cross trainers

hi i have just bought one, had one before and think they are really great, problem is i was only able to do 5 mins on it today (WANTED TO STOP AT 2MINS 17 SECS!!!) should i stick at it and add 30 secs or a minute each workout to build it up? thanks for any advice

I have a cross trainer and cant get the hang of it. But... i would say try to go as long as you can. Why do you stop? i stop because i feel like i cant hold my own weight and my legs begin to cane after about 1 and a half mins and i look a sorry figure sliding down the handles still trying to "pedal" for all my life, I see other people on them going great guns, i really should push myself but this is one piece of gym equipment i cant seem to get on with. Maybe we should have a challenge 5 mins a day for so many days then start to raise the bar (slowly) on a daily basis.

I have a cross trainer and if you set yourself a start target of 5 mins....you will build your fitness up quite quickly.....the secret is not to be defeated...soon it will be 7...10..20....

Good luck :D

I have a crosstrainer and I find it makes a particularly good clothes horse :eek:.

Well done you for making the proper use and I am sure you will build up the time slow but sure.....must go dig mine out from under all the clothes now as I am shamed back onto it ;)

put some good tunes on and push and push to 5 mins, have a break n try another 5! I got to 15-20mins doin that!

I love my crosstrainer!! Think its loads easier than any other piece of gym equipment! I can do 30 mins on it....but then only managed 30 seconds of skipping the otherday as i thought i was about to die, lol! Just depends what you get used to i reckon!!

im glad there are other people like me. lol ;)

The idea is that you try to do more and more each time or few times you go on it. even if you start off only doing a few minutes if you keep at it that few minutes will extend.

pmsl at using it as a clothes horse! :D

I've just invested in a treadmill... god help me :eek:

Back