more so when I wake up, so I tend to have a shake if I can control myself.:eek:
I'm sure I'll manage to figure this out. Will have a chat to my CDC on Saturday and see what she suggests.
Thanks for all your support. I appreciate it. :)

No problem - not sure if I am being any help at all but lets hope!

I have a headache this morning, but thats probably because I am going back to work after 8 weeks holiday :-( My daughter has gone to nursery today and is going up to the toddler room! Bless her. At lunch yesterday the waitress asked what I was having and she said 'mummys special drink' to me which was cute!

I am a daily weigher now and have appeared to have dropped 2 more pounds this morning, which I didnt yesterday. Am wondering if its because I only had my 2 and half litres of water instead of 4?! Im sure that weight would come off quicker if I wasnt drinking so much. Will try again today. Actually, maybe thats why I have a headache so maybe not.

Anyway, need to do some work :-(

Havent quite worked out how to do the smiley face people yet. Not so hot on the computer! Oh well

Nice to see you back FBS! are you back to stay?

Hi Cookie, how's it going?

I'm back on days today after finishing nights yesterday morning. So far so good, and feeling slightly more positive today.

Are you working today too? Hope you have a good day. :)

Hello - yes back at work now. So no time to check this! I missed hearing about how you're all doing!! I had an ok day. Sat in meetings ALL day - was starving by half ten as hadnt had much to drink. Then went on overload and kept running to the loo all the time! I tell you what tho, I am SICK of people telling me they wouldn't do this, or why on earth am I putting myself through this, why cant I just exercise and cut down, isnt it bad for me, you'll put it all back on blah blah blah. I need to hang a sign around my neck saying 'It's all regulated, I know what I'm doing, shut up and mind your own business, and Ill be the thin one whilst your stuffing your face with pies'.

That may shut them up. Got to run - toast to make for Eva. grrrr. Hope you are all well.xx

Yes, I hate it when other people have that attitude as well. It's funny how all of them have no idea what they are talking about and suddenly become experts on the subject. I think they fall in to 2 categories. The first is people who just simply don't understand and the second is jealousy. I know it doesn't help and it really is seriously frustrating, but I now use their ignorance as motivation.

You are totally right. One of the ladies in particular has spent the whole year eating salad and going to the gym loads, and hasn't lost much at all. Pure jealousy that one.

Well I am finding today the hardest yet I think. Last night sat and watched the staff eating a Mexican meal and today its my brothers 21st bbq. I am sat watching Peppa Pig with all the children inside after my Chicken and Mushroom soup. People taking photos of me eating it by myself in the kitchen. I can hear them all saying oh poor thing in there. My mother telling me what desserts are there and which one I would like, then 'Oops sorry I forgot'. Just contemplated eating some salad and chicken, but I dont want to mess up. Ho hum. Sorry to whinge AGAIN !

Hi Cookie, how are you? I am working overtime tonight, for my sins! Wish I could've stayed at home with my family and watched X factor! (Sad, hey! ;))

Went to see my CDC today and we had a long chat. Basically I'm going to split my packs into 8 meals now to see if that helps me. I'm doing SS+ but without the meal - just another pack.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for your support. If it wasn't for you guys I think I would've quit this week. Have a good weekend. x

Hello Tess, Im ok today thank you. So glad you have sorted it out - 8 sounds good, and I bet it will be fine when you get into the swing of it.

Had a really tough day yesterday - after being very low all day with a crashing headache, ignoring my family who simply ate ALL day, my husband and I had to go to a party in the evening too. Food was amazing - (or so it smelt and looked) and yet again I was met with the 'comments'. Went home by half nine as I couldnt cope any longer and went to bed shattered with a headache. Only to be woken at 2am by my daughter who simply wasnt tired.

Today has been much better as I have been out shopping all day. Didnt sit down for lunch, just drank my chocolate box walking round. My husband is a star - sneaking off to Boots for a sandwich and eating it while I was in a shop. Bless him. How are you all doing today?x

Hi Cookie, sorry to hear you had a low day, but congrats on getting through it. You're so strong like that. :)

I'm starting the 8 shakes from today, so quite looking forward to it really. Will let you know how it goes.

Hope you have a great day today. Better get on with some work, hey! ;)
Bye for now.

Hello all,

Well after a really tough weekend, just got weighed again and lost 4lb. Bit fed up that its not more, but hey. Felt much better today as am back at work and not got time to think about food. Took all my stuff to make soup in the kitchen at lunchtime then had to explain myself three times to the people who asked. Funniest thing was 'where is the fibre?!' and do you poo much! Erm,,, not really I said, thanks for asking.

