Coundown to my sons wedding in Ibiza

September 8th

Our table is booked for 6pm so I will only be having fruit and yogurt during the day.

I've checked the menu on line and I have decided to go for the salmon for starter, Sirloin steak for main and I just might have a sweet.
I've decided to drive there because I know that if I have a drink all my good intentions will fly out the window.

I'll update later in the day

So starter was garlic mushrooms
Main was as planned blade of beef, carrots, green beans, cauliflower, cabbage, an itsy bit of mash potatoes and 4 roast potatoes
I also had a little cheese and a couple of biscuits for desert

I know my 71.5 remaining syns will cover it so no more syns for me until weigh in on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Hey how are you doing? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Hi love,

I've been painting my freshly plastered bedroom, I might as well just throw the paint at the wall and wait for it to dry, it's taking forever!! Bloomin' new plaster just soaks it up like a sponge.

So I'm back to my diary today.

12 September 2013

It's an EE day today

HEXA
5 light laughing cow triangles

HEXB
2 slices of wholemeal bread

Breakfast
Apple, berries and a Muller toffee yogurt

Lunch
Salmon fillet cooked in frylite, stir fried egg noodles with onion, garlic and beansprouts, a little soy sauce and Chinese five spice.
Apple

Supper
Mac in a bowl using Quorn mince and HEXA cheese triangles, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and using my bread HEXB to make it into a proper burger

Aiming to drink 3lts water

1 syn for light thousand island dressing in the Mac in a bowl

104 syns left

Youngest son and his future wife who is a hairdresser, are calling round later this evening as I'm having my hair trimmed.

How fortunate am I to have a future daughter-in-law who is also a brilliant hair stylist!

I was going to cook for them but I've decided to order in an Indian, good job I don't like Indian take-away.

Tomorrow night we have family coming up from Southampton and London so it's another one of those Friday nights on the lash.

At least this time I am prepared to be having a drink or three and I have been saving syns for the past three days. So all in all I will have 60 syns for a good night out.

Oh I forgot to mention, I lost 3lb this week at weigh in and I got my 2st award. I am such a happy bunny.

You have five sisters!!!!!!.................oh my!

xx

Friday 13th oh heck!!

It's going to be a Success Express today

HEXA
950ML ALMOND MILK

HEXB
2 SLICES OF WHOLEMEAL BREAD

Breakfast

Started today with 3 Linda Mcartney sausages with rosemary stir fried with onion, mushrooms and beansprouts
an apple and an orange
The weirdest breakfast I've had by far, but it was filling!!

Lunch
Quorn savoury mince, on a bed of lettuce, cucumber and tomato
apple, orange and a Muller yogurt.
Another weird meal, what is wrong with me today.

Supper
Mushroom omelette with a huge salad of lettuce, onion, cucumber and tomato with HEXB bread to fill me up for tonight's night out.
Berries

Lots of water though the day and coffee's and teas' with my almond milk HEXA

So the taxi will be coming to pick me up at 7.15, I was lucky to get one as it's 'Race week' here in Doncaster and the place is heaving with race goers.
Just going to stick with the white wine with sodas tonight. I've loads of syns to play with.

UPDATE
I had loads of wine, lost count, then got home and had 3 packs of crisps........oh 'eck. On the plus side if I could have found the bread In my drunken stupor it could have been worse because I fancied having toast with butter and jam..........thanks to whoever it was who put the bread in the fridge!!

Last edited:
Had a sore head yesterday Saturday 14th

Breakfast was scrambled eggs on toast HEXB with mushrooms and spaghetti hoops
Apple and orange

I then made a huge pot of free mushroom soup, mushrooms, 1 leek, 1 onion, couple of cloves of garlic, 1 chicken stock cube, 1 ham stock cube, herbs 1lt water, cooked through then added 1lt of unsweetened almond milk HEXA for creaminess and instant potato flakes to thicken the soup.

I ate ALL of the soup at intervals throughout the day with several pieces of fruit to follow

I was aiming for a Success Express day to make up for all the naughtiness on Friday night but a Cadburys Crunchy found it's was into my mouth at 9.5syns

So I figure that I just must be all syned out, must be extra good for the remainder of this week.

Today is Sunday 15th

After getting on my electronic scales which are showing a 3lb gain............OMG!!!! I have decided on a Success Express day again.

This may prove to be problematic as we are invited to my aunts for Sunday dinner but she is on slimming world too so I may be ok....I hope.

She phoned me yesterday to say we will be having roast leg of pork with crackling. I'm quite happy to forgo the crackling because I doubt my couple of crowns and numerous fillings could cope with it.
So onwards and downwards
HEXA
950ml unsweetened almond milk
HEXB

Breakfast

Berries and Muller light

Lunch
I'll update later

Supper
Spaghetti hoops on toast HEXB mushrooms and tinned tomatoes
Berries, apple and nectarine

I'm hoping not to have any syns today which of course would take me way over my weekly limit anyway.

My almond milk HEXA will be used for milky coffees and teas

I don't anticipate a loss this week but I hope that by being extra careful and only having Success Express days for the remainder of this week I just may have a STS at weigh in on Wednesday afternoon.

Why oh why do I allow myself to be swayed into drinking so much when I'm out with the family..............more to the point why do certain members of my family insist on trying to scupper my weight loss.

