Cruise: Lausanne is losing it!

Aw thanks for replying Dukandebut, was mostly tongue in cheek. It's summertime - most people are enjoying the outdoors, I bet it's much busier in winter especially January!

Boat trip was fab - lovely sunshine with a wee breeze to keep you cool. Feeling very relaxed now.

(This week's Cruise pattern=PP,PP,PP,PV,PV,PV, PV)

B: chopped boiled eggs (1 yolk + 4 whites) with chives and dspn quark
S: 30g Smoked Salmon, 125g vanilla flav quark
D: homemade burgers (250g 5% mince, 2 tbsp oatbran, egg white, soy sauce, chopped parsley and black pepper)
S: 180g vanilla yogurt mixed with 200g Quark

(no lunch I know, badly planned :eek:! Will eat a good supper instead.)

Drinks:
Herbal Tea
Black coffee
500ml Coke Zero
2L water

Exercise:
30 min walk and a gazillion stairs! :p
Fav. workout tune today: Ride on Time ~ Black Box

Hi Lausanne,
I tend to look at the forum when I am on my ipad and it is a lot of faff to log in and post :eek:, so I tend to wait until I switch on my lappy!
Keep going, you are doing well!

Hi Lausanne,
I tend to look at the forum when I am on my ipad and it is a lot of faff to log in and post :eek:, so I tend to wait until I switch on my lappy!
Keep going, you are doing well!

Thanks, chica! I do a lot of reading too without posting a comment. So far so very good with Dukan - here's to onwards and downwards.:) Lucky you, more than half way there, fair play!

August 5th:
So waist measurement today 93cm/36.6" That in itself is a kick up the backside to lose weight so a goal will be to get under the 35" recommended for lassies.

August 10th:
Waist measurement today 91cm/35.8"

Yay! A wee non scale victory:party0011: Nice to see Dukan is working. Here's to getting under that 35" and then lower still. Feeling very curious about pounds lost - might nosy into pharmacies to see if they have scales like some do back home.

Read over a few diaries last night and I see a lot of people stop posting after a few weeks. That's the thing I'm worried about. I'm all gung ho at the moment so hope I don't run out of steam. The plus side of Dukan is that once you have the hang of it and are in a routine it seems like it should be easy enough to stick too. The negative side and the part that seems to cause folks to have a wobbly is that it doesn't fit in with a lot of social occasions when we cannot control the meals eg. weddings/family celebrations etc when there are no Dukan friendly foods on offer. I hardly drink even when not the designated driver so at least that's one less hurdle. I know that once I tell people I'm trying to lose weight I feel pressured and tend to give up. When I just potter on myself without telling folk I do better. How do you cope - have you found it better to tell about Dukan or do you make up another 'white lie' reason?

Heading to the Paul Klee Art Centre in Bern today - and yes, I love art! The collection I saw yesterday at the Fondation de l'Hermitage was excellent - Van Gogh, Bonnard and Valloten. They had Van Gogh's 1888 The Sower on exhibition, and truthfully before this summer I wouldn't have been a major fan but having seen a couple of his paintings in reality the last few weeks had really changed my view. The use of colour is so intense - images on computer or prints don't do the paintings justice at all. Switzerland has great art museums. There is an exhibition of Monet paintings in Martigny that I went to last week which I really enjoyed.

Have a great day, everyone! :)

Hi Lausanne I think im going to go down the white lie route too cannot be bothered with the negative comments usually from slim people or having to justify why. Im back to work from the 5th Sept and thats when I will have to be Dukan planning and spot on. Work in an FE College with 3 cafes!!!
Have a lovely day and think of me doing housework - ughhhhhhhhh x

Hopefully there'll be plenty to choose from in at least 1 of the cafés. I'll be trying to be very low key with my lunchbox in the staff room - I'm thinking that if I take in the Dukan pancakes or muffins, people won't twig that I'm not eating the old sambos! We'll just have to be creative - the old "I'm avoiding wheat, I just don't think it agrees with me" goes along way at other people's houses, especially if you give them a heads up before you arrive and are able to suggest a wee salad instead. :)

Hi Lausanne

Sounds like you're having a lovely holiday. I'm heading to Provence tomorrow, can't wait. But so much to do, so little time. I won't be on here again for a while.

I didn't tell anyone I'd started a diet (apart from my wife of course) for the first few weeks, because I knew all the questions and attention would just put me under pressure that I didn't need. And once everyone knows, you just have to be strong and stick to your guns when people offer you things they know you can't have. Because Dukan is pretty extreme, some people seem to have a problem with it. But it is their problem. Be firm, and if they continue, ignore them! They'll get the message.

I noticed you've been listening to Ride On Time? I haven't heard that in over 20 years. My favourite work-out song at the moment is Long Train Running by The Doobie Brothers. It's funk-tastic!

