Could JUDDD be my Xmas saviour?

Sounds great, you are doing better than I am....started today as a down day, went to drop a card at a friends and was tempted into trying her home made Stollen....that was the end of my DD, now just going to try & keep it a low day & the same tomorrow!!! Have a great Xmas!

Sounds great, you are doing better than I am....started today as a down day, went to drop a card at a friends and was tempted into trying her home made Stollen....that was the end of my DD, now just going to try & keep it a low day & the same tomorrow!!! Have a great Xmas!
I think I might turn tomorrow into a lowish day as well. Still getting used to it and as far as I can figure you need the bounce between the low and the high days to get the receptor gene to switch on - but will see how far I get. It's a long way from previous years when I'd have done three times the shopping, drank most eves and eaten all before me everywhere I went.
Have a great Christmas too - here's to the ups and the downs ;)

Food So Far today - lunch 175 cals
Low Cup a Soup - 43 cals
Dinner - homemade broth with carrots, sweet potato, leek and cauli - 200 cals for 1 1/2 bowls.
Herbal tea - 3 = 6 cals
Water.

So much for my next low day - I ate so much white pudding last night I felt sick (not had it in 6 months and just pigged). Since then I've had 2 rashers and 2 tomatoes, 2 cups of tea, 2 chocolate eclair toffees - not a total disaster but not great either ... going to have nothing now until 6.30 pm and then I think I officially come off all diets until Boxing Day night ...
Merry Christmas!

This is supposed to be my 2nd down day but I really don't think I can go to that extreme again so I am planning to have a roughly 800 cal day with added celery, tomatoes and unmeasured milk in tea. I am going to do it in 2 meals - first one at 11 and I think the second at around 5pm. Total gain so far since Wed before Christmas is 2 3/4 lb which I suppose it might be possible to lose today in fluids with this regime for a nice maintain at weigh in tomorrow. If not it won't be the end of the world - I am bound to lose something and up to 2 1/5lb gain at Christmas is not too bad.......

It is my official weigh in today and my scales have me 1/4 lb lighter than my last official weigh in before Christmas - so it has worked. Thank you Juddd!

It is my official weigh in today and my scales have me 1/4 lb lighter than my last official weigh in before Christmas - so it has worked. Thank you Juddd!
GREAT GOING.I'm hoping for no more than a 2lb gain ... I've been led astray too many times - was on a down day but OH turned up with copious wine and cake - and I wont see him til after my birthday, so it was sort of what the hell. And my friend's dad died and there was consoling with vodka and more vodka another day. And I've been eating bread which makes me feel yuk. Oh and I have to mention the Roses .... Pathetic I know to get so side tracked so easily but compared to other years it's sort of a success....
Nothing to thwart me between now and Jan 4th - so it's back to no dairy, no grain and no sugar to get myself a detox. I feel really unwell from all the crap I've eaten and drank. Craving green cabbage with mince and mushrooms but trying not to eat again today - as just too full. Early night and up and at it tomorrow.
Hope the pool is open tomorrow and then need to go find a bra that actually fits in the sales.

Good luck with it and sorry about your friend's Dad.

The official result was 1 lb up which is fine but I seem to have gone into melt down today and am eating lots. I have a weekend of meals out then it is new year before weigh in on Wednesday - worried I am going to see a big gain then.

Good luck with it and sorry about your friend's Dad.

The official result was 1 lb up which is fine but I seem to have gone into melt down today and am eating lots. I have a weekend of meals out then it is new year before weigh in on Wednesday - worried I am going to see a big gain then.
The way I'm looking at it is come Jan 1st put in one good week and water retention should see 2/3 lb gone. So you should be ok. Just some daytime damage limitation might be needed ;) Enjoy.

Yes I agree that until we can get New Year over & get one good week of alternate days in we won't really rid ourselves of the excesses of the last few days. Its damage limitation for me at the moment & just reminding myself that I actually like the discipline of a good DD!!!!

Hi Jilly - I'm into a down day and going to keep it going until the morning, rather than the usual 7am to 7pm. And I am really enjoying it! Had a few nibbles here and there but only good stuff and I did an hour swimming plus doing a 20 min powerplate session later.
2 slices ham - 75 cals
Nuts - 80 cals
Tea with skim milk - 20 cals
Satsuma - 50 cals
and going to have a bowl of porridge with water at dinner with a tbsp raisins - 280 cals.
Herb tea - 6 cals
So about 500 cals all in all - I can live with that.

How many up days/down days do you have a week?

Hi Jilly - I'm into a down day and going to keep it going until the morning, rather than the usual 7am to 7pm. And I am really enjoying it! Had a few nibbles here and there but only good stuff and I did an hour swimming plus doing a 20 min powerplate session later.
2 slices ham - 75 cals
Nuts - 80 cals
Tea with skim milk - 20 cals
Satsuma - 50 cals
and going to have a bowl of porridge with water at dinner with a tbsp raisins - 280 cals.
Herb tea - 6 cals
So about 500 cals all in all - I can live with that.

How many up days/down days do you have a week?

Hi, from August I have done 3 DD's full 24-36hrs a week, Mon/Wed/Fri, Tues & Thurs tend to be full UD's and at the weekend I try to only have one Full UD & make the other around 1200 cals if I can. Since Xmas I have managed 1 true DD and 2 1200-1400 cal days. It looks like I put on 5lbs, could not resist getting on the scales..but hoping that most of that is water!!!:D

Back