CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Re: My Atkins diary

Well, is STS, how rubbish is that?! Hand on heart I've not cheated and I may not have been in right frame but I have swam twice a week and feel so gutted. I have 6st11 to go so it's not like I'm near my goal or anything, I'm only 2.5 weeks in?!

I even had a dream the other day that I ate a brownie and was gutted as I would be coming out of ketosis and would have to try again :( I was so sad when I woke up, then remembered it was a dream.

I must be doing something wrong, could it be the bpc? x

Through all my reading (and I have read!!) about Atkins I am positive I read that this is normal. That the first few weeks is losing water and getting into ketosis, then is turns to fat burning and your body may need a few weeks to adjust.... I am positive when reading people's diary's I heard also??? Hope someone who has more knowledge backs that up. X I think you have done this woe to the book, you can be sure of some loss soon x stick with it x

Hi Toni, hmmmm I don't believe it's the bulletproofs because most people have huge success with them and as you know on Atkins it's not calorie counting but keeping carbs down. Are you getting 15g of carbs from veg? Cheese could be the problem, lots of people report stalls due to it. I actually think it could be just down to you being down. Do you know we hold weight more when we are stressed? You have to be happy and relaxed and when we have bad weeks we can stay the same, strange how it works but even on the biggest loser they are the same, if they have a stressful week or they are sad they don't lose much at all and that's after strict food and the biggest gym beastings. Next week will be a good one for you!

Big hugs Toni, I know how disappointed you must be - but what Meg and Lauren say are both true - it could be stress, or just your body adjusting, even though you're doing everything right.

Please don't give up - just have a tinker with your menus - maybe a bit more leafy greens, maybe do without the bpc for a week and see if that makes any difference? Or maybe try a week without cheese?

Sxxx

I think that's pretty normal too, I have done low carb diets a fair few times and always have awesome losses in week 1&2 and then nothing in 3&4..... It's the body just adjusting. Stick with it and you'll get a whooshie soon!! :) Im Preparing myself for a STS this week!! Xx

Thanks guys, you all make so much sense, I will try all your suggestions and I have stuck with it, tho I did have 4 jelly babies yesterday. Oh well, I could have eaten the whole bag, or even 4 bags but I stuck to 4 and was on the straight n narrow the rest of the day.

Hope to have time to catch up on your diaries today. The kids are off playschool this week so no days off for me. They are doing a tag team at night, I am so sleep deprived I left my front door keys in the door yesterday and nearly fell asleep while driving :eek: :( so no driving for me till I get more sleep).

I went to bed as soon as the kids were asleep and hubby wanted a catchup, about 8pm, but then son was up from 3-4.30 and daughter up from 5.45 for the day.

I know they are young but it has to stop, it's killing me.

I have to be honest, it if wasn't for you lovely people's support on here I know that I would have packed it in yesterday, went to Aldi (darn, forgot tinned pumpkin!) and there was so much yummy non Atkins food! x

Oh gosh I know what you mean about Aldi - to get to the meat, etc, I have to walk past a huge aisle of biscuits and chocolate! :eek:

My Atkins diary

Hi Toni, can understand your despair at the kids not sleeping. There's 18 months between my two so been there done it plenty of times, remember all too well being a total zombie from kids not sleeping. They're 4 and 5 now and up EVERY day at 6.30 including weekends - no matter how late they go to bed.

I'm not sure how old your two are but don't know if they're going down for too long in the day? Or if they're old enough to understand those training clocks for kiddies? Best to be persistent and just keep putting them back to bed. For years mine never slept through so I had to sleep in the day when they did just to be able to function properly. Another thing that worked for me was a snack before bed as often they were waking due to hunger (mine were never big eaters and more grazers). Feeling for you Hun x.

Re the sts I agree with everyone else it's nothing your doing wrong it's def gonna be the body regrouping it self. I refer to 'Atkins tips and tricks' sticky.

Hope your getting some sleep soon xx.

Thanks busy, nice to know I'm not alone. As for sleeping too much during day, daughter doesn't at all anymore now (she's 3.5 yo) and I limit son's (he's 1.5yo) to 1 hour a day as I thought that too.

Being doing ok diet wise this week, sticking to it and down mood lifting, hopefully will have a loss this week. X

Hiya Suse, been lurking on everyone's diary and writing on most but not in the mood to write on mine. Not much planned the weekend, DIY and project house makeover probably, how about you?

Monday is my birthday and for some reason I feel a little in the doldrums. I'm not really sure why.

I don't think it's the courgette crisp disaster that has caused this, lol.

I guess I miss my family... They don't live close, not even in the same country (as me or each other, we are a disjointed lot, most families are this day and age, I guess) so I can't see that being the reason... I'm not worried about my age, I'm only 37..

