Could do with some words of wisdom..

Determined Girl

Here's hoping
Hey gang,

Well I think we're all feeling a bit down. I don't know. Got my 2nd WI on tues but it feels a million years away. Feeling really down today for some reason. I think it's that every social situation seems to revolve around food and/or drink and I feel darned miserable that I can't be part of it!! I know it's not forever etc...but I think today is my most depressed day yet. I can live with being hungry virtually all the time...but I just feel like I've got SUCH a long road ahead of me and to get to it seems so tough...maybe too tough. I'm looking at my name 'Determined Girl' and yet I'm really not feeling too strong today.

I dunno. Maybe it's the weather or something... I just feel rubbish and could do with a little pick me up from you guys. I think I would almost certainly have quit if it wasn't for this place

Luce xx

Hi,
sorry you are feeling like that but to look at what you said about how you can live with being hungry, I wonder are you deep into ketosis yet. My chemist told me it can take up to 2 weeks to be fully in when you are larger, as I was at the start.
I had a shaky start, not hungry but felt a sense of dread like something awful was going to happen to me, it didn't as you know but I was panicked by it and didn't enjoy the first 2 weeks at all. However at the size I was, which was just a bit over your start weight I knew I had to take drastic action and this diet was it!!!! I am ever so glad I decided to stick it out.
The compliments alone, which I now love, are fab, way better than cake as I always say. People used to tell me I looked nice etc in the past on a day out etc but I never felt it or believed it and felt they were being polite. I now believe them and it gives me a great sense of pride in what I do to achieve this weight loss.
I don't care what anyone says I did not look good as a 20 stone 5lb woman. I looked like a 20 stone 5lb woman and that does not look good on anyone. I defy anyone to tell me different, unless that is that you have lost weight and were once over that size but heading into a healthier weight bracket.
Social situations are difficult, of course they are, this was never going to be easy. However, the way I look at it is that if now I was in a restaurant and ordered food no one would give me much notice but at nearly 6 stone over my current weight I would have been watched to see what I ordered. I am by no means skinny, still obese according to my BMI but feeling better for getting to 14 stone 13lb than I did at my higher weight.
I don't want this to sound like a speech from the dock but I know from your earlier posts how much you want this and we have discussed on here how we can sabotage ourselves by treating ourselves when we lose a certain ammount. You are worth losing this weight for, so believe that and you will get through today and that weigh in on Tuesday will only be a day away tomorrow so drink the water, have a shake if you still have one left to take and believe in yourself.
Strong women unite!!!!
Doirin

Oh hun I know how you feel I was crying last night coz my boyfriend went out for a meal and I just stayed at home coz again everything revolves around food!!!!! But we are doing it for a reason and u know what, last night when i was crying and depressed coz i couldnt eat i got out a piece of paper that i printed off this site , IT WAS THE THINGS YOU WROTE THE OTHER DAY REASONS WE ARE DOING THIS!!!!! and after I had read those I felt a lot better, mabye you should re-read them and hopefully you will feel better......

Loads of hugs your way, you doing great xxxxx

Hi,

You have done so well so far babe! You are encouraging so many people here, and you are determined and positive.

The week or 2 of TFR is hard!! Once you get week 3 over you..... wow... you will find it is soooo normal!!

You have so many great experiences ahead of you, and everytime something happens it spurs you on and makes the journey so much easier.

You just got to hang in there over the next few weeks, as it is natural to have the odd down day and find it tought. It will be sooo worth it.

Just think how you will feel when your clothes actually fall off you, when you move down dress sizes, when your wear that favourite top in a smaller size, when you meet someone and their mouth drops open cos you look so amazing, when you look in the mirror and go wow!

You have so many good times ahead! :)

Baths, Walks, and Good Books, Pamper sessions all give you something to manage your moods. Build new strategies to deal with it and these will stand by you.

You will soon find that you can go out with your friends and enjoy a sparkling water and have a laugh and it wont even bother you that everyone is eating!!!

It does get easier, almost too easy! You can see many people do it for 10, 20 weeks or more.... Just take it day at a time, and dont think too hard ahead.. I did it for 13 weeks, but if flew in, really quickly, every day is an achievement, feel proud of it and wake up knowing you are thinner than the day before. :D

Hey am on my 3rd week now! I know how you feel the smell of food makes you think god i'll sack this diet off just give me that chicken!

But as you think this give yourself 30seconds thats all you need to remember why your doing this diet, think of yourself in a few months and imagine how you will look, and how fab you will feel ...The craving soon goes.

Awww girls thank you so so much... you're all absolutely right. Doirin- you really touched a nerve. It's believing that I'm worth losing the weight for. It's 99% psychological with me and what you said has really helped.

Kaijo, Julzie, Charl- thanks for the positivity. It makes all the difference girls

xxx

you have been so supportive of me since i started posting, your a wonderful person.
i know wat you mean i dont feel as connected to people even my family as i do not hang around wen there eating i just leave or go upstairs.
but you are on a difficult journey rite now, but wat you are achieving is so much more fulfilling than a drink or a piece of food( for the little you could swallow at this stage:))

so hun continue on because the time will fly by and then you can accept your prize to yourself and feel truly deserving of that.
i hope this was helpful,
good luck determined girl you can do it xXx

Hey foxy

Yes...that WAS helpful- thank you hun. It's a funny feeling not being able to eat...it feels lonely in a very weird way. When food has been a big part of your life (clearly has for me or I wouldn't be this size lol!) it feels really strange not cooking or eating. But as you say... losing weight will feel better than the taste of anything I could have right now!

x

hi just seen what you lost on your first week that's amazing well done girl just focus on what you want i am just starting and i it is hard but just think of the result you know your worth it chine up.

