Credenhill's Diary

Oh wow, Laura, how terrible. Hope your hubby is okay.

The weather is lovely here - in fact, once I've finished off some work me and the DH are going geocaching down Reddish Vale. Nothing like a treasure hunt on a cold dry day :D

"treasure hunt?" (she said, curiously .... :))

Gosh Laura! Hope Your DH is okay!!!

The weather is lovely here too - cold of course - but lovely and sunny!! .... The advantages to living in the North you see ;)

I'm baby sitting youngest grandson this afternoon - he's only 7 months :) it'll be nice to have him on his own for a couple of hours. xx

Thanks for your concern - he will be ok and is all bandaged up! We have reported it to police as initially the dog was chasing my DS and it could have been him anyway this dog has apparently bitten before. They plan to treat it as a crime and so it could go further. This is so not us and feels very uncomfortable - but it would have been terrible if it had been one of the children and 3 of them were with him when it happened and are a bit traumatised by it all.....
Enjoy your GS Jan and hope you had a good walk shep, and did you find your treasure Caroline?? We have geo'ed with friends and it is fun! The children really enjoyed it! We had a long steep walk this pm on the moors - in fact I slipped and fell, x 2, which my friends thought was very funny!! I was fine !!It all happened in slow motion!

Thanks for your concern - he will be ok and is all bandaged up! We have reported it to police as initially the dog was chasing my DS and it could have been him anyway this dog has apparently bitten before. They plan to treat it as a crime and so it could go further. This is so not us and feels very uncomfortable - but it would have been terrible if it had been one of the children and 3 of them were with him when it happened and are a bit traumatised by it all.....
Enjoy your GS Jan and hope you had a good walk shep, and did you find your treasure Caroline?? We have geo'ed with friends and it is fun! The children really enjoyed it! We had a long steep walk this pm on the moors - in fact I slipped and fell, x 2, which my friends thought was very funny!! I was fine !!It all happened in slow motion!

Yes thanks had a lovely walk on the beach in the rain but hey daughter and dog enjoyed themselves, couldn't wait to get back to the car and have a cup of coffee. Popped into my mums on way home and stayed for hour or so to dry off so that was nice. Apart rom that spent 1 or so on the wii fit both my daughter and I played she loves hula hoops as well. Lots of fun then in the evening hubby and me played a board game something we haven't done in ages really good fun. Then to top all off I started my TOTM as well.

Morning all :D

Wow Jan, I can see you hehe! Nice pic :D

Geocaching - it's like a "treasure" hunt with GPS. You are given the co-ordinates and then have to find a package which can be the size of a thimble to a big ammunitions box. Not always anything really exciting in the boxes but you log your name and it gives you a purpose to the walk, if you know what I mean.

We ended up not going as it honestly looked like rain and the area would have been really muddy (not to mention covered in doggie do!).

WI - woohoo! I made my target - 19 stone on the dot!! I'm so so so so chuffed. That's 10lbs gone in, technically, two weeks and 3 days on Diet Chef.

Starting Go Lower today for a change. Here's to that 18 stone target :D

WooHoo!!!! Well Done Caroline!!! :banana dancer::banana dancer::woohoo:What a FAB result!!

That geocaching sounds like fun - but we don't have a GPS ......

Thanks Jan - I'm so chuffed :D It's really spurring me on and I'm still feeling confident. Normally, I'd have quit by now.

Did my first day of Go Lower today and have discovered the food of the Gods - truly the broccoli and cheese soup is divine. Of course, after a few weeks, it may not be so holy hehe!

I'm glad it's so yummy!!! DOn't be tempting me to change yet though! I have 3 weeks worth of dietchef/weight to go meals in the cupboards ..... and it's dearer ;)

May be tempted one day though, for a change.

Carry on being chuffed - you've every right to be!!

Hello Caroline - CONGRATULATIONS:D:D:p:p:cool::cool: and. . . . . . . . . .

WELL DONE YOU!:553: (not sure what the balloons are ??? - but thought they looked nice )
10lbs is soooooooooooooooo GOOD!!!!
I was planning on staying on DC forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well not exactly but I now plan to look at all these other options now!! Certainly it is perhaps a good idea to chop and change a bit - variety being the spice of life ect.......... I will be interested to hear the diffences between all the plans!!

Oh dear - didn't mean to lead people into temptation :p Me bad!

Laura - so hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Had a good day yesterday. Tried the baby spinach - had it steamed. It was really nice, which is good as I have another pack for tonight.