Mark

Waves a big hello, thanks so much for posting get well wishes on my diary.
Feeling tons better now so popping in to say hi :)
Love your posts!! I agree with so many things you say, especially about not even thinking about food 24/7. This plan is so easy as in if your hungry eat :D I very rarely spend too much time thinking about what to eat - hubbie and I are following together and 4 weeks in its like second nature now.
We went on holiday to Interlarken 2 years ago - Switzerland is such a beautiful country ( but expensive :eek: )

This year ( on 20th ) were going to Grand Bornand which is fiarly near to Geneva - we do love our amazing views :)
Lots of travelling but we think nothing now of towing our caravan 700 miles to enjoy beautiful places :D

Hope you are well today
xx

Hi Lausanne

Sounds like you're having a lovely holiday. I'm heading to Provence tomorrow, can't wait. But so much to do, so little time. I won't be on here again for a while.

I didn't tell anyone I'd started a diet (apart from my wife of course) for the first few weeks, because I knew all the questions and attention would just put me under pressure that I didn't need. And once everyone knows, you just have to be strong and stick to your guns when people offer you things they know you can't have. Because Dukan is pretty extreme, some people seem to have a problem with it. But it is their problem. Be firm, and if they continue, ignore them! They'll get the message.

I noticed you've been listening to Ride On Time? I haven't heard that in over 20 years. My favourite work-out song at the moment is Long Train Running by The Doobie Brothers. It's funk-tastic!

Mark

Thanks for the great advice, Mark. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.. the worst will be dinner at my mother's. She is the typical Irish matriarch - "Sure, what harm could a wee spud do?":p

Must check out that tune - could be a new one to pound the pavements to! :D

Waves a big hello, thanks so much for posting get well wishes on my diary.
Feeling tons better now so popping in to say hi :)
Love your posts!! I agree with so many things you say, especially about not even thinking about food 24/7. This plan is so easy as in if your hungry eat :D I very rarely spend too much time thinking about what to eat - hubbie and I are following together and 4 weeks in its like second nature now.
We went on holiday to Interlarken 2 years ago - Switzerland is such a beautiful country ( but expensive :eek: )

This year ( on 20th ) were going to Grand Bornand which is fiarly near to Geneva - we do love our amazing views :)
Lots of travelling but we think nothing now of towing our caravan 700 miles to enjoy beautiful places :D

Hope you are well today
xx

Yep! Switzerland is breathtaking, both in terms of scenery and how fast your wallet empties! :p My hubby had me warned how expensive it was and I was like "Yeah, yeah!" and now my catchphrase is "How much?!!" Meat and fish is so expensive compared to home - Dukaning ain't cheap here that's for sure. It's a good job I don't drink or smoke!

Lovely to have your holiday ahead of you and with your husband doing the Dukan too, you'll be able to help each other stay on plan. :)

B: 125g vanilla flav. quark
Early Lunch: 170g oven baked salmon, savoury dukan pancakes with black pepper and chives. (yum!)
S: 50g turkey breast, 200g quark
D: 225g oven baked catfish with herby quark
S: 250g quark with 100g rhubarb

Drinks:
Herbal Tea
Black coffee
500ml Coke Zero
2L water

Exercise:
30 min walk
Fav. workout tune today: Beat It by Michael Jackson

I thought that you must have a Swiss connection, given your username, Lausanne. What a beautiful place to live, even if it is horrendously expensive.

Three more weeks to enjoy it, then back home to an equally lovely part of Ireland! :)

B: Dukan pancakes, 30g smoked salmon and creamy mushrooms (added tsp mustard, dspn quark and parsley to dry fried mushrooms)
L: 90g sardines, 60g turkey breast and 2 tomatoes
D: 250g 5% mince beef made with passata plus a small amount of courgette, aubergine, leek and turnip
S: (if hungry) 125g vanilla flavoured quark

