cross trainers

Discussion in 'SlimFast' started by aiming for size 12, 16 February 2010 Social URL.

1. aiming for size 12

aiming for size 12 Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.86%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    hi i have just bought one, had one before and think they are really great, problem is i was only able to do 5 mins on it today (WANTED TO STOP AT 2MINS 17 SECS!!!) should i stick at it and add 30 secs or a minute each workout to build it up? thanks for any advice

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. mrskim

mrskim Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I have a cross trainer and cant get the hang of it. But... i would say try to go as long as you can. Why do you stop? i stop because i feel like i cant hold my own weight and my legs begin to cane after about 1 and a half mins and i look a sorry figure sliding down the handles still trying to "pedal" for all my life, I see other people on them going great guns, i really should push myself but this is one piece of gym equipment i cant seem to get on with. Maybe we should have a challenge 5 mins a day for so many days then start to raise the bar (slowly) on a daily basis.

4. aiming for size 12

aiming for size 12 Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.86%)
    Diet:
    slim fast
    i stop because i thought my lungs were going to explode out my ears :eek: yeah 5 mins to start sounds good

5. NewDawn

NewDawn Bring on the trumpets

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(8.18%)
    I have a cross trainer and if you set yourself a start target of 5 mins....you will build your fitness up quite quickly.....the secret is not to be defeated...soon it will be 7...10..20....

Good luck :D

6. *Theresa*

*Theresa* Full Member

I have a crosstrainer and I find it makes a particularly good clothes horse :eek:.

Well done you for making the proper use and I am sure you will build up the time slow but sure.....must go dig mine out from under all the clothes now as I am shamed back onto it ;)

7. sacha

sacha Banned

Start Weight:
    10st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.44%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers
    put some good tunes on and push and push to 5 mins, have a break n try another 5! I got to 15-20mins doin that!

8. crazyasadaizy

crazyasadaizy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(9.49%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I love my crosstrainer!! Think its loads easier than any other piece of gym equipment! I can do 30 mins on it....but then only managed 30 seconds of skipping the otherday as i thought i was about to die, lol! Just depends what you get used to i reckon!!

9. kate65

kate65 Member

Diet:
    slim fast
    im glad there are other people like me. lol ;)

The idea is that you try to do more and more each time or few times you go on it. even if you start off only doing a few minutes if you keep at it that few minutes will extend.

pmsl at using it as a clothes horse! :D

I've just invested in a treadmill... god help me :eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.