CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Well done Toni for sticking to it, hide them scales......I don't but we are supposed to hehe :)

we have to live our lives, as this is a woe rather than a diet. So maybe we indulge in too much cheese one day but that is our indulgence and not a sugar bun or chocolate.

Exactly how I'm approaching things this time round! Live my life, eating lots of well cooked meals and trying not to go ott on carbs when I'm tired. Rock on! :D

Re: My Atkins diary

Thanks Lauren and Susie, I have to say a weight has been lifted off my shoulders not using them scales. It is so wonderful to walk info bathroom and not having a sneaky weigh in and then be disappointed if scales not showing a loss. The scales are well and truly banished.

I think I am losing tho. I can feel it in my jeans, much better fit and straight out of the wash (you know, before they've stretched a bit).

Yesterday was my rest day from 30 day shred but it was not completely restful. My daughter fell asleep in the car and when she woke up she was grumpy. But then when I tried to lie down with her while hubby walked to lidl (about a mile away) she decided she wanted to go along. So I slung her in the pushchair and power walked all the way to catch up! Boy was it hard but would have been harder had I not done the 30 day shred. Will do my day 7 tonight when hubby goes out for his walk.

Yesterday I was speaking to a lady at my friend's hen do. She said she didn't eat meat as she always felt full and uncomfortable after it and It got me thinking. Even though I LOVE red meat, I always feel fuller and heavier for ages. So anwyay, I'm thinking I might start eating only chicken and fish for a bit.

We're off on a sea side/black berry hunt day today, so I'm into the kitchen making chicken cos lettuce wraps, make sure I have food for the day. Yesterday I only had pork scratching for lunch as was ill prepared (daughter invited to a friend's birthday part and no Atkins friendly food - kept being offered scones with jam and clotted cream!) yand was famished by dinner.

Hope you all have a good day x

The scales are well and truly banished. I think I am losing tho. I can feel it in my jeans, much better fit and straight out of the wash (you know, before they've stretched a bit).

Yaye!!! :)

I know what you mean about red meat, I don't eat much of it now, mostly chicken, turkey, pork and tuna :)

That's going to me be my staples too Susie, those and salmon. I also like smoked mackerel for breakfast.

We've picked a tub full of blackberries and got some free Apples some person left on their door step (inviting you to take some) so making apple and blackberry crumble for the family, but I'll make teeney's genache tonight, might even turn it into cheese cake. Yum :D

So, today I am feeling F.A.B! I am starting to feel my jeans are even looser and I am feeling fitter too. Both hubby and I are feeling very positive because we both exercised yesterday when we really didn't want.

I've taken a picture of the loose bits of my jeans, to remind myself I am making progress.

1378110922097.jpg

I have been tempted to get on the scales to confirm in numbers, especially since you all have started this Saturday weigh in club, but I am going to stick to my guns and wait until 27th.

It's going to be hard as I will want to report in to here and hubby that I am losing in pounds but for now I am happy with 'jeans fit' weigh ins, lol.

Hope you are all having a good day, a new start to the week and a positive one.

I am also going to up my abs part of workout on 30 day shred as that is the part of my body that is the most in need of toning. I already do that part in advanced mode (rest is in beginner level).

I do want to see a dramatic change after the 30 days, but realistically I think that will only come after 3rd or 4th round of 30DS. I'm sure I can fit that many in before Christmas!

I also got 'banish fat, boost metabolism' workout from the same lady. The whole workout is actually 40 mins but main session is broken into '6 minute fixes', so going to tack 1 'fix' on to then end of 30DS workout tonight and I think will work my way through a different fix every night.

Going to be hard but looking forward to the 'burn', lol.

Morning Toni

A fab post, you sound very motivated and ready for action - and well done on the no weighing approach, I swear it will help :)

Great news on the jeans too :D

Lovin your motivation! Go girl!

Apples and blackberries, nom nom, can't wait to introduce berries :) did you make a cheesecake? x

Yes, I made you cheesecake, I must have done something wrong with mine because I made the genache as normal but when I added cream it separated? I whizzed it with a hand whizzer (which I saw a tv chef do once when his mayo split) and it sorted it out for like a few seconds and then separated again. So, because I made a double batch (in tablespoons) I added a whole tub of lidl full fat soft cheese and made a double portion of that. Thanks to you I didn't have even 'a lick of the spoon' of crumble.

On another note the scales have popped their tiresome head up above the parapet. Ugh, I am really angry with myself. I was doing so well and then I crumbled. I am neither here nor there with what I weighed but am no thinking about weighing myself again tomorrow in the am to see what I 'really' weigh. I feel I want to change my weight day to a week from tomorrow (so fortnightly) but don;t know if I am going to have the staying power not to weigh myself. Bad girl! :(

Awww don't worry, it's hard to break the scales addiction - cant expect to do it overnight x

Good thinking Susie, will try that. Haha meg, you're funny. Won't be long and your scales will be able to read you!

I have a hankering for coleslaw today, I am just dying for it! I've had about 300g cabbage (12g carbs, eeek) so far and the mayo too, think I'll have to skip carbs at dinner or I'll go over. It was nice but I could eat it again! Drink more water n step away from the 'slaw Toni.

Back