Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

zi-ann said:
Ok, call me stupid lol .. but been looking at the tredmill one, as i have a tredmill, and i dont get it:confused: lol
the 5.00 to 6.00 run etc .. does that mean i have to run for an hour, and then walk for an hour? and do we have to finish the whole thing? ie .. 5.00 to 30.00? .. i would really like to try this, sorry for beeing so dumb lol

No no hon that's your time in minutes. See from 00:00 to 5:00 is your 5 min warmup walk. Then from 5:00 to 6:00 is 1 minute of jogging, 6:00 to 7:30 is 1 min 30 secs walk then 7:30 to 8:30 is 1 minute jogging and so on and on for 20 mins (it constantly alternates between walking and jogging to build you up slowly). You do the whole 30 minutes yes (10 mins of that is the warmup & cool down walk)
Hope that helped a bit, do you have anything you can download one of the apps on maybe? It might be clearer than the way I'm trying to explain. Xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Thanks ... you explained it perfectaly :) ... i am going to start this tomorow, but will only be able to do 1 week as am on holiday the first week of june

IM on week 5 now going great =] amd i love it and its making me have amazing losses. =]

Do you need do it every day?

Nooooooo you will burn yourself out. do a day then miss a day. so every other day basically. =]

First day was a failure ..just couldnt do it .. really let myself down :(

right i purchased this app on my phone when i started WW............4 weeks ago!!! and i havent used it once!!! i need to get on this!!!!! i think tomo will be my day one......ahh im scared lol!!! right everyone be honest with me how hard is it?! when i used to go gym (bout 3 months ago) i used to do 2 min walk warm up then run 10-12mins at 8.5kph and then 2 mins walk and then 5 min run at between 8.5 - 10 kph

i have lost weight since then.......doesnt mean im fitter lol!!!

xxx

I think you'll be fine. I'm up to week 4 now and i've been at week 3 for 3 weeks now haha i jst can not do week 4 x

Hey, I'm joining you all .... If I say it on here I can't wimp out can I?! x

Minnie2be said:
Hey, I'm joining you all .... If I say it on here I can't wimp out can I?! x

Lol nope, I'll be on your case now to see how you're getting on ;) When are you planning to start? X

Tonight....eeeek! Hoping that it cools down first x

Does it give any instructions or do I have to keep my eye on my phone? x

No it'll beep and talk to you etc. telling you when to jog/walk. Take it handy on the jogs, just slightly faster than you walk - don't be sprinting or you'll get out of puff too fast lol x

Wooo...completed day 1 and did 2 miles...I'm shattered!! Woooohooo-proud of myself!! :)

Excellent, well done ladies :) so proud of ye for starting up!! I did a 2mile jog tonight a part of a running club I just joined. Could've done another mile but we're starting off slow for the walkers & beginners :) Woop x

azwethinkweiz said:
Excellent, well done ladies :) so proud of ye for starting up!! I did a 2mile jog tonight a part of a running club I just joined. Could've done another mile but we're starting off slow for the walkers & beginners :) Woop x

Thanks I'm so determined this time. Could you not have went round yourself and done an extra mile? X

claireb10 said:
Thanks I'm so determined this time. Could you not have went round yourself and done an extra mile? X
Excellent, you need that determination :) x
Nah we're supposed to do as the schedule says and not over exert ourselves. It'll be 3miles next week! Plus I have the mini marathon on Monday (10km) so trying to stick to 2mile runs this week :)

azwethinkweiz said:
Excellent, you need that determination :) x
Nah we're supposed to do as the schedule says and not over exert ourselves. It'll be 3miles next week! Plus I have the mini marathon on Monday (10km) so trying to stick to 2mile runs this week :)

All that running will more than make up for it! How long ago did u start the c25k because the 10k is my aim but building myself up and have a 10k in september x

claireb10 said:
All that running will more than make up for it! How long ago did u start the c25k because the 10k is my aim but building myself up and have a 10k in september x

I started in november last year, took a wee break at xmas & finished it in february (I think). You should be ok for a 10k in september. I injured myself in April so had to take a break from my 10k training. There is a Bridge to 10k app for after the C25k one that's 6 weeks long, have you seen that? X

Back