Copying Loopy!

Glad to see you're feeling better. I'm hoping to be shopping somewhere other than Evans for my Chrissy outfit this year too. Perhaps we'll get there together. I need to lose about 5 stone, but goals like Christmas break it up. I just want to wear something other than black and baggy as my going out 'uniform'!

Keep up the great work!

I'm with you Donna. Although the choices are probably better than they were, you still feel limited don't you? I fancy something really pretty this year, last year I ahd a red outfit from Elvi, which I felt quite nice in but it cost a fortune and was bought mainly because it fitted! Not a good enough reason. I reckon we will 'get there' at a similar time although if you are doing CD yoiu will probably race ahead a bit. Which being as it's you, I won't mind! Love

:D Well done Barb a stone in six weeks thats amazing and such an achievement i know how hard it is to ignore that chatterbox so to dothat for six weeks is awesome !! :D

I am sorry to hear about your scare in the pool i hope you are back on form now i have asthma too although i haven't had steroids since i was a child (thankfully) !
I am lucky that it was something that improved with age for me and i have an inhaler for emergencies but not needed it for around 5 yrs now . Although i noticed the difference in my breathing with my weight gain very raspy !!!

Hope all is well with you and congratulations again !
Take care xxx :)

Thanks Julie, your encouragement really helps! I just can't wait to get the next few lbs off cos I know the difference will really start to show.

Good Morning Barb
Have a fantastic day! It wont belong now and you will be out buying lots of lovely clothes!

Well here I am, popped on the scales this morning, not really expecting anything amazing and have lost another 2lbs. YIPPEE! So chuffed, this is really working, I am going to be slim! Really feel all my enthusiasm flooding back. Hvae felt a little fed up the last few days but now I am back firing on all cylinders. The holiday in October is now 7.5 weeks away, wonder how much more i will lose before then? Really excited.

Barb, another 2lbs gone! That's great! You sound soooo positive, you've really given me a boost this morning, you enthusiasm is contagious!

HUGS!!:)

Hey Donna, it gets better! Just been swimming and did 34 lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it, just 7 weeks ago could barely do 8 now 34, just shows it can be done. You may have to slap me down a bit, I feel very over excited!

Well here I am, popped on the scales this morning, not really expecting anything amazing and have lost another 2lbs. YIPPEE! So chuffed, this is really working, I am going to be slim! Really feel all my enthusiasm flooding back. Hvae felt a little fed up the last few days but now I am back firing on all cylinders. The holiday in October is now 7.5 weeks away, wonder how much more i will lose before then? Really excited.

WOW!!! Barb another 2lb gone and doing 34 lengths! You are amazing! You are going to be lovely and trim for your holiday!
Keep on going

Hey Donna, it gets better! Just been swimming and did 34 lengths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it, just 7 weeks ago could barely do 8 now 34, just shows it can be done. You may have to slap me down a bit, I feel very over excited!

Hi Barb,

Congrats' on 2lbs. off:D

You have lost this on calorie counting??? Tell me more?

The body is very forgiving I have found:) good job or I'd be done for:eek:

Well done on the swimming, it really is brill for toning.

Love Mini xxx

Hey well done on the swimming progress. That really is something that you can be proud of and it all helps with the weight loss too :D

It's amazing how success in one area of our lives can give us the confidence to have success in other areas too :)

Good Morning Barb
Have a lovely day and I hope the scales are still moving downwards!
Take care :D

Having quite a naughty weekend due to daughters birthday and meal out with friends; determined to still enjoy myself but being careful too. Have just been told there is a problem with my thyroid, it seems it is a more underactive than it was, which would explain why I am so knackered all the time. So will find out more next week. Meantime I feel good, this calorie counting is working, slowly but surely. Mini asked this week how I do it and I think the key word is organisation. I have my digital scales, my cal counting book and my notebook and calculator all together in the kitchen and everything I eat gets calculated and written down. Thats it really, I try not to exceed 1500 a day, but some days will have 1200 and other 1800, at the end of the week I always work out the daily average and it tends to be 1450-1550. So lets hope it keeps on working, a little faster would be even better!

Hi Barb
Have a lovely time with time with your daughter and your friends!
I hope you get your thyroid sorted out soon.
Have a great weekend.

So 7 weeks today and I am 16lbs lighter than when I started. I am pleased with that, it is hard not to be impatient, especially when I read the amazing losses on this site. Stilll I am taking the scenic route and cannot expect to have the losses that CD/LL folk have as I have not given up food in the same way. I am looking ofrward to finding out how bad the thyroid situation is though as I understand that weight loss is pretty difficult if it is very underactive. I have been on a low dose of thyroxine for 2 years now but now have been told it is not enough. So, will find out this week and go from there. I am taking a week off cal counting to see if I have learnt enough cal values/portions sizes to still lose without all the fiddling about. So that will be interesting too. Watch this space!

So 7 weeks today and I am 16lbs lighter than when I started. I am pleased with that, it is hard not to be impatient, especially when I read the amazing losses on this site. Stilll I am taking the scenic route and cannot expect to have the losses that CD/LL folk have as I have not given up food in the same way. I am looking ofrward to finding out how bad the thyroid situation is though as I understand that weight loss is pretty difficult if it is very underactive. I have been on a low dose of thyroxine for 2 years now but now have been told it is not enough. So, will find out this week and go from there. I am taking a week off cal counting to see if I have learnt enough cal values/portions sizes to still lose without all the fiddling about. So that will be interesting too. Watch this space!

Hello Barb
Many congratulations on your 16lb loss! That is trully wonderfull!
Good luck with your week ahead and I will be vey interested to see how you get on, I have always had a problem with portion size. Please let me in on your secret!
Have a lovely day

Hi Barb,

You have done exceptional well and it will be very interesting to see how you get on with out counting.

Will you still write down what you eat in order to keep track of what goes into your body as I know I find my hands automatically go for food and shove it into my mouth if they think I am not looking:eek: LOL!!!

Love Mini xxx

Will you still write down what you eat in order to keep track of what goes into your body as I know I find my hands automatically go for food and shove it into my mouth if they think I am not looking:eek: LOL!!!

Even though I'm back to SSing, keeping track of what I have had keeps me focussed and concentrated. :D

Back