Copying Loopy!

Hi tracey, thanks for keeping an eye out for me! I am OK, had a very naughty weekend though and am now struggling to get back in the swing. Friday night out for a curry and way too many drinks. Saturday omlette and chips for lunch to attack the hangover, Saturday night out to party, drinks buffet etc and Sunday evening family barbie and lots of wine! Yikes, I am so bad. Trouble is now I feel really anti and can't find my dieting head. I think it has been swapped with an eat and drink as much as you like head! Help!!!!!!!!!!

Will do DQ! Thanks for that. Love

Well, here i am, I'd like to pretend I am sober but I am not! Have had the opening ceremony for one of our nursery school gardens today. It's a fabulous jungle theme and has to be seen to be believed. I made a crocodile cake and lots of fariy cakes for the children and it was simp[ly a brilliant event. Then we came home and have been celbrating ever since! 2.5 bottles of cava later I feel very mellow. I don;t think my weight loss will be very brilliant but am struggling to care. Oh Dear, straight and narrow nowhere in sight! Someone had better kick my ass - and soon!

Ok, no one had kicked my Ass and guess what, yesterday went from bad to worse! We walked our little doggie and then decided we urgently needed to go out for dinner to soak up some of the booze. One nice Italian meal (mainly fish and no pud) and another bottle of wine later we decided we had best go to a party. So, we headed for a wedding party we had been invited to. Found it eventually, our sense of direction being slightly off for some reason(!), then proceeded to dance energetically for a couple of hours! Only had a couple more drinks but the cal value of the day must have been several thousand I reckon. Today I have put back the 2lbs i lost last week and feel a little bit cross with myself. But not too cross; thing is I had a great time, it was a very big day for us as a family and the amount of exercise done was impressive to put it mildly. So, today I am going to be gentle with myself, because apart from anything else I am absolutely knackered and tomorrow it is going to be back to the cal counting with a vengeance. I have beem too lazy about the diet lately and I have just 4 weeks to go till our holiday so I must get a wriggle on.

So, today I am going to be gentle with myself, because apart from anything else I am absolutely knackered and tomorrow it is going to be back to the cal counting with a vengeance.
Good on ya! Sounds like you had a lovely time :)

Right, back on track today. Had a very quiet day yesterday and today have just 26 days till we go on the cruise, so away I go. Have also booked a holiday to Las Vegas next March so it's incentives everywhere I look right now. I will be swimming every week day as I know that is working and get back to cal counting properly. It is so easy to guesstimate and go wildly wrong. Hoping for a really good loss this week.

Had a good day, feel back in control, which is great. Swimming going really well, really feel that is the key. Hope to drop into the 14's very soon.

Well what a strange day! Work, swimming, walking the dog etc... then Ken wanted to go out for dinner, I admit I thought 'help, there goes the flaming diet again. Anyway off we went to a posh new place at eastbourne's Sovereign Harbour. Ordered chicken wings to start with, one small bite and realised they were practically RAW, so told them what to do with them and skipped starter. Very small main, then was offered the chocolate fondue on the house to make up for the starter, couldn't resist, so said yes. Back comes the waitress, ' so sorry, the chef has run out of chocolate!!', so my efforts to sabotage my own eating just didn't work and I am so pleased! Were the diet fairies on my side last night?

Sometimes it just goes that way, but, glad you stayed on track - someone was obviously looking out for you!!

Morning Barb
Your post made me giggle,you could not cheat if you wonted to your gardian angile must have been watching you and saying no way.
Hope you still managed to have a good evening.
Hope you have a good day x

Hi Barb

Sovereign Harbour you say, must go there for a meal myself sounds like it one restaurant I might go to and not break my diet!!!!!

Hope you're still on track, rotten weather today isn't it? I just want to curl up with my book but have to tidy the war zone!

Very pleased with myself today. Had put on 2lbs last week which i have now lost and I have lost 2 more, so that takes me into the 14's, huge step for me and means I ahve lost 20lbs in total since I started this plan in July. 3 weeks to go till our cruise so I would love to lose a few more lbs before we go.

Hmm, just read the above post and would like to give self a good kicking! Weighed this morning and have only lost overall a measley 2lbs this month, taking my 3 month total to just 17lbs. However, and this is a big one, if the truth is told I dodn't really deserve to lose anything, in fact could easily have put on. Have had several meals out this month, celebrations for 3 of our kids who all got newjobs/qualifications this month and this weekend ahve been drinking champagne like it's going out of fashion. So am I despondant? No I am not. If I can lose 2lbs without trying I have obviously changed some habits enough to start sorting myself out. And what is the one thing I have done everyday without fail? EXERCISE - that is the difference, 30 lengths everyday plus a 30 minute walk and despite being very naughty food wise I have not skipped an exercise.
I am going to make a real effort now, the cruise is just 13 days away, but I feel happy with myself. I am being honest, there was a time I would have seen a poxy 2lb loss and been so cross with myself I would have had a bar of choclate. Not this time, I know what has gone right and wrong, I understand it and I am moving on. Big steps for me, really getting tog rips with why I am overweight and giving myself permission to take time to deal with it. Well done me, 2lbs maybe a small amount but it is going in the right direction ans if it is only 2lbs next month then I will be satisfied.

What a wonderfully healthy attitude Barb:cool:

Back