Last edited:
They are sabotagers I have maby in my family as well :(

Food is looking great when is your weigh in day?? Your body fluctuates so u may not have the 3lb gain u think u have :) xx

How much would you say your body weight can fluctuate in a week? Mine is up and down by about 3 pounds - does that sound right??

They are sabotagers I have maby in my family as well :(

Food is looking great when is your weigh in day?? Your body fluctuates so u may not have the 3lb gain u think u have :) xx

Hi love x

My weigh in day is Wednesday and thanks for your support.

I know I just need to relax a little and just stop being a compulsive weigher.

I've done it since my late teens, you would think that after 35 years I would have stopped being so scales obsessed wouldn't you. Will I ever learn!!

Of course, our bodies are such complex machines, I need to through the dam scales in the bin

x

16 September

It's a EE Day today

HEXA

HEXB

Breakfast
Berries and Muller yogurt
Apple orange

Lunch
Salmon steak with stir fry of carrot, onion, cabbage, garlic, beansprouts and egg noodles with soy sauce and Chinese five spice
Nectarine and an orange

Supper
Lean bacon, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes poached eggs and slimming world chips and 2 slices of wholemeal bread HEXB
Apple and berries

Also making a big pan of mushroom soup with 500ml of my milk the rest is for teas and coffees

I find that having a pot of soup to fill me up stops me from wanting to snack on naughtiness.

Aiming to drink at least 2ltr of water, hoping this will flush out the extra 2lb that my scales are showing this morning

Absolutely NO syns left this week

I have just realised that it is just 100 days till Christmas Eve so I'm also using this thread to start my countdown to Christmas too.

I am really going to go for it and I am aiming for 30lb by Christmas eve. Yes I know it may sound a bit stretching but I can be very competitive with myself and this is just the challenge that I need to get past this yo-yoing.

So on the scales this morning I weighed in at 15st12lb, I will post my Monday morning weight every week to keep you all posted on my progress.

Thanks again for your support.

x

Thats a great target to aim for and theres nothing stopping ufrom storming through it!!! I want to lose more or less the same so im here with u :)

WE CAN DO IT!!!

YES WE CAN!

But I need to convince the scales this week too LOL!!!!

x

17th September 99 days till Christmas

It's an EE day today

HEXA
1 950ml almond milk
2 5 the laughing cow light blue cheese triangles
HEXB
1 2 slices of wholemeal bread
2 another 2 slices of wholemeal bread. I love my bread

Breakfast
Has been another weird concoction
Stir fried mushrooms, onions, asparagus and Quorn mince

Lunch
A bowl of homemade spicy lentil soup
Ham with slimming world chips and salad of lettuce, red onion, tomato, and cucumber
3 satsumas

Supper
Huge plate of baked beans, mushrooms and scrambled egg on my HEXB bread and spread with my HEXA cheese triangles
Apple

I'm using my milk for teas and coffees

Aiming for 2ltr water in addition to my hot drinks, though I must say, I find it pretty difficult to drink water now the days are becoming cooler.

Spicy lentil soup
1 potato
1 parsnip
2 large carrots
3 sticks celery
1 onion or 1 leek
3 cloves garlic
dried or fresh mixed herbs
2 stock cubes we prefer 1 chicken and 1 ham
1 teaspoon of dried chillies or one red chopped chilie
3 pints of water
a teacup of red lentils
combine all chopped veg and rest of ingredients, bring to the boil then simmer till cooked. About 20 mins.
Then either leave interestingly lumpy or mash with a masher or blits in a mixer

Last edited:
Wednesday 18 September, 98 days till Christmas

Today is a RED day

Last night, for some stupid reason, I munched through my body weight in biscuits and dunked them in coffee too! I don't ever eat biscuits, I don't ever dunk them in coffee either.
I think that this is one of those psychological episodes that a lot of overweight people have and that I may just be sabotaging myself! I haven't been this weight for years and I think that maybe I'm afraid of looking good again.

Well it looks like I will have a gain at weigh in today but I'm determined that this is this will be the last

Update, I had a STS at weigh in yesterday, I'm shocked!! it really should have been a gain.

I didn't eat until after weigh in, I then had baked salmon, a jacket potato and some salad and a couple of large whiskey and lemonade as a nightcap.

Last edited:
September 19, 97 days till Christmas

So last week was bad but I was fortunate to have had a STS. This week I must be 100%, I want a good loss for the end of September.

Today is a EE day

HEXA
HEXB

Breakfast
Spaghetti bolognaise
Apple

Lunch
Home made mushroom soup with my bread HEXB
Apple orange

Supper
Shepherds pie made with extra lean mince, onions, celery, carrot, garlic, herbs, stock cube and some baked beans, topped with mashed potato, carrot and swede and a pile of savoy cabbage
Nectarine and an orange

I sorted my freezer out yesterday and found some left over spag boll which I was planning to have for lunch today but after finding it staring at me in the fridge this morning I decided to have it for breakfast because I have a huge pan of the mushroom soup which I made yesterday which I will be having for lunch instead.

It was a bit of a strange breakfast and I'm stuffed!!

I'll use my milk HEXA in tea and coffees, maybe I'll have an iced latte later.

Lunch didn't happen, I really must stop skipping meals

Syns for today were (1.5) for some gravy to have with my shepherds pie

103.5 syns remaining

Last edited:
Back