CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Sound like you have def lost the inches. Can't wait for empty pockets!!!!! Xxx keep at it. When I have lost a lot more i may look into this 30 day shred! I prob would do more harm than good if tried now x

Sorry, I meant doing all the exercise and not losing and then you had a woosh! As you say, exercise won't hurt and good for you, just wish I saw bigger difference in the scales!

You're welcome to join me on 30 day shred!! :D x

I done 30ds a couple of times, first week good then everything ground to a halt. Going to get back on kettlenetics. Like the idea of adding pics on the thread though (strange women eh?!?) x

Re: My Atkins diary

Good for you getting back to the kettle bells! Exercise def good for us, slim and healthy better thank skinny n sick any day of the week!

Yeah, the pics. Tbh hubby can't get his head around me posting my pic on there. I've tried to explain that for me that is like my motivator to get results in that time frame! I'll be posting update every 2 weeks (6 days on, 1 rest day) and I'll feel foolish if the next pic I post will show no improvement, I want to look at those pics and say, hell, I can see a difference!

I am so determined and amped up to do this, long may it last!

Hi everyone, I honestly thought I was going to fall by the wayside with my 30 day challenge today. I managed to eat well but what a day!

The two kids and I went by train (with a friend and his two kids) to the seaside, missed our connection due to the rail company (they are so PANTS!) had to wait an hour for the next one. We had a great but exhausting day at the beach and returned home at 17.15, there's me, straight in kitchen, making dinner, bathing sand bunnies, getting them in PJs and I was absolutely shattered.

Then I still had to do my workout. I was so tempted to go straight to bed. But I did it and I'm proud of myself.

I really hope I am going to have a good loss on Tuesday, if I have another week of sts or 1lb off I am going to have to reassess what I am doing. I must be doing something wrong, why is the weight so stubborn this time?! I am feeling similar to Kimmi atm, frustration that I am doing so much and seeing so few results. But, if I look at it this way, been doing Atkins for about 4 weeks now n lost 10lb, nothing to sniff at, I guess.

Talking of sniffing things, I am due a shower, so good night y'all and catch up tomorrow xox

I'm feeding back your own advice missy!!! Stick to it, you can do it, we can do it!!! Your post has made me do my shred.... If you can squeeze it in with a young family, then I have no excuse!!! Xx

Thanks you guys, of course you make a lot of sense and when started dieting (with hubby), we both agreed that we'd not expect massive losses and it would tale us a year or so to lose the weight. Of course hubby has lost more than me, he always does, peeving me off slightly, if I'm honest. But look at the big picture Toni, and like Sadieley said, I'd be eating vast amount of mush! Let's do this Kimmi, yeah!

Thanks you guys, of course you make a lot of sense and when started dieting (with hubby), we both agreed that we'd not expect massive losses and it would tale us a year or so to lose the weight. Of course hubby has lost more than me, he always does, peeving me off slightly, if I'm honest. But look at the big picture Toni, and like Sadieley said, I'd be eating vast amount of mush! Let's do this Kimmi, yeah!

Men are completely irritating on Atkins - they always lose more consistently and quicker on low carb than women and it's not fair! :)

Visualise 10lbs of butter and then say "Bye bye 10lbs", because that's what you've achieved! My loss is a lot slower too this time but I'm happy chugging along, if I get a 1lb loss each week, that's Ok.

Kellmo just shared this on Kimmi's diary and I thought I would add it to my diary as made so much sense. Was doing the breakfast dishes and was thinking should Google why I'm not losing and Kellmo posted the answer.

http://exercise.about.com/b/2012/01...he-week-you-might-gain-weight-temporarily.htm

So I've made a decision, NO MORE WEIGHING TILL I FINISH MY 30 DAY SHRED. Me not losing or losing a little is not having an affect on what I eat, I haven't cheated and I am determined to stick to Atkins to lose weight and combat my Candida, I can def see a difference, the symptoms are nearly gone. It is having an emotional and effect on me and bringing me down and demotivating me. I don't want to be disappointed at some stupid numbers when I am feeling so fab.

So, my weigh in day is usually Tuesday but I am now scales free till 27th Sept. *gulp*

Last edited:

I don't get to exercise much due to an injury at the moment but am staying focused and trying not to get hung up by my slow weight loss.. it's a long term plan for me.... Low carb pros outweigh any cons. I don't cheat but do probably have too much cream, cheese and Atkins choc but I don't beat myself up about it, I enjoy it at the time, tell myself it will probabley slow things down but I start again clean and green the next day. We don't get overweight overnight and it will take just as long too lose of. So for every week I lose 1lb, it's a lb closer to my goal, so I am almost 2 stone down and probably another 3 stone to go...... X

Inspiring words Sadieley and it reminds me that
a) it'll take a while to shift this, I've been adding to it for a few years now, won't happen overnight (though I've said it I don't think I really believed it, secretly thought nah, Atkins gonna get me to my goal weight after a week!)
b) I feel tons better with low carbs and happy I finally made the switch again and
c) we have to live our lives, as this is a woe rather than a diet. So maybe we indulge in too much cheese one day but that is our indulgence and not a sugar bun or chocolate. Maybe I need to add more of the indulgences into my life and enjoy more. Hope you have a fab night

Last edited:
Yay!

What a fab idea - ditch the scales they're messing with our minds - i might just join you xx

Thanks Toni,

like I said on the other thread I firmly believe it will work given enough time. Hide your scales or get someone to look after them for you to stop you being tempted. I might get hubby to put my scales on the shelf ( I'm only 5 foot and I can't reach them then lol) xx

Back