CornishTT S&S Diary

Thanks Tracy and agree with you. One bad meal won't make us fat but will do it we let one bad meal become a day, week, month of bad meals. Here's to us shifting our gains amd back to burning fresh fat (I love that saying, can you tell, lol?).

Pri, I have been trying to keep active doing some exercise classes and swimming so this is a step up for me to get toned as I'm 37 I don't have bounce back body anymore and after two kids mid rift looks like a train wreck! I think you're doing brilliantly tho and your focus even living at home and habing little funds is inspirational. Keep going, squat challenge or no! x

Thanks Tracy and agree with you. One bad meal won't make us fat but will do it we let one bad meal become a day, week, month of bad meals. Here's to us shifting our gains amd back to burning fresh fat (I love that saying, can you tell, lol?). Pri, I have been trying to keep active doing some exercise classes and swimming so this is a step up for me to get toned as I'm 37 I don't have bounce back body anymore and after two kids mid rift looks like a train wreck! I think you're doing brilliantly tho and your focus even living at home and habing little funds is inspirational. Keep going, squat challenge or no! x
Aw thnku hun tis reli difficult lol wnt to jsa tdai gosh was prayin dintcoem cros ne one i knew haha..they seemed bit mean abt the whole thing bt mayb thts js them....hmmm hopinwill get sum moeny come thru by nx week or week after....trying to sell this samsung tablet bt no one seems to wnt jt lol tryin to sell it first to ppl i kno n then if tht dnt wrk then may need to resort to online selling or sumat lol x

Reli wna tke sweinnin. Lessons as cn tswim or if i can iv forfoton lol bt reli para abt my size so gna wait it out bit m also cnt afford it rite nw lol xx

Pri, I love swimming and always have. Lack of funds is a problem but it all depends on ur local health centre. Mine charges twenty two for the month, unlimited swimming. However they do do adult lessons too at about 4.50 per class. Maybe worth calling? If you just learn breaststroke for starters, should set u up nicely!

Clinquant, thanks, punishing (I hope) equals results, I need serious toning and am hoping I can give myself a whole body lift (in time) with exercise! Watched that baggy body you spoke of, wow. Scary thing is the young woman lost 9st and her tummy was wrecked, not much more than I have to lose (8th in total).

Here's hoping my exercise theory is right x

Last edited:
I think things are better this time with a bit of exercise and I'm 50 this year so not much natural bounce back for me. My stomach was nothing like that girl. I think height v amount loss makes a difference but also think vlcd is better than surgery - purely anecdotal - not sure why. I also think she will find things better if she lost more fat - I have read that the skin will shrink back better when more of the fat underneath it is gone. I just know whatever happens it's not worth putting any weight back on for.

Pri, I love swimming and always have. Lack of funds is a problem but it all depends on ur local health centre. Mine charges twenty two for the month, unlimited swimming. However they do do adult lessons too at about 4.50 per class. Maybe worth calling? If you just learn breaststroke for starters, should set u up nicely! Clinquant, thanks, punishing (I hope) equals results, I need serious toning and am hoping I can give myself a whole body lift (in time) with exercise! Watched that baggy body you spoke of, wow. Scary thing is the young woman lost 9st and her tummy was wrecked, not much more than I have to lose (8th in total). Here's hoping my exercise theory is right x

Hey hun will defo look into it or may wait til have shrunk a bit hehe omg i cnt sleep till way late either hence the reason ima reli tired tdai prbz will have a relin gd sleep tnite tho lool....if onli graduation in the afternoon wudv made life so much easier lol xx

Oh I hate that wakefulness. My sleep has been a lot better although I was woken this morning by screaming foxes.

My group last night was really good. Everyone has started to gel and trust each other and we got into the nitty gritty. I will try and compose a longer post either later at the weekend to cover what we did and what I am gaining from it.

Getting up earlier definitely helps. I'll be at my choir tonight so I've done all my squats and downloaded my meditations so I can do them from my phone at lunchtime. Not sure about the scales, still no TOTM and looks like I'll be lucky to have another 2lbs this week. I've been having veg but I don't think a few bits of broccoli or a few leaves are going to make much difference and I am enjoying them. I'm not going to worry too much as we all know the story by Sunday could be very different. If it consistently affects my losses then I'll go back to basics. I will make Saturday water glugging day.

Hope everyone is OK. While I'm out and about I tend to catch up on diaries in a bit of a scattergun way and I'm always losing replies on the bus, so if I've missed you - it's not personal :)

Day 18, 38 days to go.
Weight loss today ?, total lost 1st, 0lb, 2oz.
Start weight 16st 11lb 8oz current weight 15st 11lb 6oz.
Exercise : day 3, duration 7min 50 sec, calories burned 68.