Drinks:
Black coffee
3L water

Exercise:
30 min walk
Fav. workout tune today: Lose Yourself by Eminem

August 2011
Dear Slimmer Me,
For the rest of your life I am going to ask you to promise only onething – when losing weight and you have cravings read this, when you’re losing weight and you want to throw in the towel read this, when you’ve lost the weight and you know you’re slipping back to eating the wrong amounts or the wrong foods read this, when you’ve lost the weight and see the scales edging more than 5lbs upwards read this. Surely you can do this one thing for yourself, aren’t you important enough?
You take pride in trying to live a life being friendly, kind and truthful so you can be the best you can be spiritually, you take pride in always learning new things, to being open to new and different viewpoints so you can be the best you can be intellectually, you want to be proud of a slim, strong, healthy body so you can be the best you can be physically. All three need reflection, perseverance and dedication from you and no one else.
Don’t allow others to dissuade you in this journey of losing weight and keeping it off forever. You are very unhappy when overweight, you hate going to your wardrobe and struggling to find something that covers the rolls and the bulges, you are tired of catching yourself in the mirror and wondering who the hell that big person is, you are fed up of trying to disguise the extra weight in layers and dark colours. Be strong and refuse food that you do not want, develop a polite, friendly firm way of refusing the food that will make you put on weight. Be slim long enough and people will get used to the fact that you are thin and when you refuse food they will say “Sure, isn’t that why you’re so slim?”
You love going to the shops/wardrobe and putting on clothes that make you feel a million dollars, you love dressing in bright colours, interesting styles, beautiful footwear, gorgeous quirky jewellery, you love the confident feeling if gives you. You know you only want to give this silent shout to the world “Look at me, I’m proud of me!” when you are slim and toned.
You feel miserable when you are overweight – you want to sneak into the background of photographs or better still avoid them altogether. You are reluctant to meet new people; you are embarrassed to meet old friends that you haven’t seen in a while. You feel guilty that you are not setting a better example to the children you teach, you feel guilty that the slim girl your husband met no longer exists. You feel like a failure and it has nothing to do with other people, you know you’ve failed yourself.
Early memories of sneaking food in childhood, of adults laughing at how much you ate and marvelling at your great appetite are painful and you want to push those memories far into a dark corner and pretend they have nothing to do with you. Sod that! Let’s bring those memories out and get a good look at them. Ever since you remember you have had a pudgy belly, you were never happy with your body, you always felt inferior; everyone was slimmer, more beautiful than you. You always felt awkward, big and ungainly. You ate to smother these negative emotions. You ate to distract yourself from these painful issues; you ate to be too busy to face up to them.
You confused the pleasure and comfort of food as a way to feel better. You now know that food can never be a substitute for love, now that you’re older you know that you are not to blame for the failures of others. It is time to become more aware of who you are, develop interiority, be less influenced by the negativity and shortcomings of others. Accept that we are all human, accept that you cannot force a loving relationship from a parent who is incapable of such love; accept that you cannot rely on a supportive relationship with adult siblings who have their own issues with food.
Thirty four years of living and you were only happy with your weight a small amount of the time. It has to stop. Each year on your birthday you say to yourself “Next year I’ll be slim.” But you’re never are. This is the last year that you have let yourself down. On your 35th birthday you will be slim, you will step on the scales and be thrilled with the number you see, you will be able to go to your wardrobe and select a fabulous frock and you will feel a million dollars and you will be proud of yourself. You will do this every year as your birthday present to yourself for the rest of your life.
When you close your eyes and imagine yourself, it’s a slim, confident, laughing, radiant person you envisage. Open your eyes, take a good hard look in the mirror, what do you see? What does it say about much you value yourself? Lose this weight – keep the weight off. You only live once and you deserve better than a life full of regrets. Every day, take a step closer to being the best you can be. You’ve already started on the journey so just keep plodding on, putting one foot in front of the other in the right direction, it will keep getting easier and soon you’ll be whizzing along with a spring in your step.
Yours sincerely,
Overweight Me.

I feel exposed with this letter.
I feel embarrassed about my weight.
I feel scared that I cannot control my addiction to food.
I feel miserable about my unhealthy relationship with food.

I'm sick of feeling embarrassed, scared, miserable. Life is too short. I wrote the letter above to motivate myself and I found it very liberating. I have much to think about but I am determined that I will lose this weight. I hope you will help me in my journey and I will surely do the same for you. :)

I feel exposed with this letter.
I feel embarrassed about my weight.
I feel scared that I cannot control my addiction to food.
I feel miserable about my unhealthy relationship with food.

I'm sick of feeling embarrassed, scared, miserable. Life is too short. I wrote the letter above to motivate myself and I found it very liberating. I have much to think about but I am determined that I will lose this weight. I hope you will help me in my journey and I will surely do the same for you. :)

Wow that letter is amazing and I can and i suspect something that many of us can relate too. What an amazing thing to do xx

Thanks for your words of support, Claire. Being off work has given me time to get my head straight. Not long now til you're off on hols too :) Xx

(This week's Cruise pattern=PP,PP,PP,PV,PV,PV,PV)

B: 2 slices smoked salmon, 2 tomatoes
S: 125g vanilla flavoured quark
L: 250g chicken breast made with passata plus a small amount of aubergine, turnip and parsley
D:225g oven baked salmon with courgettes and leek in a herby quark sauce
S: Sweet Dukan pancakes and stewed rhubarb

Drinks:
Black coffee
3L water

Exercise:
60 min walk
Fav. workout tune today: Sweat by David Guetta

Back