Just had breakfast and must say, today it did not even touch the sides. Oh well, big mug of coffee should satisfy me :D

Woh, I was just in the kitchen making a decaf when I looked down, saw my belly and got an overwhelming feeling of despair and self-doubt - all of a sudden the task before me seemed just too difficult.

Then I bashed myself mentally and picked myself up and reminded myself that there are plenty of people on MiniMins who have lost more than I need to.

Stupid head!

Last edited:
Awww Caroline!!! :patback: You were so positive a few hours before this post!!!

You're allowed a wobble every now and again but you MUST know intelectually how well you're doing and how you're sooo on the right track etc etc etc ..... I say intelectually (even though I'm not sure I'm spelling it right :eek:) because I DO know that there can be a HUGE difference between knowing it and 'feeling' it.

I guess the trick is to hang on to the knowing it until we can get back to the feeling it again.

It can sometimes feel like a huge mountain we're climbing but I try to think of it as .... instead of climbing the mountain - I actually DID that when I put the weight (back) on - what I'm doing now is sliding down the other side leaving the odd pound here and there on the way! I just find that 'feels' less resistant and more 'in the flow' ....

If I'm not making any sense just ignore me ...... :whistle: WHO???? I know what I mean!

Anyway - HUGE ***hugs*** (I can't find any smiley hugs apart from the group one and a couple snogging the faces off each other - didn't think you'd appreciate that!)

Try to stay in the moment - one day at a time .... baby steps ... xxxx

(I shall now p**s off and try to take my own advice :eek:)

We can do it!! I also have a long path to travel and probably will be here for a long long time!!
Got my first stone off today!! (Well 15 lbs.......)
Now all I want off is a few pounds a week!! Not much hey!!

Jan - you make sense to me. I refuse to listen to the crazy voice of doubt. I find that looking back and examining the calendar helps. Ended up having a 100% day. Your post did buck me up - thank you :D

Laura :553: Woohoo! Blimey, you are doing so well. Wow! Paarrrrrrrrrrtaaaaaaaaaaay! hehe!

Hi Caroline!

Glad you got over your crazy moment - but that's what we're here for isn't it?

Hope you have a good one today :):)

Thanks Jan :)

So you have a good night?

Not much planned for today myself - work, study, work, eat, sleep, etc. Oh what an exciting life I lead hehe! Mind you I wouldn't want chaos.

It was nice and sunny first thing but now it's a hazy mist outside. Typical, cos me put on a load of washing.

What are you studying for Caroline and is it an Open Uni type course? Think I should look into one of those eventually, staying with the council for now until can escape with having a baby lol Thought I'd take a couple of years off then but study to do something more enjoyable.

Feeling okay on the diet front, eyes are stinging from making french onion soup lol Still got a couple of DC packs left but have gone right off them, partly it's because I've got my mind set on avoiding meat already though haven't cut out dairy yet plus been wanting to cook more again and pinging stuff in the microwave doesn't really count lol

Still need more sleep, stayed up a while watching supersize vs superskinny and too fat too young last night on C4 and then got carried away guitar hero'ing again, oops. Decided going to have a couple of beer bottles on friday, don't drink very often, dunno how to work out the calories, they don't like to scare you putting that info on most of the packaging do they?!

I didn't eat anything I shouldn't but I did have 3 vodkas - home measures not pub ;)

We shall see what the scales dictate my mood will be later :confused:

I'm about to eat my granola (I have v v v late breakie the day I start work if I can, to save my soup for in the night) then I'm going to take the dog for a walk :chores016: - then i may watch Lost before going to get weighed and weigh everyone else at SW.
I don't do much on the day i start my nights. It was lovely and sunny here before - clouding over a bit now x

LoChan - I'm studying science and hoping to do a few biology, pharmacology and such like courses. Currently doing S104 which is the first general science year. I'm stuck between loving it and sometimes hating it hehe! Well worth doing though. Even if I am doing it as a hobby/self-development thing. Keeps my brain going.

You can usually find a website or two that has the calories on for beer, etc. Just put it in google and see what you find.

Jan - can't wait to find out how you've done. I figure you must have lost cos you've been so good. Fingers crossed for you :D

I'm having a hungry afternoon but am filling up on water and herbal tea.

Sardines - they are all I've been able to think about all day! Why sardines I ask myself - but alas, the brain just whispers, "You want sardines, a can of sardines" :p

Think I'm entering that insane stage :p

Back