Cruise....What combo?

there was an interesting article a while ago about carbs being the reason we are all overweight (well not al of us but you know what i mean!)

I can't stand them, I wont eat packed meats unless you can see the fibres...y'know when the meat is cut and it's from a joint rather than some weird amalgamated sausage of "reformed" or "reconstituted" meat....that sorta shimmers and shines under the light..

Bah... even as a kid I wouldn't touch them :S

Phew! I feared you were gonna tell me off :-( cos I know they're handy and convenient!

<Sarah frightens me>

I think fat is worse for us than carbs surely?

I'm a pussycat :)... honest!

the medical fraternity and media are a mixed-up bunch...they can't make their minds up

to be fair... everyone is different and different things work for different people...

but I've tried, low cal, low fat and low carb before with no success (and I've noticed similar reports in posts around minimins)

where as this low carb, low fat IS working :) so medics and reports can go and.... :)...hmm

WEIGH THEMSELVES ! :D

and, to be honest, they are talking about +4lbs in 5 years which most of us would consider a good result!

dukan himself said we should gain around 2lbs naturally per year as we age ... or words to that effect...so that amount over 5 years could be entirely normal

It's like I read somewhere once that only 5% of people who've ever weighed over 100K keep it off for more than five years.

I'm at over six years so am trying to look at that as a positive, rather than constantly bemoaning the regain...

But with those sorts of articles out there, what's the incentive for anyone over 100K to even bother trying?!

Nearly home time... will have to check in for Vicky's news though!

Yeah I agree you've got to also wonder what do the media gain by demotivating people? or confusing the to the point they don't know which diet to choose and thus don't choose any....

I have done low carb a la Atkins, I didnt like it though and I didnt loose much weight on it, the only diet I have had any success with in the past was a low fat low calorie one, but it just wouldn't suit my lifestyle now, I am too bored too often, and as I am at home even though I work the temptation is just too high. I hate the thought of fat so low fat low carb is perfect for me. I think saturated fat is the worst thing of all, and trans fats

Cathy me too. I did well on ww second time around (but was hardly eating anything) sw bad for me and atkins was slow (but enjoyed the cheese) this is deffo the best option for me!

DUKAN RULES!

(haaa!)

I know quite a few who lost loads on Atkins, but they were women with very athletic figures, I wonder if that had anything to do with it. I am very not athletic shaped, very curvy

Ditto, Cathy. Still who knows what we'll look like once we're at goal? I think I'll still not look very athletic though (apart from my massive shoulders - but they're needed to support the massive chest!)

Must take some pictures of myself to put on here. Dont have any thin ones from days of yore to inspire me though lol

lol athletic mmm i will just be a smaller weeble !!!! fraid unless i had lipo to remomove the saddlebags I will always be bottom heavy

I know how I look at goal, cos I've been there... (see album)... now why was I daft enough to whack 2 stone back on again, grrrrr!

why were we all daft to do it .....the last pregnancy I only put on two stone then piled on another 2 after she was born !!!!!

I havent lost any since Emma was born :(

Back