Clinquant - Screaming foxes? Wow, didn't know they did that! Would be lovely to hear about your group, it such a positive thing and that link you provided on what the course is based from is from the town I'm from! How co-incidental is that!? Here's hoping for a 2lb loss as predicted and I agree that a little veg isn't going to make a massive difference, tho like we know everyone is different so gotta find what works for you, tho with the exercise you're doing I would say you'd burn off any extra carbs you'd consume through that.

So, today was nice to step on scales and see me back to 15st11 odd, pre planned break weight. Hopefully onward and downward now till my sons's birthday!

I also have added incentive to get slim and toned as my best friend is getting married and I have to be his Best Woman (he was my bride's man at my wedding, lol). I am so happy for him and cannot wait to a) see him, b) be at his wedding!

So, it's a VERY grey and dreary day here in Cornwall and I wish I could just go back to bed as have been awake since 3am (went back to sleep from about 5ish till kiddie roll call at 6.20am) but I have a TON to do.

Oh, and I heard such a wonderful saying, it's by FlyLady (she has a site to organise and clean your house and she sends you emails with tips, reminders, etc. Anyway, she said 'Reboot the washing machine' as a load a day keeps the chaos away. I heartily agree, so about to reboot it now. I guess you could apply it to anything that needs loading, emptying and put away, dishwasher, etc. I just thought I'd share.

Hope you're all have a wonderful day x

Last edited:
Morning Cornish it's great to hear you sounding much more upbeat today :)

I love reading your diary as not only do we have so much in common (I'm 36 with 2 kids, girl then boy, youngest will be 4 in feb and I love swimming) but when I read your messages I could have written them myself we both think so alike, but all your activity really puts me to shame and pushes me to do more.

You have shamed me back into exercising :D xx

Hey Tracy, glad I've spurred you on to be more active. Don't let me put you to shame though, it is only cause I have a super active husband and kids that I do what I do. But my house can be untidy, I leave dishes in the sink and I don't do hardly enough. I am trying to do more. Having kids is hard and a full time job in itself, you're doing fantastic and do what you can! What exercise are you going to take up? Nice to know someone thinks like me though, lol.

Clinquant, don't worry, I assumed it was something like that. Still curious re foxes screaming, might utube it, lol. And a couple of coffees have kept the lids open so ok for now. Enjoy choir later. x

Clinquant I was chuckling away to myself reading your post!! I knew you thought you were on your diary and I was laughing thinking she'll realise soon! Lol!!

We had a fix problem - a human mans urine scent gets rid of them. Sorry to say!! My hubby had to, er, 'visit' the four corners of our garden!! And they've not been back since!! :)

Well done for getting fully back in the game Cornish! That's great stuff!

I know what you mean with little ones and housework. It takes me a week just to get one little job done! You're not alone in the plates soaking in the sink!! ;)

my best friend was my 'male of honour' at my wedding :D :D

I've left the dinner plates and pans in the kitchen tonight, I CBA! I quite often wash up in the morning before work...sometimes do it the next day!

Fly-lady is great, I do like the 'shiny sink' thing but it's a rarity in our house :D

I love the fly lady comment! I do a daily reboot of the washing machine otherwise it gets unmanageable.

Good to hear you got straight back on after the blip. Blips are just blips. As you say, they only become an issue when the blip becomes a trend!

Cornish I just had a look at the Fly Lady site and it was great it's exactly what I'm aiming for, I thought I was being childish creating a weekly planner for myself to get everything done but the website just confirmed my idea that if I follow a planner for a few months it would eventually just become my normal routine without thinking about it :).

I thought I was going a bit far wanting to include housework on mine but fly lady recommends writing everything in right down to getting dressed in the morning!! lol, so that's what I'm going to do.

It makes me feel less silly now knowing the idea of having a set weekly routine actually works x

Day 19, 37 days to go. .
Weight loss today 1lb, total lost 1st, 1lb, 2oz.
Start weight 16st 11lb 8oz current weight 15st 10lb 6oz.
Exercise : day 4, duration 39 min 29sec, calories burned 382.

Clin - yes, I heard it, it is a very unsettling sound. Hope sammy's solution sort out your problem!

Sammy - I like the fox problem solition, no chemicals, deadly traps, etc as long as OH doesn't mind doing his business outside, but since when did ANY man mind doing business outside, lol.

Lou - love 'Male of Honour', lolol. It was a proud moment for me to have him there, one of the best days of my life!

SeeLuLu - still have a lot to learn and implement from flylady, but that is one thing that clicked and was implemented straight away!

Tracy - Replied on your thread re above, it's wonderful. As for following the planner and it becoming routine/habit, I so want that in my life! :D

As for getting back on the wagon straight after Tuesday's todo, thanks guys, I did find I was hungry from time to time but have been good since Tuesday and it shows on the scales this morning. 1lb down so back to burning fresh fat! Hoorah!

Hope you all have a good day and are winning. x

Last edited:
Back