Countdown to a skinny bunny :)

PS. Congrats on your massive weight loss Cai, that's amazing!! :D

Thanks, it seems to have slowed down a bit recently, hoping keeping a diary here and reading others will help me boost it a bit!!!! x

Hi, had wi today I usually do Thursday but am away with work tonight so did a day early, lost 2lbs! Am v happy. Might treat myself to a glass of wine tonight. Fingers crossed for Sat! X

Ooh treat yourself :) CONGRATS on the 2lb loss!! You must feel amazing!

Today's Food Diary
Wednesday:
B: Bran flakes (HExB), skimmed milk (HExA), banana
L: Diet Coke
D: Homemade Pizza = Wholemeal Pitta (HExB), Cheese (HExA), Red Peppers, Tomato Puree (1syn)

Syns: 1

So... a good day all in all! Despite the OH trying to tempt me with Subway and confectionary at the cinema :mad: lol he was met with a very cold stare I tell ya!! lol!
Will prob snack on the free food I've bought to his house (fruit & yogurts).

Hopefully my lack of syns today will equal the over-synning of the last few days lol!

Bring on Saturday :D xx

Diary
Thursday

B: nothing
L: Homemade Pizza (again lol) x2 wholemeal pitta (HExB x2), tomato puree (2syns), red peppers, cheese (HExA), diet coke
D: will be something along the lines of pasta or stuffed peppers I think.

Congrats to everyone on their A Level results today :) that was me 3 years ago... it gets scarier once you get final year University results though lol so glad that's over for me too... just got to get through this PGCE now! xx

Okay full diary here:

Thursday:
L: Homemade Pizza = x2 Wholemeal Pitta (HExBx2), Cheese (HExA), Red Peppers, Tomato Puree (2syn)
D: Jacket Potata, baked beans, cheese (HExA)
S: fruit, mullerlight x2, diet coke, banana

Total Syns: 2.
Okay not alot of syns for today... not on purpose, just can't think of anything worth eating. All the food I want today is free/HEx lol!

One more day of being good and then Weigh In on Saturday morning - scary!!! xx

Friday

Okay last full day before weigh in tomorrow.

Friday: EE

L: Toast (HExB), quorn sausages x2 (2syns), baked beans.
D: Beef Casserole - so potatoes, veg, beef and stock cube.
S: Might have one of mums flan cases (4syns) and mullerlight toffee, banana and fat free yog on it. Delicious snack mmmm
OR might just have another night without syns knowing it's WI day tomorrow...

Total Syns: 2 (maybe 6 later ;) )

Had a sneaky look on the scales earlier. 2lb loss. But my morning has not started well. I'm on a 'star week' (this is what i take to mean your monthly visit from mothernature?! lol) so am in total agony as usual :'( and dreading the scales tomorrow in case it affects it again!? Will know in 16 hours I guess.... :eek:

Good luck for tomorrow! I'm off on my hols tonight so won't post for a week or so, looking forward to seeing your progress when I get back. X

Good luck for tomorrow! I'm off on my hols tonight so won't post for a week or so, looking forward to seeing your progress when I get back. X

Aww thank you! Hope you have a lovely holiday!! xx

Okay it's W-Day (weigh in day :p) and the results are in.

I stupidly weighed myself before SW this morning and had gained 0.5lb :'( gutted, but considering it's a 'star' week for me this week, I had expected as much.

Then I went to SW group. I stepped on the scales. And what did I see in front of me?
*drum roll*...............

10st 10.5lbs which is a 1.5lb loss!!! :D :D
Woooooooooo hooooooooooooo!! Just need to continue being as good as possible between now and Wednesday (when I fly to Vegas) and as good as possible in Vegas, then weigh myself Sunday after I get back and have an unofficial weigh in :)

So happy :) Only 5.5lbs to go until I reach my first ONE STONE loss award!
Only 3.5lbs to go until I reach my first target (and my lowest weight recorded with SW!)
And a 17.5lbs loss until I reach my end target in November. Woo!
:D :D

Still happy about my 1.5lb loss today :) makes me feel better about what I might gain while in Las Vegas!!

After much wonderful advice tonight from the lovely ladies on these forums, I am going to try the Kettlebell exercises. Trying to find videos on youtube, and going to buy a 5kg kettlebell from Tesco (on someone's great advice) tomorrow so I can start right away :) Though I'm not sure if I will... I really don't want to be in agony knowing I have a trip to Vegas in a few days!! -- yeah, maybe I'll just practice a few exercises and get a feel for it.

Okay Food Diary:

Saturday
L: mullerlight + banana
D: Spicy Chicken Kebab & Bombay Potatoes (2.5syns)
S: Toast (HExB), Ham, Cheese (HExA)

Total Syns: 2.5

I'm hoping that if I've extra good tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday... then I will be able to spare a few syns Weds, Thurs, Fri and then start well Saturday after we land :) Then make have a sneaky W/I on Sunday morning.

xxx

Well done on the loss :D I bet your face was a picture when you were expecting a gain.

