Cruise....What combo?

and a beautiful city to live in :D

and beautiful prices to pay too! one of our guests lives in Central London and found our hypermarket in the country to be expensive, whereas it's so cheap to us after the city!

I've only ever been through Paris in the night, it was gorgeous. Very very pretty

I went with college for a weeks exchange and went a couple of weeks later to eurodisney and went to paris for the day.
when i lived in milton keynes i went on eurostar just for the day.
i love it x

I came for a week's holiday in 1985... moved here the next summer, and haven't looked back...

I lie... I'd now love to move to my country place full time... but need a lottery win cos there's just no work out there alas...

I've a friend in MK... (Wolverton)

ahh ill remember you when i win the lotto. Im buying a place near cathy and one in paris and where cheryl and caz are too. Or maybe ill just get a huge winnebago :D

ah Yes wolverton. I lived all over :D

Why so nomadic?

cos there are so many beautiful places in this country and the world i get itchy feet :D

aaah ok...

you must have a little of that to move to paris?

not really no... just came and didn't move... I've been here now 24.5 years, same job for 21.5 of them, same flat for 16 of them.

Brave, me?

ah lol. a long time!!! anything you miss about the uk? branston pickle? quality st?

I have stocks of branston, salad cream, hp, piccalilli (the latter two for other half!) all sorts! We keep a running shopping list for the UK for such things... I always buy a few of those big tubs of sweets at Christmas and they last a year (or more, depending on the percentage of diet days to treat days in any given year!!)... so no, not a lot I miss per se that I can't get here...

A colleague comes over very frequently in the summer as she has a place near Dover so I often ask her for one thing (sugar free jelly this time - I'm addicted - just 1/4 of a sachet a day but I love it!!!)

lol. which flavour do you like. and branston is naughty!!

I miss bovril (but stock up when I'm back visiting family) and crunchies (but I've mastered making my own).

Don't miss either just now though - both are winter foods!

And I hear you, Joanne, on the lack of jobs in rural France:cry:. I've enrolled to do translating at home but lack motivation just now to further that but I'd love to work 'outside'. Then there's the holiday childcare problem:sigh: but my youngest will be old enough for holiday day camps by the next school holidays, so I'm going to start looking more seriously!

you make your own crunchies? sugar free?? lol

you make your own crunchies? sugar free?? lol

Sadly not sugar free, 'tis a doddle though! Won't put the recipe on here! And is only really possible now that we get Dairy Milk chocolate (coinciding with the Kraft takeover of Cadbury's, I believe) although I used any chocolate before then.

lol. yes better not post. im sure splenda wouldnt work the same!

Back