My CDC said she was amazed that I have not given in and that if I feel that low again, then something off SS+ wouldn't hurt. I dont want to come out of Ketosis and threaten the weight loss. I think another half stone off then I will move up. She is worried that I wont want to start eating food! I also asked if I could ever enjoy my favourite foods when I am on maintenance - I love curries and would die if I could never have them. She said once in a while is fine, just not every night! Then tighten up for the next few days. I did ask if I could have my shakes for the rest of the week after in case I put on weight. She said once a day probably for the nutrition.

She also gave me good ideas - lift the flaps of the cartons and put them in the freezer. Take them out and have an ice pop! Then when I can eat chicken and veg, add them to the soups!
Anyway, hope you are all ok
Cookiex

Hey Cookie!!!
Sorry you're feeling low hun. 4lb loss is fantastic, and try to remember that if you were on a diet such as Weight watchers or something similar, you would be ecstatic about a loss of that size. My advise to you would be to always look for the positives in the situation. Never forget that you are doing really well, and any loss is a good thing. :)
Don't feel like you have to justify your actions to people. You are doing this for you. If people really piss you off with their questions, just tell them you don't want to discuss it..... That or come on here and we can ***** about them :D:D:D
I asked my CDC about eating my favourite foods and she said to me that once you get to your goal, you should never deny yourself the foods you love. My fav food is Thai and Chinese, and she said if i have a meal like that, then remember to view it as a treat, and be good throughout the week to make up for it. Also, to try and have less (but not completely avoid) things like rice etc. Another tip she gave me was to drink a pint of water before i eat, and have a glass of water with the meal or between drinks to ensure that I feel fuller whilst eating less. She said all these tips are easy to make lifestyle changes, whilst still enjoying the foods you love.
Apologies for the essay, I just thought what she said made sense.

Keep your chin up mate, and remember, you are doing amazingly well

you, are doing so well ,with so many temptations , every time you resist something it makes you stronger , amazing :)
4 lb loss is brill ,remeber 4 lb a week is more than a stone a month which is amazing loss . Your 2nd week can sometimes be a little lower due to the great loss most people have in the first week . Keep up the good work and you will be at goal before you know it :)

and as for the comments .. tell people to go and do their research , like you have , then come back and dicuss it with you . it does annoy me whan people who knownothing about CD preach about it !!

Hi Hon,
You're doing really well. Congrats on your 4lb weight loss. That was the most I've lost in one week so far.

Stay positive and ignore people who are negative. (I know it's easier said than done). Just stay focussed on your goal and you will get there. :)

Hi Cookie,

I've just been reading through your diary and wanted to say congrats on your losses and hard work so far.

4lbs this week is still pretty great I reckon...I've done both Weight Watchers and Slimming World and I would have given my right arm to have a loss of 4lb in one week!! The amount of weeks I'd go trudging along to the class dreading the public weigh-in, secretly thinking I'd done really well and then discovering I'd only lost 1/2 a pound or nothing at all.

You made me smile reading about the quavers thing - I'm just glad I don't have any in the house or they would be gone by now...good on you for resisting, I don't think I would have been that strong!

Have a good day :)

Toria xxx

Hello! Can you tell Im back at work?!?! Sat on here loads in the holidays and now dont get two minutes to myself!!

Actually finding this week ok. Never stop running about at school - never really think about food. Happy actually not to go in the canteen and smell the horrid food there!! Had my day off today with my daughter and am exhausted!! Harder work than being at school! Was a bit hungry this morning - didnt drink enough again, and had to contend with tantrumming child at the new toddler gym that I took her to...Don't you just hate it when other mums look at you as if you are the worst mother ever when you cant control their tantrums?!?!?! Then had a fight with toilet doors in debenhams as I couldnt get the buggy through them without taking all my bags off it, had to strip all my layers off as I was getting so hot and bothered, then Eva took her shoes and socks off and ran around the toilets bare foot and then I wheeled the buggy over them by mistake. Resulting in more tears. Nearly from me. I was starving by then. Then got her into the cafe with her fish fingers and chips and had to do the heat test with the food on my lip. And not try a bit. V Hard.

Am now waiting my second soup of the day. Those cartons are not enough for me I have decided. The shakes and soups fill me up but the cartons are tiny. I guess they are 200ml and I have my soups/shakes with a bit more in.

Oh then I made a banana cake with Eva purely so I could smell it cooking. Oh and its my husbands favourite of course..

Mmmm soup, sparkling water (I think of that a bit like I used to with wine - how odd) and Waterloo Road on the telly . Child asleep. For now. Hope youre all doing well x

Hi Cookie, glad to hear from you again. Did wonder where you were. Gosh, sounds like you also have a very hectic lifestyle!
Glad you managed to get through the last few days.
Have a lovely evening. :)

Back