Crazy Scales say I have put on 4lbs in 2 days.. please help me feel better.

MaybeImAmazed

Up until Weds I have been following WW, not going hungry and actually eating quite a lot. I decided to switch back to SW as I was missing cooking curries and rice which WW really doesnt allow too much of. I'd done SW for 5 years previous and lost 5 stone.

Yesterday I had a chinese takeaway, nothing too disastrous, egg fried rice and a chicken foo yung, today I had a jacket potato with beans and then for my tea I made boiled rice and HEB Chicken curry (no oil etc).

I had my last ww weigh in on Weds, and am joining my first SW class on Saturday morning.

I stepped on the scales before, just outta habit, and the scales have gone up 4lbs, surely this cannot be because I've eaten those meals? I feel so sad :-(

STOP! Mid week weigh ins are LIES!

Eating a chinese always bloats me up due to water retention cause of all the salt, I doubt it will be a true gain.

Now, STEP AWAY FROM THE SCALES.

It's not fat! It can't be fat! You are absolutely fine! 3500 calories equals one pound, so unless you ate 14,000 calories more than you burnt off in two days, it will not be stored fat.

Weight fluctuates throughout the day, due to fluid etc; you could be retaining more fluid due to the high salt content of Chinese food. Drink plenty of water, stick to the plan and everything will be OK.

Good luck on Saturday! xxx

Please look through a few pages of the general forum, you will find countless threads on this subject all with the smae advice as above and all with totally different outcomes to the mid week weigh.

come on! you have tried switching on a wednesday with a takeaway added in and you seem to think you will get results already????? having done slimming world before you should know better.

felicity62 said:
come on! you have tried switching on a wednesday with a takeaway added in and you seem to think you will get results already????? having done slimming world before you should know better.

Can't like on my iPhone but I like ALOT!

If theres one thing I've learnt in the 2 months I've been doing sw its not to bother taking any notice of what your own scales say...
Follow the plan, and the results should show when you weigh in :)

Also as felicity62 says... its far too early to be expecting a result anyway really...

Sorry perhaps I was unclear. I wasnt expecting a weight loss, Im just one of those people that always weigh regularly at home.

I just wasnt expecting a 4lb gain, and I guess I freaked out because of the change I presumed by increasing my carbs so much could I have really done some damage and was I really going to have to be careful how much rice/pasta I had (not that I eat huge amounts).

To that end you'd need to weigh everything in and out! Weigh once a week, excess calories from food takes 8 days to show as a gain!

MaybeImAmazed said:
Sorry perhaps I was unclear. I wasnt expecting a weight loss, Im just one of those people that always weigh regularly at home.

I just wasnt expecting a 4lb gain, and I guess I freaked out because of the change I presumed by increasing my carbs so much could I have really done some damage and was I really going to have to be careful how much rice/pasta I had (not that I eat huge amounts).

Well, good luck with the diet change. But if you want SW to work, you probably need to completely change your diet frame of mind to SW. You know that it doesn't work by portion reduction and it's a slow, steady weight loss. You're never going to see results at frequent weigh ins, just ups and downs due to fluid retention, the weight of a meal in your body or just plain needing to go to the loo lol. But psychologically, those differences can make you start reducing your portions ( because you think you've had to many carbs etc), and that can actually work against SW.

Good luck

Back