Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

I did a 8k walk yesterday with the dog if it qualifies for this thread?

MrsLmc said:
Hiya girls, still here although haven't been on much. I've done a few more 5k jogs and even did a 6.5k jog yesterday, training now for a 10k eeeekkkk xx

Well done hon, inspiring stuff :) I've managed 6km but nothing over that yet. I can jog for 40mins but I am finding it tough! X

sarah88 said:
I did a 8k walk yesterday with the dog if it qualifies for this thread?

That's brill, how long did it take you? You ever thought of starting a wee bit of jogging? X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Hi everyone not been on here for a while.well i finished the c25k program,so pleased with myself.i ve just been doing a 30 min run 3 mornings a week since completing it.its not 5k though i did notice,only about 4,still only running at 6.8 but i guess in time i can build that up.i will try running for longer in the school hols to try and do 5k but im pushed for time in the morns before i go to work.its better than nothing!fab program though so pleased i done it.x

Hey all

Well I haven't been doing this for a good few weeks now... :( I am focusing on the gym at the moment... I will maybe get back to it this week :D xx

Hey all haven't updated in ages...now up to week 3, completed day 2 today, enjoying it but dreading the 5min run next week :/

starkissedx said:
Hey all haven't updated in ages...now up to week 3, completed day 2 today, enjoying it but dreading the 5min run next week :/

That's fantastic, keep it up hon. Don't worry about what's to come... You'll be well fit for it by next week, just take it nice and slow and let your mind wander while you run rather than focusing on the time (I find myself fighting my instinct to stop running). Just keep telling yourself you _can_ do it ;) x

Thanks Sarah week 3 day 3 complete this morning. Was my first run in nice sunny weather too ha, spring has sprung finally. Really enjoyed it!

Hope u are all well :D x

starkissedx said:
Thanks Sarah week 3 day 3 complete this morning. Was my first run in nice sunny weather too ha, spring has sprung finally. Really enjoyed it!

Excellent, well done!

I'm well Carly, hope you are. Starting training for 10k this week ;) x

How exciting :) u can do it!! X

Joined a gym this week and been twice since I joined :) today did week 4 day 2 run was alot harder in warmer weather but I managed it...week5 looks scary. Was tempted to continue my running in the gym but iv read its easier on a treadmill and I want to do a 5k outside so gonna stick with outside as it also let's me clear my head

Best stick with outside... You could do 1 workout a week on treadmill and the other 2 outside, that'd probably be fine :) Don't worry about week 5, I used to worry when I looked ahead but found when the time came I was able to do it!
I've started bridge to 10k. Done 2 days so far, its tough going!!

I looked it up and it looks hard! I did my sports relief mile yesterday at the gym, wouldn't have been able to do that this time last year :)

Yeah it's tough but I want to do it ;) Can't imagine being able to jog for 60 mins though. Think I banjaxed my leg lol, the calf on my left leg is aching like mad!
That's class hon, that's why I like c25k. Builds you up nice and slow so you don't do too much and end up giving up. It's excellent when you have little goals like that to aim for. Have you thought of signing up for a 5k and working towards it? X

You can do it! If I manage to do the 5k, oh said he would train with me for the 10k as he is fit anyways and would help me along. I have looked an there's none on near me I can find! Nearest race for life is in belfast and its women really who do it and I'd want to do with my my bf...so idk! Other than that I haven't saw any near me! It's strange!

Owee calf sounds sore, it's the Warmer weather that was going for me today, this country isn't used to these nice days ha! Plus I have asthma and for first time my chest was hurting abit. Also my running legging things keeps falling down when I run so im constantly having to yank them up every few yards ha. So it's me with iPhone in one hand, inhaler and water bottle in other hand trying to find away to keep my trousers on the whole way! Must be a sight ;) ha

starkissedx said:
You can do it! If I manage to do the 5k, oh said he would train with me for the 10k as he is fit anyways and would help me along. I have looked an there's none on near me I can find! Nearest race for life is in belfast and its women really who do it and I'd want to do with my my bf...so idk! Other than that I haven't saw any near me! It's strange!

Owee calf sounds sore, it's the Warmer weather that was going for me today, this country isn't used to these nice days ha! Plus I have asthma and for first time my chest was hurting abit. Also my running legging things keeps falling down when I run so im constantly having to yank them up every few yards ha. So it's me with iPhone in one hand, inhaler and water bottle in other hand trying to find away to keep my trousers on the whole way! Must be a sight ;) ha

You should do the race for life! You don't needed your OH to do it with you but you could bring him along to cheer you on :) I'm doing pieta house 5k run in may (I'm not sure if they do this one in the north but I'll check). I'm dreading the mini marathon lol, I'm finding 40 mins jogging hard enough but I'm gonna keep at it!

Lol its roasting here today so I didn't go out jogging, I might go early tomorrow morning. Lol I have legging things that fall down when I run too!! I don't bring water cuz it does me head in carrying it hehe. I've been braving a pair of shorts last few times I went out because they have a string I can tighten so they don't fall down... Plus it's too warm for trackies.

Today was my rest day, but I walked alot round the coast...I feel the need to do some form of exercise these days if it be the c25k, gym or walking...it must be the new me ha ;)

I need to get more exercise gear, I wear the leggings, just knee length ones but id like a pair of shorts. Dreading it being warm again tomorrow for my run but gonna go out first thing and hopefully all will be ok, last day of week 4!

Well done guys :) u are awesome!! X

Back