Countdown to wedding in November

good luck with WI.

Hi Red, just had a read of your diary. Well done on being so focused with CD, it's a challenge and a half. Congrats on your wedding!

I'm getting married next July and I am a size 22 at the moment and have already bought my dress in a 14/16. I'm 17st 10lb at the moment and I reckon I need to lose about 5stone to gaurantee getting into that dress!

I'll keep an eye out on your diary, as seeing someone do well will help inspire me to keep cracking at it. I have got an international convention I attend each year with work in November and last year I know eeryone was commenting on how much weight I had put on. You know the old, 'Wow your looking well'. So would love to have 3 stone shifted by November, which would put me at a size 18 I reckon?! It's all a bit of guesswork with this sizing as it's been so many years since I saw them.

Good luck with your wi tonight and I hope the dress shopping is amazing. I can't get anywhere near my dress yet, so I just have to be content with staring at it and dancing about in my hooped underskirt :)

Day 22

Had my weigh in last night and only lost 1lb though it was only since last Wednesday. Not a good loss but have lost 2" from my waist in the 3 weeks since I have started CD.
I realise that at the weekend my water intake was down severely as I was drinking Coke Zero and I did have more meat at the BBQ than I needed. Lesson learnt! Tonight I am going to the gym and upping my water intake too and hopefully next week, I should have a good loss as I am almost into the next stone bracket so I really want to push myself.

Went dress shopping last night. Not quite what I expected as I thought it was going to be a shop but it turned out to be someones house. There wasn't a lot of room to try on things and get a proper view but it did give me an idea of what suited me at least. Tried on the 18 and it didn't even do up! Beginning to realise that wedding dresses come up way smaller than normal clothes - I think I will be ordering mine in a 16 or even 18 to be honest but I would rather it be too big and be able to be taken in than not be able to get into it.
Have another 2 appointments at proper shops on Saturday so hopefully it will be a bit more special than last night.

Cornish kez - thanks for the post. I get a lot of support from reading others diaries and it helps to know that you're not alone in this weight-loss struggle. Its such a lovely feeling seeing people after you've lost a chunk of weight instead of having that 'fear' of being spotted out and about when you've been heavier.
I'm 14.4lbs at the mo and 5ft 3" so it makes me a size 18, my mission is to get to 9.13lbs and be a comfortable size 12, however I am just aiming to be an 14 for the wedding, obviously anything lower is a complete bonus!

Madferret - thanks for that. It was definetly a motivating experience! The lady was lovely but I would've preferred a shop experience for the 1st time but I shall get that this weekend. Very strange to be stood in your underwear in front of a stranger, lol

Leeds123 - thanks for the support. Hope you're managing to keep strong, I shall have a read of your diary in a mo

xxx

well done on the loss. it must be so exciting choosing a wedding dress!

Day 23

I AM SO HAPPY!
I went to a little boutique last night as they had a cancellation with my mum and sisters - it was fate as my mum is away for the next 2 weekends and so couldn't make it to the appointments I had made for this saturday.
As soon as I entered the shop, i knew I would find something. The lady was so lovely and patient as i picked out about 15 dresses to try on and she strapped me into every single one - we were there for 2.5 hours!
Of course we all fell in love with the 1st one! I tried it on again at the end and it was by far, all our favourite! I knew I wanted a big dress but this is huge! Its a 16 and fits lovely. We looked at how many inches I would need to lose to get a 14 and as I have a very small waist as it is, any additional weight loss is more likely to come off my thighs, hips and arms so I will be ordering it in the 16.

If I order it this week, it will come 2/10 and then I will have 4 weeks to get it altered so its all working out perfectly. I'm SO relieved and SO happy, now I can get on and enjoy the run up to the wedding without the worry about the dress.

A big thanks to everyone for their support about my dress stress, you were of course all right and I really loved the special experience of yesterday evening

xxx

So pleased you found your dress, it will make the rest of the wedding planning much less stressful now you know it is sorted! It took me ages to find my dress as I knew exactly what I wanted, just had to find it! But I did in the end and am so pleased I didn't settle for another dress.

Well done on finding the one - can make all the difference...
I have been married 3 times, but the dress I wore for the last one was by far the best and the most flattering...

The first time, I wore a big, big white meringue... the second time I wore black, but the 3rd time, I wore a gold off the shoulder sheath dress, with a detachable train, which we even had converted into a christening outfit for our first born..

Glad to see you so happy

T
x

day 24 (not in the BB house thu)

Well I upped my water intake and had an extra bottle at work plus an extra pint when I got home and today the Wii reports 2lbs off so I shall def be keeping that up!.

The bars are lovely! They make me a lot more fuller as I didn't have my last shake till 8.30pm and even then I wasn't hungry for it at all, (could hardly believe it myself!).

Going to pick up my engagement ring tonight in 3 sizes smaller than in Dec! I think it will be a real squeeze to get it on but it will loosen up so I'm not going to worry!

not made it to the gym yet but we look after my parents dog tomorrow eve for the weekend so i shall make sure we do some long walks. I will book myself into a Body Pump class on sunday morning though which means that I HAVE to go!

Thanks Madferret and Cornish for your comments. I have definetly found THE ONE, I tried on so many different styles that I know for sure its for me.
There will definetly be enough material in it to make several christening gowns so thats not a bad idea as we plan to start a family asap god willing!

