Could JUDDD be my Xmas saviour?

porkscratching

Silver Member
I'm trying to make a Xmas plan to minimise the damage. OH is coming down tomorrow and it's probably the only time I'll see him til New Year's Eve, when he's taking me to the ferry for a trip home, so it's like a mini Christmas & a bit of a blow out. I've been on the website and according to the calculator I can have 458 cals on a down day and 2300 on an up day. If I start now I could have a DD done before 7pm tomorrow ....
Fri Dec 21st - 7.00 pm Thurs to 7pm Fri DOWN DAY
Sat Dec 22nd - 7.00 pm Fri to 7pm Saturday UP DAY (Night out and cooked breakfast-cake making with kids)
Sun Dec 23rd - 7.00 pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday DOWN DAY
Mon Dec 24th - 7.00pm Sunday to 7pm Monday DOWN DAY
Tue Dec 25th - 7.00 pm Monday to 7pm Tuesday UP DAY
Wed Dec 26th - 7.00 pm Tuesday to 7pm Wednesday UP DAY
Thur Dec 27th - 7.00 pm Wednesday to 7pm Thursday DOWN DAY
Fri Dec 28th - inbetween day
Sat Dec 29th - inbetween day/possible down day
Sun Dec 30th - UP DAY ??
Mon Dec 31st - DOWN DAY (travelling to UK)
Tue 1st Jan - UP DAY

Want to mash this into my mostly grain free SW style regime - it's alcohol and treat calories I'm concerned about. I have a load of chicken cup a soups in the cupboard for ages - DD with a salad for a late lunch. I find I can get to about 2pm without eating or just with a banana if exercising and a few early nights would do me no harm. Hmmmm, is it a plan Stan?

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan to me! I love intermittent fasting for that reason, I can fast when it suits me and when everyone else is enjoying themselves I can too!

I am hoping it will be mine. Have just finished my first ever dd and intend to do another one next Thursday. Your plan looks more effective than mine!

Feeling a bit rubbish this evening - weirdly not hungry though.

Good luck with it

largerthanmost said:
I'm trying to make a Xmas plan to minimise the damage. OH is coming down tomorrow and it's probably the only time I'll see him til New Year's Eve, when he's taking me to the ferry for a trip home, so it's like a mini Christmas & a bit of a blow out. I've been on the website and according to the calculator I can have 440 cals on a down day and 2300 on an up day. If I start now I could have a DD done before 7pm tomorrow ....
Fri Dec 20th - 7.00 pm Thurs to 7pm Fri DOWN DAY
Sat Dec 21st - 7.00 pm Fri to 7pm Saturday UP DAY (Night out and cooked breakfast-cake making with kids)
Sun Dec 22nd - 7.00 pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday DOWN DAY
Mon Dec 23rd - 7.00pm Sunday to 7pm Monday UP DAY
Tue Dec 24th - 7.00 pm Monday to 7pm Tuesday DOWN DAY
Wed Dec 25th - 7.00 pm Tuesday to 7pm Wednesday UP DAY
Thur Dec 26th - 7.00 pm Wednesday to 7pm Thursday UP DAY
Fri Dec 27th - DOWN DAY
Sat Dec 28th - DOWN DAY
Sun Dec 29th
Mon Dec 30th
Tue Dec 31st UP day

Want to mash this into my mostly grain free SW style regime - it's alcohol and treat calories I'm concerned about. I have a load of chicken cup a soups in the cupboard for ages - DD with a salad for a late lunch. I find I can get to about 2pm without eating or just with a banana if exercising and a few early nights would do me no harm. Hmmmm, is it a plan Stan?

Have u got ur dates wrong ????

I am hoping it will be mine. Have just finished my first ever dd and intend to do another one next Thursday. Your plan looks more effective than mine!

Feeling a bit rubbish this evening - weirdly not hungry though.

Good luck with it
Good Luck with yours too - let me know how you get on. I need to hear good news to keep me positive about this ;-)

Sounds like a plan to me! I love intermittent fasting for that reason, I can fast when it suits me and when everyone else is enjoying themselves I can too!
Have you had success with IF? I'm hoping by doing this I can get some losses over Xmas - rather than putting it on.

I am 3lb lighter this morning but still feeling odd after forcing myself to have a bigger than usual sw friendly breakfast. When does the hunger come back? What about the brain function?

Still intending to go again next Thursday but not sure this can be good for me......

How is your first dd going?

I am 3lb lighter this morning but still feeling odd after forcing myself to have a bigger than usual sw friendly breakfast. When does the hunger come back? What about the brain function?

Still intending to go again next Thursday but not sure this can be good for me......

