Copying Loopy!

Hi, just reading through some of the posts here. You are all so fab!!!!

Barb, you're right to decide to ignore the scales, they mess with your head!!!

Congrats on the swimming! I don't know if you've thought of it, but a charity called Aspire is looking for individuals or teams of people to get sponsored to swim the distance of the channel (22 miles!!!). You might want to consisder this as a challenge for a large team if you are fairly new to swimming, or a few friends. Just thought you might like the challenge since you are already well on the road to fitness!

I've signed up as a personal challenge so I'm doing it solo. The pool at my gym is 25m, 1 mile = 64 lengths. I plan to swim 1/2 a mile every day. You have to complete the clallenge between September and December (about 12 weeks). Aspire is a charity aimed at helping people with spinal injuries and I have a friend who has been in a wheelchair since she was in a car accident when she was only 11. I figure that could happen to any of us - so this seemed like a good idea!

Hi Kebab I like the idea of a charity swim, I will have ot think seriously about it. I am doing fine coming up to the end of the 5th week and 12lbs down and very much fitter. Would love the weight to drop a little quicker but slow and steady will do it.

Well done Barb on losing 12lb that is fantastic!
You are a real inspiration!
Have a great afternoon

Thanks Tracey, I've never been called an inspiration before! (blushes furiously!). I am pleased with myself, it's not easy but I think it gets easier if you know what I mean. Have nice evening, love

Well, big night out last night to fave restaurant with fave people. Was worried about it as it is wall to wall rich food. Started the evening well by getting into an outfit I haven't been able to wear for over a year. Volunteered to drive which got me off the 'more you drink the more you eat' slippery slope. Ate all my starter, which didn't seem too calorific, ate about half my main and when the banoffee pie turned up I scooped some onto my husbands plate, ate a bit and left a bit! The most amazing thing OF ALL THOUGH was that I realised I actually don't like that kind of food anymore. I found it all so rich and for the first time since I started this diet I had to chew a rennies when I got home. I think I have changed! I used to love to go and eat all the rich high cal stuff but I really didn't enjoy it. The first spoonful of the banoffee was yummy but 2 spoonfuls were enough. Needless to say I am in shock, but it is an excellent place to be. I really am cracking this. YIPPEE!!!

Barb, what a great night! You have shown such great control, and it's wonderful that you now don't need to eat how you used to!!! Here's to a whole new you!!!

Thanks Donna, for the first time in my life I actually believe that I am going to be slim and fit and healthy. I think they call it a 'light bulb moment' whatever it is I like it. How are you getting on, is the weekend a danger time for you?
love

Every day a danger right now as I'm on school holidays (teacher) so it's all like one long weekend. Finding ways to keep on track.

Keep up the great work Barb, you are going to succeed.

Back to the restaurant thing: I grew up in a family where you ate what was provided, if you ate out you eat up ! My husband has always branded me a fussy eater, so if we eat out I have always felt I must eat up so as not to be a fusspot. However, when we were in america a couple of years ago we were eating a chinses restaurant. On the table next to us were a family of 4, the kids being about 5 and 7 years old. Typical america, portions were huge, suddenly we heard the dad on the next table say ' you are not leaving that food are you? You are not stealing from me, I work hard to pay for this meal and if you don't eat everything on your plate you are stealing from me'. Ken and I and our kids just looked at each other shocked. There was no way little kids should be eating that much. No wonder obesity is such a problem over there. Anyway, the point of this ramble is that I started having a different point of view about having to eat more than I want or need. Ken will often say (jokingly of course) 'you are always stealing from me, how can you leave that food', but I just laugh and leave what I like. Better for excess food to go in the restaurant bin than on to my hips!
Its all about giving yourself permission to be important enough to do what you want not what others expect! Hmmm, thought for the day I reckon.

Hooray, have lost 2lbs, that makes a stone in 5 weeks and 2 days! I am so chuffed. It's working, I am doing it, I am going to be slim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning Barb
Well done on losing your first stone! You are doing fantastically well! Keep up the good work.

fing10.gif
WELL DONE on your first stone barb............FANTASTIC
fam24.gif

Been reading some of your thread...........WOW you did soooo well with your night out.............hey girl YOU ARE DOING THIS

Thanks Demon, I knew you would be pleased with me. It is funny isn't it how a whole stone seems so much more than just 1lb more than 13lbs. If you know what I mean! Anyway, I am very happy and look forward to shifting the next one! Hope you are having a good day, Love

Thanks DQ. I am impressed at how motivated I still feel nearly 6 weeks into my plan. Previously I would be getting pretty bored by now but this time i am not. I suppose the exercise is a big factor but I think this website is probably the main one. I spend a lot of time on here and reading other peoples stoires/tips/groans/giggles really helps. Am looking forward to getting the next stone off as that will see me the lightest I've been in 4 years and a little more after that will be the lightest in 15 years! Exciting stuff!

Back