Keep strong hun, you will start to feel better, physically and mentally, and all the positive comments you WILL receive will keep you going. Like someone earlier said, it can be a lonely journey, when you se people eating, shopping for their food, and they are take it for granted that they can have a wonderful meal and we just have to live off shakes, but I wouldn't swap what I am doing for the world. I feel so happy that I found this diet, as I would not achieved this weight loss in the short amount of time doing anything else. We are not alone because we have each other, we know what each minute of each day is like. I have every confidence in you, and I promise, you will start to feel better soon. Keep going, and enjoy the new you that will start to evolve.

ahhh... as ever this forum is my inspiration and motivation

Thank you sooooooooo much

x

It helps definitely, but it is the individual that does all the hard work! Be proud of yourself.

-hugs- Hope ur feeling better now x

Hey Luce!

*Hugs* I know your type - You try to be strong for everyone else and forget about yourself eh? Am I right?

You are a wonderful, kind selfless person who needs to put herself at number one in her list of priorities. You deserve to be healthy, happy and slim. You deserve to be the belle of the ball. You deserve to be the person who everyone stops and stares at when she enters a room (for the right reasons!) You deserve to be the person who inspires people. You deserve to be the one people look up to (you're already these things but I expect in your mind you're not) Most of all you deserve to be the person you've always wanted to be.

Do what I do in regard to social eating/drinking - Stand there head up high and feel ever so strong and powerful. Stand there knowing that whatever is thrown at you, you'll resist because you're the ultimate DETERMINED GIRL. People will be in awe at your will-power. People will respect you for taking care of yourself!

*sings* The road is long, with many a winding turn that leads us to slimdom, slimdom. But you're strong, strong enough to carry through. You ain't heavy, you're on Lipo!

Haha! I'm such a ****!

Chin up sweetie. You'll be a superstar tomorrow just as you were last week!

X

Awwww Betsy-

you bloody lovely girl! That message has made my day and turned my foul mood into a good one! Thank you so much!!!!

You're a total sunbeam m'dear. What would I do without you?!

x

Hang in there Determined Girl. Remember that high number that was on the scales when you started - you don't wanna go back there!!! We all have these down times but coming on here and seeing others going through similar things helps a lot because we all understand exactly what you are going through. God only knows how many times we will feel like this on this LT train but we will all get through it and become sylph like and more beautiful than we have ever been before.

Try to remember the positives on this: that we are losing weight more quickly than any other plan we might have been on before. Our health is improving daily, we are looking better daily, our clothes fit us better and finally we are doing something for us and no one else. :D

Hang in babes one day at a time, even one "meal" at a time and the feelings soon pass and things look brighter the next day.

You have done so well so far it would be a shame to ruin it all now :D

Dear Luce, I do hope you are feeling better today. I agree with everything every else has written about you, when you first started posting I thought to myself, there goes a girl who knows what she wants and will achieve it I still believe that. I started last April with a similar amount to lose. Before I found this forum I had said I would do LT for 7 weeks as a kick start but with the help and support of wonderful people on here I found myself on LT for over 30 weeks and was thrilled to get into the 9's - somewhere I hadn't been since a teenager! Stupidly I gained weight due to life chaos and not looking after myself and here I am back again. We all have ups and downs in our moods, we are slaves to our bally hormones, but we can weather them and succeed. You have made a fantastic start and I can see from your avatar that you are a stunning looking young ladies, as the weight comes off you are going to find yourself with a lot of male attention - and quite rightly too! I remember getting my first ever wolf whistle! OMG I was on such a high.

You can do it, your name says that and your determination and wonderful upbeat personality will help you.

Good luck hun.

x

Cuddlyfairy- I am blown away that whilst you are going through incredible personal difficulties you are still able to come on here and offer support like you just have for me. Thank you so much

You are a very, very special lady

x

Awww I love everyone in here *group hug* The loveliest people on the internet. I love reading all the advice as it always hits home.

Luce you'd carry on regardless without me as you're a super duper determined, inspiring, motivational sweetie (I could go on but then we would have to be married and I have to get divorced first) :D

Cuddlyfairy- I am blown away that whilst you are going through incredible personal difficulties you are still able to come on here and offer support like you just have for me. Thank you so much

You are a very, very special lady

x

Luce, it is the wonderful people like you on here that are getting me through this horrible time, I'm here to keep the fact that I have to ring my sister as soon as she gets home from her holiday (in about 2 hours) and tell her the news off my mind.

This forum has helped me through lots of ups and downs and I like to give something back.

You are a breath of fresh air on here and your positiveness has got a lot of us through rough times, whether they be diet-related or otherwise.

You are doing so well hunny, I look forward to seeing your target photos - somehow I don't think I'll have long to wait!

xxxx

Back