Copying Loopy!

Ok, quick trip to Sainsburys and came back with new scales that measure in .2 of a lb increments. Got on them and weigh 3lbs more than on the old ones! AHHHHHHHHHHHH Am I panicking? Nah, it doesn't matter, I've still lost 11lbs but what do I do tickerwise etc.. Answers ASAP please

Just take 3lbs off every time you weigh yourself on them
devil-tD.gif
hahaha.

Glad you're having a better day today, Barb. Your yesterday sounds like my whole life at the minute :rolleyes:

It sounds like you're building muscle too - I can't believe you did 18 lengths and said 'only' :eek: I'd be like wowwwwwwwww I've done 18 lengths - where's my medal!

Thanks Brightness, you are a darling, if a little naughty ( I saw that devil lurking). Do you think that is ok, I know it is all in the mind really but i can't bear to alter my ticker upwards, I would feel like I had slipped bigtime. I am as mad as a hatter aren't I?

Hey Barb,
I think you are doing fantastically well !!!!!
Stop panicking about a pound here or there if i were you i think i would sling the scales away and go by how you feel the one thing that will never lie is how you feel in your clothes and out of them ! ;)

Keep at it you are doin so well and i agree 18 lengths whoohooo ! i would need an ambulance pool side if not for exhaustion then for shock :eek: !!

Take care xxx

Thanks Julie, I know you are right - but it is so tempting to watch those numbers drop. I will try not to be so fixated though, I know its silly. Swimming wise, at the risk of being a complete show off, I can now do 28 lengths! Look out David Walliems!

Hi Barb

Glad things are going well for you and that the weight has dropped again.

Re your Ticker, You've still LOST the same amount of weight despite the new scales making you 3lb heavier, if you'd weighed on those in the first place your start weight would have been 3lb higher too. So makes no difference. Does that make sense? It's only numbers anyhow!

28 lengths?! You rock woman!! :cool: And Cheb is right, whatever the number you started at, you have still lost that much :)

Thanks Cheb and DQ, I know the numbers are unimportant and I am going to stop obsessing- promise. Yes I am chuffed with the swimming; 4 weeks ago I started at 8 lengths and I was pretty chuffed with that, now I can do 28, just shows that the body can adjust and surprise us. I would not have believed it and it is a real buzz to find a sport (a sport!)that I can do! I was always the one sitting out of PE and avoiding all the physical stuff. I guess a new me is emerging and I have to say I like her better. (although I am worried that as her body shrinks her head is getting bigger and bigger....) Hugs

I guess a new me is emerging and I have to say I like her better. (although I am worried that as her body shrinks her head is getting bigger and bigger....) Hugs

Don't you worry - you have every right to be proud of yourself :cool:

Hi Barb! I think you can be very proud of yourself! I think its absolutely fantastic that you can swim so much! I don't think I could manage more than a length or two! I think you are a true inspiration! You go girl!!!
clap2.gif

Gosh, thanks DQ and Tracey! I am enjoying the swiming and I guess that is the key. I don't think I have ever really enjoyed a sport before. How are you 2 today - ready for another good week? love

Hi

Hope today has been good for you.

I must take a leaf from your book and start swimming regularly again, reckon it'll really tone up the bod:D Don't think I'll manage 28 lengths though. Where do you swim, sovereign centre or do you have a gym membership? I have

a Banatynes membership but don't make as much use of it as
I should
Course%20%E0%20pied.gif

very impressed with your swimming:) :) :)

ignore the scales for a while, the pounds will just float away:D :D

looking forward to the meet

Cheb, I swim at Bannatynes in Eastbourne. It is really nice and full of real people - not gorgeous gym bodies but folk like me who are just trying to lose weight or get fitter or both! I don't use the gym bit yet but I might eventually when I feel more confident in myself. Hugs

June, you are so right about the scales, they are really messing with my mind. Got on my new ones today and they showed 222.2 lbs, .2 less than yesterday. Bit later I got on again, I know I shouldn't but I am being honest about my naughtiness, anyway they then showed 219.2. That's a 3lb loss in 10 minutes- impressive huh? So I dug out the old scales and they said 220.2! So then I got back on the new ones and they said 222.2 again. So I think you are right, ignore the damn things and just keep going, eventually they will show a drop I can believe and it will all settle down I suppose. Pretty frustrating though. Time was that would have got me off the diet, but I am not that bothered, I know I am doing all the right things(apart from weighing myself obsessively!)so I will get slim! Love

Looking forward to that Cheb! Ha Ha. I definately feel thinner and I also feel much more alert; has anyone else noticed that? I suppose it's all this 'clean' living; no junk food and hardly any booze! Tee Hee

Back