Keep up the good work all

xxx

Day 25

Went and ordered my dress last night - it was a hard toss up whether to order the 14 or 16 but we played it safe and ordered the 16 and shop owner said that she would pay half of the alterations costs - how nice is that?! The place that the alterations are done is literally at the end of my parents road - its fate! Didn't realise that I would be trying the dress on again so I warned her that I didn't have my big knickers on, lol

Picked up my smaller engagement ring too last night and it fits! Was expecting it to be very tight but its not too bad, feels lovely to be wearing it again after about 2 months of not wearing it.

Am trying to drink an extra flask of water during the day at work plus another additional pint at home, really want to see the scales moving as I have 3 lbs. to lose to get into the 13's - that's such a milestone for me and a weight I remember feeling really good about my body.

Really loving the bars, might have to have a nibble on one as I am starving today! They seem to have a err, laxative effect on me....... Anyone else experience the same thing? Its not to the point that's its a problem but rather more a surprise!

Madferet - you hit the nail on the head with regards to my parents dog - he looks small and innocent but he's not and randomly snaps, I think my OH has only stroked him twice in the 4 years we've been together!

Stay focused all

xxx

Day 26

Am being stared out by the dog as I type, lol. Taken him out for a 30 min walk today and tomorrow am booked into the 10am class of LB&T - hopefully I won't keel over!

Wii scales report that I have 2lbs to lose to get into the 13's, really can't wait for this milestone weight, I will be SO happy!

Finding this weekend a bit hard but I think its because we are not up to much. Went to town with my sisters earlier and didn't cave but finding it hard at the mo. Not sure I have drunk enough today, did reach for a Coke Zero to give me a boost.

OH is doing so well, he's looking so trim and is really motivated which helps so much, he will be in the gym whilst I do the aerobics class tomorrow.

OMG, the dog has the worst wind in the world! :eek:

Day 27

Just recovering from my BL&T class this morning - I am knackered! Managed to keep up ok but I realise that I really don't have any upper body strength!

Wii says that I have 1lb to go to get into the 13's so hopefully I will see this tomorrow with any luck!

Had my bar already and am still hungry but I shall crack on with the water and hopefully curb it.

Enjoy the sunshine peeps

x

Day 28

Morning all

Today is my weigh-in, think I may have lost about 4-5lbs perhaps but who knows, the Wii says I have gained a little - how insulting!

Feeling a little stiff and exhausted from my LBT class yesterday. Am going to book myself on to the Body Pump on tomorrow which is less aerobic and more about tone. I will save 1/3 of my bar from lunch to eat just prior to the class else I think i will keel over.

Had the toffee one yesterday - yum yum! The only one I didn't like as much was the peanut one so I won't get that one again. Have the orange choc one to try today.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

x

Day 29

CDC scales say I lost 4lb! So thats 18lbs in 4 weeks which is great news! My Wii scales also say 13.13 so today is a very good day! I have 10lbs to get to my lowest adult weight, I can't believe it! I never thought I would get here from when I weighed 21.9stone, I have to pinch myself that I really am the weight that I see on the scales.

Got an extra bar last night which I have chopped into 3 pieces so I can have a third before I go to each aerobics class this week. Tonight I am doing Body Vive tonight which I hope won't kill me! I am still feeling every muscle from Sundays class!

Also bought the Summer fruits mix last night, expensive but it is nice to drink something other than plain water so I have made 1xteaspoon to 1.5ltr and I have it in the fridge - very nice. I think I needed an extra something to add to the diet.

Am going to my friends for dinner on saturday night, i had said that I would bring my soup but I have since emailed her to say that my weight loss is ahead of schedule so I will partake in eating - I think it would've been a bit awkward anyway if I'd of had my soup. I haven't seen my friend since January so it will be a really nice surprise for her to see me now plus OH is about 3 stone down too since they last saw him.

Going to the In-laws on Sunday but they are cool about me not eating so I don't have to worry plus they normally only have unhealthy food to offer so its best to resist all round!

Happy days!
xxx

Wow Red, I just spent 30 mins reading your entire diary. It sure will keep me motivated. Well done on your amazing losses.

Day 30

Morning all

I survived last nights Body Vive class - OMG I thought I was going to die but I got through it thankfully, I reckon tomorrow I will really feel it though!
Plan to go to Body Pump on friday evening and then Step & Tone on Saturday morning as we will be eating in the evening.

Tried on my suit that I had when I joined my company 6 years ago and it fits! Its actually looser than it was when I used to wear which is a lovely surprise!

Wii reports another 1lb down so I am very pleased. Really liking the berry mix drink, it does make it easier to get a pint down me when I can alternate the flavours, also saves me reaching for a Coke Zero which I think I will keep as my weekend treat - oh I'm such a devil, lol!

I have upped my fluid intake to 1 pint in the morning plus a cup of tea made with a teaspoon of the vanilla shake (you get used to it I promise!). At work - 1x coffee & 3x 750ml of water, then when I get home 1x tea and 2x pints - it seems to be doing the trick.

Thanks Tange - thats so lovely to hear! It really helps me to keep on track as I have vowed that I will be honest on here about any hiccups so when I see it in black & white, it helps to deter from the next time.

Keep up the good work all

xxx

Back