I have so much to be grateful for and I am just not happy. I have a loving husband, two beautiful children - one of each, we've no financial troubles, I'm losing weight, aaaand I feel blurgh...

What the bl#$dy heck is the matter with me?!

My mother always used to say, "without sadness you cannot know joy." Maybe this is just my sadness time...

Oh hun it's awful when you get the blues - I know what you mean about not having family around, mine is over the side of the world.

Have you got any evening primrose tablets in the house? They are good for PMT of course but I also like them for the "meh" days too. Or wine :D

Hiya Suse, been lurking on everyone's diary and writing on most but not in the mood to write on mine. Not much planned the weekend, DIY and project house makeover probably, how about you?

Monday is my birthday and for some reason I feel a little in the doldrums. I'm not really sure why.

I don't think it's the courgette crisp disaster that has caused this, lol.

I guess I miss my family... They don't live close, not even in the same country (as me or each other, we are a disjointed lot, most families are this day and age, I guess) so I can't see that being the reason... I'm not worried about my age, I'm only 37..

I have so much to be grateful for and I am just not happy. I have a loving husband, two beautiful children - one of each, we've no financial troubles, I'm losing weight, aaaand I feel blurgh...

What the bl#$dy heck is the matter with me?!

My mother always used to say, "without sadness you cannot know joy." Maybe this is just my sadness time...

my goodness Toni, this post struck a cord with me, you don't feel like doing your own diary but will take time to write on others, I think you have the case of putting others first setting in. You have to be selfish and do your own then if there is time left read and reply on others. I know what you mean though and I get like that sometimes.

As for feeling blerghhhh and birthday coming up (happy birthday!!!) your mam is right sometimes we need sadness to really appreciate the good times. Do you feel like you are flatlining through life at the moment? I get like this with no real reason to be down, it's not nice and I feel directionless. Chin up honey, it will pass.

Thanks Lauren, I seem to always be doing that, putting others first, gotten me feeling used and sad in the past and it was only me to blame, cause I give too much. A lesson I thought I learned but am still doing it on here! Wake up Toni! :D

But, I am feeling more 'chipper' today, amazing since I just finished phase 1 of 30 day Shred!! Boy was it hard but I am going to start doing this video daily until I can move to level 2, and then 3, see how much weight I can lose in 30 days!! Anyone wanna join me? I have just bought the dvd (about a fiver including delivery for a used copy off amazon), but you can get them on utube for free, all 3!!

I'm going to start a new thread with this challenge and going to dare anyone to put their before pictures. I am going to put mine up *cringe* and it will motivate and spur me on.

So, off to start that new thread and have a shower and then the rest of the day!

So pleased you're shrugging off the blues, hun - must be all those exercise endorphins :D

Good luck with the shred - I'll cheer you on from the sidelines! xx

So, a 1lb loss for me. A little dissapointed if I'm honest as I thought I'd have lost more this week but am ok as the jeans I couldn't even put on a month ago are starting to have 'empty pockets' (a polish expression I learned from a friends, you know, when they're loose on you and not skin tight) :D and also I have amped up the exercise so I am attributing some of that to water retention/muscle gain. Like Teeney did when she was doing all that exercise and losing, then had a whoosh! (I live in hope!). I have yet to measure, I know I will see a difference there as my clothes are looser!

I am on day 3 of 30 day shred and have had a good response, I think 3 other ladies are doing it too which I am stoked about, more motivation for me! (and Susie's cheering from the sidelines, always a bonus!)

Hope y'all have a good day, sun is struggling to break through the clouds this am but it can do it! Go Sun!! :D

So, a 1lb loss for me. A little dissapointed if I'm honest as I thought I'd have lost more this week but am ok as the jeans I couldn't even put on a month ago are starting to have 'empty pockets' (a polish expression I learned from a friends, you know, when they're loose on you and not skin tight) :D and also I have amped up the exercise so I am attributing some of that to water retention/muscle gain. Like Teeney did when she was doing all that exercise and losing, then had a whoosh! (I live in hope!). I have yet to measure, I know I will see a difference there as my clothes are looser!

I am on day 3 of 30 day shred and have had a good response, I think 3 other ladies are doing it too which I am stoked about, more motivation for me! (and Susie's cheering from the sidelines, always a bonus!)

Hope y'all have a good day, sun is struggling to break through the clouds this am but it can do it! Go Sun!! :D

I wish it was like that :) the exercise will do not harm and as my OH keeps telling me the health benefits outweigh everything else! I need to get back in the zone!
Well done on the lb! Every little helps ;-) x

Back