Couch to 5km - c25k

I'm so having a go at this!! I'm hoping my lungs will have cleared enough by sept to start (just quit a 20 a day habit lol) I detest running as it HURTS and I can't breathe so hopefully now I'm not a smoker it will just hurt!! :) but I wanna start running round a local lake before the weather gets too horrid!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Out of interest which apps are ya all using for this? Had a looksee and there's several to choose from!!

I must get an iPhone, I must get an iPhone... If I click my heels together will one appear???? :eek:

Legomom, I'm using the couch to 5k app which is fab!

Just completed week 2 day 2, we have been doin the same route and we were 2 minutes quicker today so had to alter route :)

I'm using a free one it's 5ktraining. It's straight forward so doesn't confuse me :)

LittleSis said:
I must get an iPhone, I must get an iPhone... If I click my heels together will one appear???? :eek:

I hated mine for weeks (couldnt get used to touch screen typing) but now I would possibly save the phone before my husband in an emergency.......and I almost never use a PC anymore. It's all on the blessed iPhone :)

Legomom said:
I hated mine for weeks (couldnt get used to touch screen typing) but now I would possibly save the phone before my husband in an emergency.......and I almost never use a PC anymore. It's all on the blessed iPhone :)

I agree such a great phone :) xx

Hope your brothers O.K.

I've downloaded the C25K program and if I feel very brave :eek: I'll start it Sunday :)

I can't tell you how fantastic running is - I started a version of C25k 8 weeks ago and have been twice a week (mostly) - I've had a few bad days at work so needed a stress busting session - I did 10 mins run 2 mins walk for .........10k - can't believe it!

Stick with it and the fitness levels build amazingly well!

Lovehatecarbs said:
I can't tell you how fantastic running is - I started a version of C25k 8 weeks ago and have been twice a week (mostly) - I've had a few bad days at work so needed a stress busting session - I did 10 mins run 2 mins walk for .........10k - can't believe it!

Stick with it and the fitness levels build amazingly well!

That's an awesome result in only 8 weeks, can't wait till I'm at that stage!!

Should of done week 2 day 3 today but had a fake tan done for a wedding tomorrow and they recommend not to sweat too much in case it runs.. Gutted I can't do it!! Will have to make up for it Sunday x

Ye are all doing really well ... Wohoo us
I just did W2D1 definitely noticed the 30 second difference , the 3rd last one really worked my calfs. Not that it's over im delighted I managed to finish it... Looking forward to D2 on Sunday ..

xsarahx said:
I don't know if I should do my next run today. I think I might save it for tomorrow as I ran yesterday. Do you all make sure you have a break? X

Depends on your general fitness - if you ache or find the stage you are at very very tough - eg like me I was very dizzy and faint to start with - then have a break. However if you don't ache and feel up for it - go for it!!!!

you should really only do running 3x a week, especially if you hold any weight at all. My mum used to run when she was younger, and she's wrecked her knees from it (she was a very slim lady at the time too!) so just be careful to take care of your joints folks!

I started doing c25k for my warm up, got a wee bit over half way on W1D1 and had to stop sadly... but I have done other training as well so I don't mind so much. My body doesn't seem to be able to handle working on one area of my body for too long (in this case legs, and knees) so I'll probably take longer to build up to it than most people. Given that I do have arthritis I'm just gonna have to accept that. Oh and the fact I'm 18 odd stone. Gonna keep working at W1D1 'til I crack it.

It's funny how I can do a spin class for 45 minutes but I can only pass 10, maybe 15 minutes on a treadmill.... oh well.

Week 2 day 3 completed.. Gonna move on to week 3 today but I'm not looking forward to the 3 minute runs :)

Back