Cruise: Lausanne is losing it!

Lausanne

I can if I think I can.
Hi all, just started Dukan a few days ago and have been lurking here. I'm great at losing weight and terrible at keeping it off. :eek: On other well known diets I would reach goal but the bad eating habits slowly crept back. I'm determined that this will be the last time I will have to lose a lot of weight and think working through the four stages of Dukan will help me maintain. I'm on the 2nd last day of attack.

Breakfast: Quark sweetened with Stevia
Snack: Coffee flav 0% Yogurt
Lunch: Chicken Breast with spices
Snack: Quark sweetened with Stevia and flavoured with vanilla
Dinner: tofu and dukan galettes
Dessert: 0% natural yog
Supper: Quark sweetened with Stevia

Water: 2l
Diet 7up: 500ml
Herbal Tea

As you can see I eat often! :p Am new to Quark on this diet and loving it - so creamy and yum!

Last edited:
Last day of attack today and boy oh boy am I looking forward to some tomatoes, lettuce, broccolli...mmmm.

So plan for today which is more to make me decide if I need to go shopping than something to stick rigidly to! :p Will update later if it changes.

B: Dukan Pancakes, lf Ham, scrape of Phili Light (in an attempt to mimic a sandwich!)
Snack/Early lunch: Smoked Salmon, Quark sweetened with Stevia
S: Vanilla flavoured quark
D: Tofu and egg white Omelette
Supper: Quark and rhubarb sweetened with Stevia

Drinks
2L water
1L Coke Zero
Herbal tea

A bit nervous about Cruise - have to lose quite a bit and will take a fair while. Am worried about falling off the wagon to be honest.

Last edited:
Update for 04.08.11

B: Dukan Pancakes, lf Ham, scrape of Phili Light (in an attempt to mimic a sandwich!)
Snack/Early lunch: Smoked Salmon, Quark sweetened with Stevia
S: Vanilla flavoured quark
D: 2 Beefsteak Burgers less than 5% fat
Supper: vanilla flavoured Quark

Drinks
2.5L water
1 - Herbal tea

Exercise - 40 min walk

Good morning all! And what a wonderful first day of cruise it will be! Veggies, veggies, veggies!! So am in the strange situation of not being able to weigh - won't have access to a scales until I return home at the end of the month. Good thing? Bad thing? I guess I won't be disillusioned by ups and downs of pp/pv but I can already imagine the big time butterflies when I do go to step on the scales. Admittedly I'm very curious to know what I lost on attack - hopefully I lost something but I feel a bit slimmer especially round the tum and feeling good in myself. In lieu of the scales I have a tape measure so will post a weekly waist measurement instead. Didn't take a pre-attack measurement but as I started Dukan just before TOTM it would be a bit skewed anyhow. So waist measurement today 93cm/36.6" That in itself is a kick up the backside to lose weight so a goal will be to get under the 35" recommended for lassies.
When I put on weight it all goes straight around my middle - I'm an apple for sure. At 5ft4 and being short waisted when I'm carrying weight I despair of my protruding tum! When I'm slim, I'm a definite hourglass. One of my incentives is to be able to wear beautiful dresses and I've decided that rather than wait to lose all the weight before clothes shopping, I'm going to buy a frock at the start of each month and hopefully the sizes will keep getting smaller.
Felt like a kid in a toy shop yesterday when shopping for the veg for today. The temptation was to buy loads but I have great advisers posting here telling me 2/3 protein, 1/3 veg.
Summertime is hardest for passing by the scrumptious fruit though- have been chewing fruit flavoured sugarfree gum in consolation. Wouldn't normally pick fruity flavours but they actually hit the spot.
Anyways enough random rambling, here's to a delightful Dukan day for us all!:)

Do you know that diary is limited to 1kg in Cruise?

Another thing Lausanne, it's not Philadelphia Light that's the tolerated substance allowed in 30g portions per day but Philli EXTRA Lite. I can't find it in France; Are you sure you're finding the right one in Switzerland? (I can't find quark either here!)

I too was going to give you a dairy limit warning.

Could you also update your User CP please? Your height? Then BMI will automatically calculate. Your target looks very low to me.

Rambling is good! :D

Another thing Lausanne, it's not Philadelphia Light that's the tolerated substance allowed in 30g portions per day but Philli EXTRA Lite. I can't find it in France; Are you sure you're finding the right one in Switzerland? (I can't find quark either here!)

