Cruising at what altitude??

JaxieD

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

Just wondering is anyone doing the 2/7 cruise (2 days pp mixed up during week with 5 pv). In the book the doc says this is suitable for those who don't have much to lose. I want to lose about 10lbs and this may be easier for me to work with. Am just curious if anyone is doing this and what results are like?:)

Thanx

Jax

Hi Jaxie,

<great post title!!>

I can't say as I've ever encountered anyone doing that sort of a pattern. Normally I'd say "for just 10lbs, are you sure you'd want to do something as restrictive as Dukan", but as you've done a VLCD before, it's not as if you're starting...

It certainly could be an idea... your Consolidation period would potentially be too short though... so perhaps an idea to consider lengthening it.

Thanks Joanne,

I've been low carbing/cambridging for 2 weeks now but can't hack the CD restriction anymore as I've been finding it difficult to function with the lack of food. I've done Dukan before and although it worked it was very slow for me and I got bored!!!!! ( typical me) 2 weeks on CD have made me realise that I need food and I like low carb as the rather unpleasant
side-effects that carbs give me (bloating
gas, IBS) :eek: are eliminated. I'll give this
go and let you know how it's going. :D
Dr D says my true weight is 11 st 3 but I'm gonna aim for 4lbs above that. I am sooooo sick of forever dieting. My metabolism must be shot to pieces:sigh:

Hi Jaxie - I wondered where you had got to :D
Get marinading and get inventive I have loads of ideas to make food more interesting !

Excellent! Join in everywhere! Open a diary... Talk and talk!

Hi Jaxie - I wondered where you had got to :D
Get marinading and get inventive I have loads of ideas to make food more interesting !

Hi Vicky;)

Yeah, I sorta disappeared off the radar, went mad and put on a few lbs:eek: before and during my holiday. But I've caught myself on and am back in the right frame of mind. Think you're right. Need to use all ingredients allowed to make my meals more interesting AND plan ahead as I work full time and Dukan can involve a lot of preparation if u don't plan ahead. I tried Joanne's muffins for first time last night and they are really very good!!! :D

I just need to settle my head and stick to one plan instead of chopping and changing. :mad:

Is that pool yours? (and, if so, can we come for a visit?)

Is that pool yours? (and, if so, can we come for a visit?)

Lol!!!! I wish!! :p

That's my most fav place in the world in Lanzarote. We stay there every year (not ours, rented, mores the pity:cry:)

Just back fro it about 3 weeks ago. Thus the CD crash diet for 2 weeks (never again)

Hello everyone,

Just wondering is anyone doing the 2/7 cruise (2 days pp mixed up during week with 5 pv). In the book the doc says this is suitable for those who don't have much to lose. I want to lose about 10lbs and this may be easier for me to work with. Am just curious if anyone is doing this and what results are like?:)

Thanx

Jax

HI,

just for info - I've just been on holiday myself - self-catering and went with the intention of sort of doing conso. So I definitely had veg every day, but in the end I hardly had any carbs (a biscuit or two and a bit of bread a day) and I came back with a decent weight loss, so going 2/5PV might slow you down a little but should not stop you in your tracks.

HI,

just for info - I've just been on holiday myself - self-catering and went with the intention of sort of doing conso. So I definitely had veg every day, but in the end I hardly had any carbs (a biscuit or two and a bit of bread a day) and I came back with a decent weight loss, so going 2/5PV might slow you down a little but should not stop you in your tracks.

Thanx Anja, think I'm happy enuff with a slower loss as the mix of 2/7 suits better.
Well done on your holiday loss. Pretty impressive!!

Have you started Jax?

Have you started Jax?

Hi Joanne,

Sorta started but didn't do an attack:eek: as I hadn't really been eating carbs anyway whilst doing CD (s'pose I hadn't been anything much of anything actually:p)

Am really enjoying eating my veg but we shall see how it works for a week, and if no good shall go back to PP/PV every other day.

Hope all hoing well for you?

Right weighed in yesterday morning at 12.3lbs. Goal weight is 11.7lbs. Am going to alternate pp and pv as eating the veg everyday is bringing back all old symptoms:eek: and feel a bit yuck. Thus is not going to be 100% week ad I have a hen party on Thursday night and I intend to have a ball:D so weigh in will be Thurs morning and not Fri:p

Need to motivate myself to exercise. I usually cycle or 'do' a bit of jogging but I really can't be as*ed at the moment. Dunno what's up??

Anyway, onwards and downwards I hope!

I'm not a natural exerciser either, so I've been busying myself with chores around the house it's amazing how a thorough clean and declutter racks up the steps (wearing a pedometer)....burn calories/have a nice tidy and clean house :D....win>win situation

Right, I have had a Horrendous weekend, foodwise:eek: after having been so regimented for the past couple of weeks. I have eaten chinese, chocolate, cheese, sweets, crisps and drank copious amounts of vodka:sigh: and now feel like absolute dung!! My own fault, I know .....

Hate this bloated feeling, bleurgh!!:cry:

Have a hen party and a busy social weekend ahead so I'm probably not gonna be back on track properly until next week so this week will just be damage limitation. I need to lock myself away from all outside influences. Nightmare!!!!!!!

awh Jax I am sorry (but know exactly what you're describing!!). It's a shame you've this hen party and social weekend coming up, because NOW while you're feeling mega motivated (and half sick!) that it's good to restart!

Try a PP or two... because otherwise the scales are going to be very cruel next Monday... when you'll need to do a proper Attack phase. You'll see it'll be far easier for you by the subsequent weekend...

Good luck!

awh Jax I am sorry (but know exactly what you're describing!!). It's a shame you've this hen party and social weekend coming up, because NOW while you're feeling mega motivated (and half sick!) that it's good to restart!

Try a PP or two... because otherwise the scales are going to be very cruel next Monday... when you'll need to do a proper Attack phase. You'll see it'll be far easier for you by the subsequent weekend...

Good luck!

Awwh, thanks Joanne,:) think that's what I'll do, 2 days PP until Thursday and then start properly next Monday. Feel really unhealthy today so need to sort that out!! Hopefully it'll limit some of the damage!!

How are you getting on Jax?

Hi Joanne,

On 2nd PP day and feeling much better. Tomorrow will be off plan but will try to choose wisely the rest of the weekend when I can.
Really really dislike the PP days so looking forward to something tasty tomorrow night. Don't think I could do 5/5, too monotonous.

We shall see how I get on over the weekend and go for it next week all being well!!:D

You say you really hate the PP days...

Can you tell us what you've eaten yesterday and today? Maybe we can inspire you! (Do you check our menu thread?)

Back