How is your first dd going?
Fine so far - had a humbug and a herbal tea last night and tea with splash of skim milk now then off to walk the dog.
I did a bit of reading on IF a while ago - if I remember rightly men seem to have more success and some women gain weight and can't do it but seems most successful with post menopausal women, which isn't me.
However, I have never done meal replacement diets & don't like the idea of them but want the benefits of not cooking/planning/shopping all the time & I do think a couple of low calorie days would give your body time to do other stuff than simply digesting food all day long. (
Sure we'll see how it goes. 10 hours left of my DD.

Have you had success with IF? I'm hoping by doing this I can get some losses over Xmas - rather than putting it on.

Hiya, it's early days for me. I'm on day 4, I fast for 19 hours every day and eat for 5. I like it so far, yes I get very hungry but not miserably so. I've only weighed myself this morning so ill see how it goes. I'm hoping to lose a little over Xmas too, I feel a bit better in my clothes already.

Hiya, it's early days for me. I'm on day 4, I fast for 19 hours every day and eat for 5. I like it so far, yes I get very hungry but not miserably so. I've only weighed myself this morning so ill see how it goes. I'm hoping to lose a little over Xmas too, I feel a bit better in my clothes already.

Hi - that's a fairly strict regime - I'm hoping that by doing this I can not gain over Xmas - but if I get some exercise in then I'd really like a loss as well. Even if it was only 1lb.
People are always really enthusiastic about JUDDD and IF but it's not easy to find people who've had long term success on it - yet I do believe it will work if you find the way that suits you (although I guess that's true of every diet).
Eaten so far on DOWN DAY - tea 30 cals & a humbug 25 cals Herbal tea 15 cals
Rest of day - choco chilli herbal tea - 15 cals & Satsuma 36 cals.
Chicken cup a soup - 89 cals
Satsuma - 36 cals
Tea with skim milk - 30 cals
Banana - small - 90 cals

TOTAL 366 cals
Jogged for 20 mins and walked for 30 mins.

This should take me to pretty near 7pm & I'll have another cup of soup if I want it - just about puts me over the 440 but not much.

Hi, don't mean to be ignorant but what does the JUDDD diet consist of? :)

Hi - basically it's an up day - down day regime. There's a calculator here The UpDayDownDay Diet™ and eResveratrol – Dr. James Johnson – SIRT1 Gene Activation to get your calorie requirements. Mine is 440 on a down day and 2300 on an up day.
If you read the info on the link you should get a clearer idea. It allows you to have larger calories one day and then you can get through the down day as you're only ever so many hours from eating whatever you want. Hoping it will help with nights out and meals were I'm not cooking over Xmas and NY.
I'm not doing it so that I can eat tons of crap - I'm keeping to a fresh fruit, veg, meat, nuts diet - with only the odd grains & low dairy - although some people have really UP up days and then eat nothing/fast on DOWN days.

happy&healthy said:

Hiya can u tell me wa IF is ???

happy&healthy said:

What's IF and how does it work ?

Rolling along nicely on my UP day. After dinner I had a boozy night out - 6 pints of lager, a vodka and slimline and a dry sherry - about 1200 calories!! ... then a cooked breakfast - 2 bacon, mushrooms, slice of pudding and thick slice of homemade bread with marmalade and tea, satsuma - about 500 cals .... going to make mince pies this afternoon and soup (500 cals) this afternoon which will see the end of my UP Day at 7pm - with a humungous calorie count of 2880 cals in 24 hours!!! OMG.
Brisk walk to town - about 3 miles to get my car.

Rolling along nicely on my UP day. After dinner I had a boozy night out - 6 pints of lager, a vodka and slimline and a dry sherry - about 1200 calories!! ... then a cooked breakfast - 2 bacon, mushrooms, slice of pudding and thick slice of homemade bread with marmalade and tea, satsuma - about 500 cals .... going to make mince pies this afternoon and soup (500 cals) this afternoon which will see the end of my UP Day at 7pm - with a humungous calorie count of 2880 cals in 24 hours!!! OMG.
Brisk walk to town - about 3 miles to get my car.
:D
Thats an 'Up & Over Day:D

Thats an 'Up & Over Day:D
I know - it's shocking how much alcohol adds to the day. Decided not to have mince pies but did have a cupcake - stuffed and quite looking forward to a Down Day - I've not had so many cals in a day for 6 months at least. Going for a cycle and if my ex has the kids tomorrow, a swim as well. Next UP day will be much more in line. ;)

Well into my down day. So far I have had a herbal tea and a small salad - pea shoots, lambs lettuce and 100g of chicken with a tsp low cal dressing. 175 cals.
Not sure if trying to put two down days back to back is a good idea but we'll see. Going to make a chicken and veg broth for dinner. Need an early night and then a few last minute Xmas things to do tomorrow morning. So will try to keep my down day going until the evening.

Back