I too was going to give you a dairy limit warning.

Could you also update your User CP please? Your height? Then BMI will automatically calculate. Your target looks very low to me.

Rambling is good! :D

Yep, Phili is now in the bin. It's called Philidelphia Balance here in Switzerland but fat content is 5%. So a no no! :eek: Thanks for keep me right, folks!
'Magerquark' is readily available here in all the supermarkets in Switzerland.
100g = 60kcal, 10g protein, 4g carbohydrate, fat 0.2g
Ingredients = pasturised skimmed milk.

Another poster kindly told me about the diary limit so I'm sticking to about 600g a day now. I don't want to snack on packaged meat as they're generally high in salt and because of cholesterol I want to limit egg yolks to one a day. I am a person who likes to eat less at a meal and have a snack between.

I have put in my height as 64 in the inches box and it comes up in the side bar as 5'4" but no BMI info showing :confused: Do you need a certain number of posts perhaps? The weight of 122lbs was the ideal weight given by the Dukan site and I felt it was low too but I'll know better as I go if it is unrealistic. It is a BMI of 20.9 I have no problem calling a halt at a higher weight if I feel healthy and happy.

Thanks a mil for your help, Joanne.:)

Last edited:
Food yesterday (This week's Cruise pattern = PP,PP,PP,PP,PV,PV,PV)
B: omelette (1y + 3w) with tofu and 3 pomodoro tomatoes
S: 125g quark mixed with 62g vanilla quark
L: 250g chicken breast, rocket and 3 pomodoro tomatoes
S: 180g natural yogurt with 2 tbsp oatbran sweetened with Stevia
D: 150g cod with cabbage, broccoli and sauce(150ml skimmed milk, dtsp cornflour, black pepper)
S:125g quark mixed with 62g vanilla quark

Drinks:
1.5L water
2 herbal teas
1L Coke Zero

Exercise:
20 min walk

Looking back over yesterday's food and some of the diaries on here I think I'm eating too much esp dairy so will try to cut back on the dairy snacks between meals. I'm questioning if I'm eating due to hunger or habit. I've always eaten smaller meals and had snacks between - some notion of keeping the metabolism fired up! Anja kindly posted for me that 2gr pure protein per kilo weight was a target to aim for so more than managed that yesterday with the chicken and fish. I was very aware looking at my plate of keeping the 2/3 protein to 1/3 veg balance. Good job I was told this as I probably would have gorged myself silly on veggies after days of none. :p

Is it a notion to me but are people on dukan eating quite a little amount? Granted often people don't post quantities so when they say turkey breast slices maybe it's a stack of them! - read a post where the person had calculated their calories just for curiosity and had eaten 1059 calories that day. Maybe I'm a greedy mare but that would seem too low to me.

That's this morning's musings. Have a date with my lovely hubby to visit an art gallery today. Will post food later. Have a great Saturday!:)

(This week's Cruise pattern =PP,PP,PP,PP,PV,PV,PV)

B: 1 egg scrambled, 180g coffee flav yogurt
L: 100g tofu, rocket and cherry tomatoes
D: 190g salmon, 'courgette tagliatelle', brocolli and sauce( 1tbsp quark, tsp mustard, black pepper)
S: 200g quark mived with 2 tbsp oatbran, vanilla and stevia

Drinks
2.5L water
500ml 7Up light
1 americano tall

Exercise: 30 min walk

Morning! I love Sundays - good to chill and 'footer' about! Had a fab day yesterday at the art museum 'Collection de l'Art Brut' -there were some awesome pieces. These artworks were created by people living on the fringe of society - criminals, patients at psychiatric hospitals, people with autism, Down Syndrome, mutism etc. I really enjoyed it. My poor OH, whilst he said it was good I knew he'd much rather go to a technical museum!
Foodwise yesterday I found I wasn't as hungry as normal. When we went for coffee after the art gallery, my OH had a slice of chocolate truffle cake which looked and apparently tasted fab and I can honestly say I sat and nursed my coffee and did not feel even the slightest bit deprived. On any other diet I would have felt hard done by - I wonder does Dukan decrease the desire for sweet food?
Had a delish dinner yesterday - I grated courgette in long strips and used it like a pasta base. I read this idea on a thread here - genius!
Have been reading a lot of the diaries on here and the comraderie is lovely. When your dedication shows on the scales or in your clothing there is a great outpouring of congrats but when you're straying, you'll get a gentle nudge to say "You know better than this!":)

Off to have a long relaxing bath. Have a lovely Sunday!