Have a lovely time in Vegas :)

Well done on the loss :D I bet your face was a picture when you were expecting a gain.

Have a lovely time in Vegas :)

Aww thanks Tillymax - I know, my jaw nearly hit the table lol. I must admit I did a little victory dance hehe!

Thank you :) xx

Oh no... Tesco had sold out of 5kg kettlebells. I found a set of 3 on Argos... Davina 2.5kg, 5kg, 7.5kg. Think this is better as it's only £15 more for an extra 2 kettlebells :) and it means I can prob start at 2.5kg or 5kg and then have 7.5kg ready.

I might buy them tomorrow... if not then I will leave it until next weekend as I won't be using them until after Vegas (don't wanna spend my whole holiday struggling to walk or raise my arms above my waist lol!!) Can't wait to start it though :) I think I'll use Kettleworx initially as I love being able to tick off goals which that seems perfect for. Will also take a 'bikini' photo and measurements after each completed week in order to see what the results are :)

Food diary so far...

B: Baked beans on toast (HExB) -- didn't eat many as these are a different brand of beans than usual and taste disgusting!! Note to self, only buy the cheap asda ones.. not the ones that are more expensive... bleugh!
L: Mullerlight + banana. Low Fat Noodles
D: White Seeded Burger Bun (6 syns), Burger, Homemade wedges, Low fat mayo (1syn), ketchup (1syn), onions
S: will be munching on fruit & mullerlights at my OH's house tonight :) keeping those syns down!

Total Syns: 8 syns :D

EDIT: oops add 6.5syns to that total - had a Kellogg's, Nutri-Grain bar last night. Forgot to bring my fruit/SW food to my boyfriends house and was starving. And totally messed up making a free batchelors savoury rice by being so impatient lol!!

Total syns: 14.5 -- oh well actually it's still under 15 syns :) i feel a bit better now!!

3 sleeps til Vegas :eek:) Gonna watch The Hangover tonight and see how NOT to do it hehe!!

Last edited:
What is the Kettleworx prog etc??

Using kettlebell weights you can follow kettleworx, a 6 week programme which will ''transform your body'' apparently. It's 3 exercises (cardio, core & resistance) and each last 20mins. You do all 3 across a week - so that's one hour of exercise a week...for 6 weeks. With a busy schedule like mine will be... it sounds like a perfect little exercise I can fit in between university and social life :)

Usually I don't buy into these things but a lady called Kron speaks very passionately about them and has gone from a size 16 to a size 6 while on SW and using Kettlebells.

I would suggest you have a gander at her thread: http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/219703-secret-shaping-up.html

Also, if you need proof, this is what really made me think "wow... i want to try this"
http://www.minimins.com/attachments/slimming-world-food-diaries/17300d1313314918-chickadees-food-diary-diet-photos.jpg -- i think you'll agree these fast results look AMAZING!!

As you can tell, i'm completely knew to this whole concept (only discovered it properly yesterday!) but i'm sold and cannot wait to start! :)
xx

Thanks, i'm gonna look into it x

Thanks Irene :) I really am finding it easier to stick to now. The first week between 06/08 - 13/08 i struggled. It was hard getting back into a SW routine after spending a month eating what i wanted when i wanted!! But once i saw that 3.5lbs loss i knew i could get back on track! And with only 17.5lbs to go until November, my target is well in sight.

Feeling good this morning/afternoon (gotta love a lie in!) because even though I had a nutri-grain bar last night, through pure starvation, it still only brought my total syns up to 14.5syns. Woo!

Today I'm thinking a SW jacket potato at the local spud-u-like :) beans & cheese. Then maybe pasta with some sort of meat for dinner mmm! and get some yogurt for dessert.

My bf has recommended i have to go to earl of sandwich in vegas. He says they're unbelieveable - probably not SW friendly - but hey a few days off won't kill me :)

Getting worried about starting the kettlebells next week though as I have read many people say that their weight has either STS or increased since doing it. While I'm happy to see a difference, i still care about the scales. Hopefully if i'm extra good on SW then the scales will still reflect that???

Off to town now to get some £££s exchanged into $$$s :) and some last min holiday bits (okay, it's 107 degrees in Vegas, need that sun tan lotion!!!)

xxx

Food Diary
Monday 22nd August
Green Day

L: Jacket potato, baked beans, cheese (HExA)
D: Chicken (HExB), pasta, passata and cheese (HExA)
S: Grapes, Mullerlight yog, --- maybe nutri-grain (6.5syns) later if i'm peckish :)

2 sleeps til VEGAS :D went and got money changed up today - over $300 to blow in 2 days hehe xx

My yummy dinner. Chicken (HExB), pasatta and pasta. Nom nom!! Also the first time I'm using minimins from my phone lol oh no I'll be even more addicted now!! Xx

Attachments

• image-2710416122.jpg
    image-2710416122.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 39
Back