Copying Loopy!

OMG Barb! 26 lengths!! That is amazing! Good for you!
Now as for the scales staying the same, could it be water retention or possibly you are losing weight but gaining muscle due to all this wonderfull excercise? Have you tried meassuring yourself to see if you are losing inches? It might help to keep you focused!
Keep going Barb, you are doing amazingly well!
Hugs

Hi Barb, Tracey's right - your body is gaining muscle so although the scales aren't moving, you will find you are getting smaller. Will try to find a picture that illustrates the point...

Hi Barb

Have you grown fins?
niko3.gif

26 lengths, wow that's great, you are obviously getting so much fitter already. Never mind what the scales are doing, the weight will drop off in time. Have you measured yourself? Often the inches come off quicker than the lbs if you increase your exercise. Try on clothes that used to feel snug, my old WW leader used to say that 10lbs is a dress size.

Keep it up, you're doing so well.

Ive stuck for a few days too and just wanted to say dont lose heart, when I thought about what I used to gain in a week when I thought I ate normailly, compared to sticking a bit now, it will come off, and you'll be a super toned slim woman
x

Thanks everyone, its great to know I am not on my own. The picture of the fat and muscle was amazing, OMG, I am going to start measuring myself! Had a bit of a slip last night, went out for dinner and managed to drink 2 cocktails, a bottle of wine and ate a very small chinese. The hangover was horrific but I am recovering. ONly managed 18 lengths today, frankly that was a miracle in itself. Makes you think though, time was I would have used a hangover as an excuse to laze about eating junk food and certainly not swimming. I even cooked my husband and daughter, who were similarly afflicted, an egg and bacon sandwich, I had a low cal lunch! I'm learning, aren't I?

Hi Cheb, I thought I saw some lovely slim person jumping up and down on the seafront - now I know it's you! I had a much better day yesterday, didn't consume anything naughty, especially none of the demon drink. Feel much more human today. Hope you have a lovely day, catch up later. Hugs

Hi Isobel, I am very pleased to say I have no Hangover today - so feel much better. I am not so worried about the scales either as Ken(husband) said he has put on a lb. He is irritatingly not trying to lose weight but is coming swimming everyday; so I reckon if he has put on and I haven't lost but am the same I must be doing ok? Make sense? Anyway my clothes are looser, I feel fitter and I am sure those scales will shift very soon!
Hope you have a good day, love

A good day yesterday and yet the weight still sticks at the same, that is nearly 2 weeks without any change at all. I really don't know what to do. Week one I lost 6lbs, week 2 4llbs and week 3 and nearly4 nothing! I am sticking to my 1500 cals max and seem to average around 1300 at most. I am swimming and walking every day. I know I had a naughty night out this week but I was still vwery careful on the food front and cut to 1000 cals the next day and 1200 yesterday by way of damage limitation. What do I do. I look and feel better, but if the scales don't drop soon I am going to lose heart. It's not that I feel I am weakening it just feels a bit pointless. Here I am frantically being as committed as possible, very much looking forward to being slimmer for my October holiday and now I wonder if I will be any different by then? Has anyone else had a 2 week stick so early on in a diet? I never have, it has always been if I stick to the rules I lose weight. Not this time. Answers on a postcard to desperate, p****d off of Eastbourne!

Morning, Barb - sorry to hear about your weight sticking. It always happened to me when I was doing WW/SW etc. It's so frustrating, I know. But if you are eating less and moving more, the weight will come off.
Just a thought - but have you got scales that tell you your body fat %age?? It's just with all the exercise you are doing, some of the fat is going to be turned into muscle which is smaller than fat so you are probably losing inches instead of lbs?????

You said on Demon's thread that your clothes are feeling looser, so that may well be it!?!?!

Anyhoo - you're doing fab - so keep it up, lady!!!!
love

No weight gone, but I feel so different I am just not bovered- do I look bovered? I have had to chuck 2 tshirts away as they gape at the top and are positively revealing. I have measured myself and I am an inch less on top, middle and bottom than I was when I weighed 4lbs less than I do now! That just shows something major is going on. I feel completely confident that the weight is going to start falling again next week and I am going to go on feeling better and better. I feel so much more lively than I did. OMG I've been bitten by the exercise bug!

Lots of people plateau weight wise, but if the inches are coming off then you are doing absolutely fine!! Focus on the big picture and stick with it mate :cool:

Well, 4 weeks since i started this journey and I have lost another lb, at last! I am so chuffed. Thats 11 in total and 37 since my all time worst. I am on cloud nine!

Isn'y is horrible when you go through a dry patch on the weight loss front.

Sounds like you have ridden it out and are on the way back down again so well done :D

Thanks you 2, I feel so much happier, I am going to do this. This support is what is making the real difference this time - I know you are all on my side, just like I am on yours, it makes us an invincible force - WOW I like that idea! Love and hugs

Back