Cous Coud

Mets

Gold Member
This week, I've been making up the packet cous cous with just water, for my lunches (with salad veggies added to it) which have been yum!

I've been pointing it by the NV on the packet however I've just gone to work out today's lunch and I think I've been pointing wrong! The pack says:

Protein - 3.6g
Carbs- 21.7g
Fat- 1.7g
Fibre - 4.2

This is per 100g. The weight on the packet is 110g so I had it pointed at 4pp BUT I've just noticed that the pack says "nutrition made up according to instructions without oil an butter" Then next to the 100g column, it gives the NV of half a pack and in brackets it says (140g)

Have I been doing it wrong??? was I suppose to point it as made up weight??? I've gone and sabotaged my bloody week haven't I???!

So 4pp for the whole packet, dried?? I'm panicking now as my WI is tomorrow and I had already put in 2pm last week due to holidays!

Can anyone else confirm that they think it's 4pp??
My mate said that because it's the as per made up instructions" the made up weight is 280g which is 9pp!! If that's the case then I've been over by 5 pp every day this week :( and I will put on for sure

The packets of cous cous that i use r 5 per half packet, think they're the ainsley harriet ones but at work just now so can't double check

X

MTMonster said:
The packets of cous cous that i use r 5 per half packet, think they're the ainsley harriet ones but at work just now so can't double check

X

2 of the ones I had were Ainsley Harriet! I've definitely eaten way over my allowance and will put on tomorrow again. I'm so bloody annoyed with myself! :(

Thanks MTMonster :) but I dont think if everyone had their fingers crossed that it would help! I used all my weeklies on Saturday as I had a party. No room for error.... x

Thanks MTMonster :) but I dont think if everyone had their fingers crossed that it would help! I used all my weeklies on Saturday as I had a party. No room for error.... x

If the worst comes to the worst and you have put on, don't let it get you down. You will know why, and it's not because you caved/gave in/went overboard, it's because of a stupid mistake. As far as you were aware you were sticking to the plan. And thus you have done really well. (*edit- just realised this sounds a bit harsh... didn't mean YOU were stupid for the mistake, meant the unclear packaging was stupid!!)

So IF (and it's a definite if!) you have gained, just draw a line under it and move on. You know now and won't make the mistake again :)

LOL! I knew what you meant ;-)

Thank you for that post. I think I've just been feeling a bit de-motivated over the last few weeks due to lack of losses. I upped my exercise this week to see if it would boost my loss, so maybe I'll at least STS tomorrow.....

The pen is ready to draw a big line under it! And lesson learnt x

Hi hope you don't gain hun :) but just wondering bout Cous Cous, I only tried it about a week ago and seems to be a good lunch! Just wondering what's the dried Cous Cous? I've seen the premade one with peppers and stuff in them.

Hope your wi goes well :) x

Hey :) well I lost half a pound amazingly! :-S must have been all the exercise this week that has saved me.

Anyway, when I say dried cous cous, I mean the packet ones you can get - Ainsley Harriott etc etc. I add salad veggies to it and it's bloody delish! Won't be making the mistake of having the whole packet this time though.... :-/ x

Back