(This week's Cruise pattern=PP,PP,PP,PP,PV,PV,PV)

B: dukan custard with rhubarb
S: cherry tomatoes, 125g vanilla flavoured quark
L: 100g tofu with cauliflower mash
S: 125g vanilla flavoured quark
D: 100g tuna steak with cabbage
S: 250g quark mixed with 2 tbsp oatbran, vanilla and stevia

Drinks
1.5L water
1L 7Up light
Herbal tea

Exercise: 60 min walk

Hi!
I think your BMI doesn't show because you've not put in your current weight.
I think it will show after you've done that.
Good luck! :)

Hi!
I think your BMI doesn't show because you've not put in your current weight.
I think it will show after you've done that.
Good luck! :)

You're right, Red Heart. Have no access to the scales at the mo but I put in a 2 pound loss just to get a BMI. Won't get to weigh in until I get home from hols at the end of the month. Thanks for that! :)

So, I'm nowhere near as hungry as normal. Feel like I couldn't care if I never ate a biscuit, cake or chocolate again! Perhaps I've been invaded by body snatchers!:p If you have said I would be writing the above two weeks ago I would have laughed.
Note to self: I will have to start eating my oatbran earlier in the day - I didn't plan on eating the bran until suppertime, wasn't the slightest bit hungry like I usually am but ate a yogurt as I knew I had to eat the bran.
Also have started to get dry mouth - I drank 3L of water and 1L 7Up Light yesterday. My tummy is much less bloated and my face is not as puffy. I put on a trackie that I hadn't worn since starting Dukan and it fit so much better. Nice to have some signs of progress when not able to weigh.
Was thinking last night before drifting off to sleep how Dukan is different. On other calorie restricted diets I would be dreaming of food and constantly thinking about what I could eat next. I would skimp on the healthy foods to have enough calories/points for sugary junk. With Dukan I'm less pre-occupied with food - if I want something to eat I can have something from the list, no deprivation and I'm not constantly thinking about it. The only thought required really is to make sure the kitchen is stocked with Dukan food and to follow the rules. When I return home to my own kitchen I'm looking forward to trying out some of the recipes posted on the site - with an estimated 147 days of cruise it'll be important to keep adding variety.

Going to head out now for a walk along the lake. The sun is out and the views are beautiful!

Have a great day, folks!:)

(This week's Cruise pattern=PP,PP,PP,PV,PV,PV, PV)

B: 200g Quark
S: 180g coffee flav. yogurt
L: homemade tuna fishcakes (100g tuna steak, soy sauce, 2tbsp oatbran, egg, capers, pepper)
S: 125g vanilla flavoured quark
D: 250g chicken breast with 1 tbsp quark and chives
S: (if hungry, 200g quark sweetened with stevia)

Drinks:
3L water
500ml Coke Zero
Herbal Tea

Exercise:
60 min walk

Morning all! (she says as she watches the tumbleweed roll by in the lonely Dukan Diary Desert :p)

I can see people are reading but not responding and before getting despondent and feeling unloved :cry:;) I thought I'm not posting much in other diaries even though I'm reading them. So I'll get better at posting rather than just being a voyeur!

So I'll waffle away here regardless - I find it quite therapeautic (sp?). I kept a food diary online before and lost almost two stone but I was calorie counting and when life got stressful with work I found I didn't keep it up. I also felt hungry a lot of the time and chose junk instead of food - so calorie counting is not for me!

I'm planning an art gallery visit and a boat cruise on the lake today, love being on holiday. I must this week think about how I'll organise Dukaning when I return to work. The first 5-6 weeks of term are usually busy anyhow, but I recently have got a promotion and have undertaken other mentoring responsibilities so will be even more frantic than usual. Putting my weight loss as a high priority despite all this will need thought and planning.

Ok lurkers, :p have a good one!

Don't feel lonely and unloved, Lausanne! :)

I've not got a huge lot of time at the moment and I guess it's busy season for everyone, so there's perhaps not so much interaction with diaries as in the past at the moment. It's quicker to have a read, than to reply is the reason, I reckon.

I'm jealous of your boat cruise as I can't get enough of being on the water. My husband gets seasick, so I don't get the chance as often as I'd like.

Enjoy your holiday!

Back