Cruising for Eternity

Well I weighed it uncooked :confused:
But it was under 200g because it was just too much - more like 150g in the end.

Yesterday I had I guess what was my first real conso day. ate what I had to as 'encouraged' to get back to eating as soon as possible by doctor - still don't have much of an appetite though:

Breakfast: 2 Egg Omelette
Dinner: Chicken, Cheese and Mushroom Quesadilla with Spinach - one 40g wholemeal tortilla, 1oz low-fat cheddar cheese. Felt like a celebration meal already!
Snack: Galette

Back to work this sunny afternoon...

Most pastas I tried worked out at around 80-90g uncooked weight, and it was loadsa! Although our guru talks of using tomato sauce, a stabiliser on the French website I used at the time used to recommend we ate GREEN veg also with the pasta. I forget why though!

I've been sticking to 80gr MAX uncooked Wholemeal/brown Pasta, Rice, Couscous, Quinoa. It always works out at around 200gr cooked, which is a fairly large portion, so I usually have less.

*even I* found it a lot the first and only time I heaped up the FULL 200g... each and every (cold once weighed) one.

I'll remember that in future - as it was I really only had it as a convalescent meal so it was a little exceptional - better than a pack of Rich Teas, eh?!

glad to hear you're on the mend BE, looking forward to drooling over more of your menus - that quesadilla sounds amazing!

Honestly I don't see why so many people complain about the limitations or supposed boredom withthis diet, there's so much you can do - and the quesadilla is back on the menu for today ;)

Yesterday:

Snack: Gojis
Dinner: Grilled Chicken with Courgette and Mushroom
Snack: Galette with Apple

Still not that hungry so again a modest menu.

Back at work and my manager very kindly made me a 'recuperation tea' - only after I had it did I discover it was made from real honey and not just a Twinings sachet :confused:

Back at work and my manager very kindly made me a 'recuperation tea' - only after I had it did I discover it was made from real honey and not just a Twinings sachet :confused:

How NICE - and lucky you're in Conso now so no need to worry about it as long as it's not a regular thing for now!

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

better than a pack of Rich Teas, eh?!

Rich teas are not good...
they go soggy and fall into your tea!

I was offered a caramel tea last night at the hairdresser's; sounded lovely but said no thank you and pulled out my bottle of water and stuck it in my mouth before I could change my mind. The customer's tea next to me smelt divine!

Can you talk us through your quesathingy?

A quesadilla is pretty much a filled pancake, Mexican style.

I use one wholemeal tortilla. and cover one half with cheese and whatever other filling - chicken, mushroom, onion, etc. and cover that with cheese. Fold it half moon style and (dry)fry until the cheese has melted inside - only a couple of minutes max. And that's it.
Ideally you'd add beans and corn and guacamole but that's verging on celebration territory!

It's really limitless as to what you can do with it, but it's very difficult to go wrong - fruit versions are good too.

Yesterday:

Snack: Gojis
Dinner: Mild Steak Chilli, Quesadilla :D with Courgettes and Spinach
Snack: Galette

Exercise: Early morning yoga and a long evening walk.

Weigh in time:
So earlier on this week I was weighing in at 8st10lb - 122lb, so 4 lbs under my goal. However since going back to eating - and drinking - a little more properly I am back up to 8st 12lb.

Wondering if I should go ahead with a proper celebration meal tomorrow or if I should wait until next week due to not having a good diet this week anyway - I know my body is probably dying to get hold of all the carbs and fat it can, I wonder if this may be a vulnerable point for gaining?
Had planned a blue-cheese sirloin with a white chocolate cake dessert - possibly a little heavy going considering my fluctuation this week, I wonder :confused:

Tried to reply over the weekend but it totally didnt work.
Go for it on the meal, if you dont weigh yourself for a few days after you'll probably be fine. But if your tum is still close to unsettled maybe find a different dessert.....

Best of luck adapting to conso, no need to be scared.

Well I went ahead with the meal anyway - felt silly to have followed the other Dukan rules but was avoiding this one.

I think I probably overdid it, it was quite excessive in the end. Annoyed after being so so strict that I let go like that :(

Breakfast: 2-Egg Omelette
Lunch: Galette
Dinner: Sirloin Roast Dinner with Blue Cheese, White Chocolate Blondie with Butterscotch and Icecream :eek:

Exercise: Superlong early morning walk.

Mondya is my protein only day so hopefully I will try to reel in what I did yesterday!

Last edited:
How did you feel after that dinner BE? Strictly speaking you're still missing a starter, aperitif, and glass of wine... and bread... and veg etc from lunch.

I hope you enjoyed it. :D

PP today is good. I'm sure that'll give you more confidence, and hope you didn't jump on any scales.

Drink plenty of water...

That sounds like a wonderful gala and certainly not terribly excessive, Brownie. Don't feel bad about it - we're supposed to be having galas as it's all part of the plan.

I agree with jaqys and Jo - I never weigh myself the day after a gala. It would probably freak me out way too much. Your PP day will help to take up the slack.

I suppose in some respects it was a little restrained, no starter, no alcohol etc, but I feel like I overdosed on sugar! It was a very generous dessert portion and universally popular :p

All my muscles were aching yesterday, is that normal?! I guess because I had quite a bit of dairy in the dessert and sauce and everything after a long time without having any I feel bloated and sluggish, possibly why I feel so bad about it.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: Galette with Egg-White Omelette
Dinner:Grilled Chicken and Salmon with Prawns
Snack: Galette with Egg-White Omelette

Due to a nasty ankle sprain no walking or running - just a little yoga :(

I don't remember any aching muscles after my first proper gala, Brownie, but I think I may have felt a bit sluggish and as though I'd eaten too much (which, in effect, I probably had). I've found, so far, that it does get better, if that's any help.

Sorry to hear about your ankle.

Heal fast.

Have you been overdoing it a bit after your illness? For the aching?

Totally understand the post sugar sluggishness happens whenever I fall off the wagon in a bad way, but not the aches.

No, the aching lasted just yesterday. Gone again today. I asked a friend who has also been on the diet who said they also often felt aches the day after celebration meals - a bit of an oddity!

Hi BE - glad you feel better! I can't say I've ever experienced that either.

Back