Cosmopolitan Discussion thread

Beccubug

Silver Member
Has anyone ever read some of the discussions on the Cosmo website? As soon as someone posts anything about weight they all jump down each others throats. I am really amazed that women can be so mean to each other especially when you see a discussion forum like this one where I don't think I have ever read a nasty word against someone else.

Hell hath no fury like a woman who does not want to be overweight!!!

You are right - this is a fantastic site for support and help on our weight loss journeys.

I read a thread earlier where this girl said that at 5'3" and a size ten you were chunky, she didn't really get away with it Ihave to say but seriously where do these people come from. Perfect land...

never heared of this site... be interestign to read.. do you have a link ?

Horrible people obsessed with themselves (not that I've read it), we can all remain smug and nice over here without them....

You have to go onto the 2nd or 3rd ish page of threads before it's there.

It's so stoopid! Can't beleive how judgemental and cruel some people are making sweeping generalisations that just aren't true!!

Oh lordy, i've just read that thread. That's made me hot under the collar, and for the wrong reasons.
5'2", size 10 - stocky????? What is that person on???

Cosmopolitan :: Fat or thin........???

Amethyst, this is the particularly bad thread.

There are some proper know it alls on the forum, especially the ones that go on and on about healthy eating and excercise as being the only way you can lose weight, I am really quite tempted to join to post a thread about Cambridge just to see how they react, I'd love to see them say it's unhealthy.

Oh lordy, i've just read that thread. That's made me hot under the collar, and for the wrong reasons.
5'2", size 10 - stocky????? What is that person on???

It's quite amazing really, her complete reliance on BMI is amazing as well, we all know the importance of BMI as a guideline but to base everything on it is really quite stupid.

ah reading it now!!

she sounds like a right spilt brat! ya know of the american movies where you get a spoilt brat at a pagment or something, snotty nose? someone who you feel like giving a slap too!!

and as for her liking posh's body uchy thats the most gross comment i have ever heared! i think posh is discusting and needs to gain atleast 2 stone!

and charlotte church has a lovely body, good on her for not caring!!

would love to reply to this thread, am on page 2 lol

If you google CD i think there is a thread on there which says just that! I may be wrong...........

Nope take a look

Cosmopolitan :: CAMBRIDGE DIET

Cosmopolitan :: Fat or thin........???

Amethyst, this is the particularly bad thread.

There are some proper know it alls on the forum, especially the ones that go on and on about healthy eating and excercise as being the only way you can lose weight, I am really quite tempted to join to post a thread about Cambridge just to see how they react, I'd love to see them say it's unhealthy.

go for it lol :D

Horrible people obsessed with themselves (not that I've read it), we can all remain smug and nice over here without them....

You are absolutely right. They just have no idea it seems that being supportive like everyone on this thread is so much more helpful than just telling people if they are overweight they are lazy.

There is a massive divide on it aswell between "thin" and "fat" people. Can you imagine if when people got to goal minis banished them from posting on the thread and got all exclusionary...

If you google CD i think there is a thread on there which says just that! I may be wrong...........

Nope take a look

Cosmopolitan :: CAMBRIDGE DIET

Just read it, nice bit of judgement there form someone saying they actually looked at the website then said you go into starvation mode. She obviously didn't look very hard. I love the fact that the CD dieters basically told her she was an idiot, particularly loved the alcoholic comment. They really seem to have no idea of the addictive aspect of food, do they really think more than half of the country that is overweight are just lazy??

ah reading it now!!

she sounds like a right spilt brat! ya know of the american movies where you get a spoilt brat at a pagment or something, snotty nose? someone who you feel like giving a slap too!!

and as for her liking posh's body uchy thats the most gross comment i have ever heared! i think posh is discusting and needs to gain atleast 2 stone!

and charlotte church has a lovely body, good on her for not caring!!

would love to reply to this thread, am on page 2 lol

I was going to aswell but they really don't want to hear anyone elses opinion and they are actually trying to get the thread removed because it has been going on for so long. She really does sound like a brat you are right, she actually has no clue what the hell she is talking about.

Lol well I read 10 pages then got bored... I have to say altho I am totally anti any bitchiness on forums I am glad that the people who she offended stood up for themselves- I was cheering them on inside my head.

My only opinion on this is that it is worrying that some people think that ALL people should have the lowest possible BMI to be perfect... and ironic that this came from a fashion student. No wonder young girls who are influenced by fashion feel they are less than perfect if they are not "5'8'' and a size 6"... dont get me wrong I would LOVE to be slimmer but I would be happy as long as Im within the healthy range. Being at the bottom or the top doesnt make you any more or less 'perfect'.

Ahhh that feels better, needed to unload the tension I felt after reading that massive thread/argument!! Lol
xxx

That's why I posted about it too, I was so worked up. I was really glad they stood up for themselves too but the annoying thing is she made a couple of half hearted apologies towards the end and those people started to stick up for her then.

You are absolutely right, if you get to the weight you want to be and your BMI is still technically showing you as overweight it doesn't mean anything, this should all be about how comfortable we feel within ourselves. Ok so if your health is at risk you should do something about it but if you are happy at a size 6 or a 26 that is entirely your choice.

I was really offended by some of her comments, mainly because when you work so hard to lose weight as we all have and then someone says that someone of my height and a size smaller than me is still not good enough I want to punch them frankly. I'm all for freedom of speech but I really do draw the line at absolute ignorant stupidity.

Back